The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Seems like we've poached another La Masia product as well, Georgios Spanoudakis. Supposedly will make his debut tonight for the U18s against Lincoln City.
Greek? Idk man.
Original post by #That'sNotMe
Vidal-Matic-Fabregas

Hazard-Torres-Di Maria

Too good :sogood:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would not be surprised if that doesn't work out. All foreigner legioners with none of them having played together so no team spirit no club identity.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Would not be surprised if that doesn't work out. All foreigner legioners with none of them having played together so no team spirit no club identity.

Torres and Fabregas have played together. Matic is a Chelsea boy who's progressed (albeit leaving) through the clubs ranks. The rest of the players can be shackled by Jose.
Original post by #That'sNotMe
Torres and Fabregas have played together. Matic is a Chelsea boy who's progressed (albeit leaving) through the clubs ranks. The rest of the players can be shackled by Jose.

It didn't work for Real for a decade.
Original post by little_tom
whereas with Szcz it seems he has almost reached his ceiling despite being young.

I'm not an Arsenal fan but I'm not so sure, I feel that's a little harsh on him. Surprised me with his performances last season as I considered him pretty crappy in the 12/13 season, should kick on this season if he wants to really make something of his career.
Reply 1446
Original post by SarcasticMel
It didn't work for Real for a decade.

I agree with what your saying tbh. The Real case I feel was slightly different in the sense that suicidal tactics cost them a lot, such as selling Makelele (who was basically an unsung hero for them) and buying Beckham, then playing without a true DM and leaving themselves exposed defensively. Then of course Barca circa 2008-2013 were one of, if not the, best club side ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh dear TSR is acting up again

"Tomáš Rosický"
We could do with Lars Bender.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why the hell have we sold Thomas Eisfield to Fulham on a permanent deal?! I'm so angry, this lad was actually good, bags of potential for him to finally get first team football. Kmt man.
Was following Eisfield. Was only a matter of time before he was sold. Isn't he 21/22 now without any real first team apps. I would have preferred he went to a PL club, so we can at least watch him play. Next up is Benik Afobe...
Original post by Birdman1234567
Was following Eisfield. Was only a matter of time before he was sold. Isn't he 21/22 now without any real first team apps. I would have preferred he went to a PL club, so we can at least watch him play. Next up is Benik Afobe...

Afobe, Coquelin, Miquel, Miyaichi. They could all be sold this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Santi Cazorla 86 rating? Lol.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why the hell have we sold Thomas Eisfield to Fulham on a permanent deal?! I'm so angry, this lad was actually good, bags of potential for him to finally get first team football. Kmt man.

Why are you over reacting? I've seen so many people having conniptions on twitter about this deal. Calm down ffs.

Eisfeld is pretty average and the club have higher hopes for the likes of Toral, Olsson and Zelalem and rightly so. He is a decent player but miles away from what we actually need. Everyone wants us to sign the necessary quality players to help us compete but then subsequently lose it when allow a player like Eisfeld to go. Make up your minds.

He's 21 now, so should have at least made some impression on the first team but never quite cut it because he's not good enough. Really is nothing to be losing sleep over. Besides, knowing how we operate, we probably have slipped in some sell-on or buy back clause into the deal if he does somehow turn into a world beater.

Speaking of reserves, there is talk of Gnabry going on loan, Southampton and & Newcastle are said to be interested, Would be a good move for him, get some game time, especially considering how many players we have who can occupy the wings.

I'm fearing for the Corporal, looks like he could be shown out, if that is permanent remains to be seen, as we are after Catania's RB Gino Peruzzi.
(edited 9 years ago)
In other news, the club have handed Mladen Micanovic, Serbian U19 player a trial ahead of a possible deal.

The 17-year-old, who plays for FK Javor Ivanjica, is regarded as a big talent in his homeland and Arsene Wenger has invited him to London for a trial.

According to local media, Micanovic is being looked at for Arsenal’s first-team squad and will train with the senior side ahead of a possible transfer.

The Gunners are believed to be weighing up signing the Serbia Under-19 star who has previously been linked with Inter Milan but want to take a closer look first.

A talented central midfielder who can also play at centre back or right-back, he would be available for about £100,000 if Arsenal went ahead with a deal.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought we'd shifted the selling club tag but it looks like vermaelens on his way out and we've let sagna go

I'll be furious if another captain goes to utd
Original post by Peggles_*
In other news, the club have handed Mladen Micanovic, Serbian U19 player a trial ahead of a possible deal.

100k?

He paid how much was it 40m for Ozil? 100k is nothing next to that, even if he doesn't become a star, they can sell him for a few million most likely in 5 years.
Original post by baconbutty
I thought we'd shifted the selling club tag but it looks like vermaelens on his way out and we've let sagna go

I'll be furious if another captain goes to utd

I'm happy for him to go and us buy Nastasic. Really happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest