The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JayJay-C19
Fagot is a bundle of sticks bound together, however, FaGGot is a homophobic derogatory term.

So it depends on Capitalisation? that's weird. Kinda like LaTeX

Spoiler

Original post by lerjj
So it depends on Capitalisation? that's weird. Kinda like LaTeX

Spoiler

Just the double 'gg' or singular 'g'.
Reply 22
I would consider that a swear word, I'm surprised that so many don't. It is more offensive than several other words I can think of that are typical 'swears'.
Original post by ldsbabe
Not a swear word as such but highly offensive. I would put it on par with the N word and the P word.

You don't think someone who uses the n-word is swearing?
Reply 25
This is pointless anyway. We don't need t define it into some superclass of definitions, because we know what the word means,and we know how offensive it is. So, there shouldn't be any discussion because there's nothing left to learn about the word.
He lived down the road from me; didn't he drown a gay lad in his pool after coming out or something?

Ask him for a swim.
Original post by RomnCoton
Ask him for a swim.

How incredibly funny you are. Try stand-up, seriously.
I thought it was? Erm... :erm:

I was told it was "something"-maggot. :/

Ask him for a swim.

That's pretty rude...
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RayApparently
You don't think someone who uses the n-word is swearing?

No I don't think it's a swear word. I think it's a highly offensive racist term.
I think swear words are the traditional ones like the one that rhymes with duck, and the one that rhymes with kit. :smile:
How incredibly funny you are. Try stand-up, seriously.

I wasn't trying to be funny... It's a nice day and a man down the road from you has a swimming pool. Be good for you to cool off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ldsbabe
No I don't think it's a swear word. I think it's a highly offensive racist term.
I think swear words are the traditional ones like the one that rhymes with duck, and the one that rhymes with kit. :smile:

Mike Hunt.
I wasn't trying to be funny... It's a nice day and a man down the road from you has a swimming pool. Be good for you to cool off.

You're hilarious. He doesn't even live in Britain anymore for one. For two, your idea of a joke is mediocre and uncanny.
swear word
noun

1. an offensive word, used especially as an expression of anger.

i just looked it up:colondollar: but yeah, it's more offensive than most so i'd consider it a swear word.
Reply 34
If you think it is a swear word then you are a faggot.
everyone is a faggot
faggots galore
Original post by ldsbabe

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Swear words, like all language, develops and changes all the time - there's no tradition to them. The 'swears' are just the most offensive ones at that time and I certainly think its far more offensive to call someone something very racist or homophobic than to use the 'one that rhymes with duck'.
It depends on the context, if you say it to a friend and you don't mean for it to be offensive then no, it is just banter.

However if you call a gay person a faggot in an aggressive way it will be taken as offensive.

It isn't a swear word but you really shouldn't use it out of context.
You're hilarious. He doesn't even live in Britain anymore for one. For two, your idea of a joke is mediocre and uncanny.

1. What is your source?
2. I am not joking. I am not laughing and nor are you.
Not if the radio can play it

(But then again, when the radio played "Teenage Dirtbag" they didn't censor d!ck or a$$, they blocked out the phrase "gun to school")
No I don't see it as a swear word.

Latest