The Student Room Group

Worst advice you have ever received?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Following from the other thread, originality level 8000.

Anyway I'll go first.

"Nate, don't worry your regen will make sure you're okay!"

[Backstory was on the mezzanine level of floor - and was playing with BB guns, proceed to jump and break my leg and was injured for 12 weeks]

Your turn.

I was going to create this thread today, you beat me to it :wink: Nice
Original post by karmacrunch

Haha, who said that? :tongue:
It's a little true though as you can ask for advice etc.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember:tongue:
Well, you'd have to have an unbelievable amount of self control to ignore all the distractions:lol:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I was going to create this thread today, you beat me to it :wink: Nice

you gave me the idea, nice one.

Do you make up all of these threads xxD

^Butterfly net. :colonhash:

You're not at quarter life status. Provided that you are hoping to live to 100. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

21*4 = 84

I'm 25% of the way there :cry:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
21*4 = 84

I'm 25% of the way there :cry:

You only want to live until you're 84?? Aww why? :hugs:

I would like to think that I'm about 1/7 of the way... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
"They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

Bull**** are they. Nothing needs eight legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g3vRZZM9Bs
(edited 9 years ago)
You only want to live until you're 84?? Aww why? :hugs:

I would like to think that I'm about 1/7 of the way... :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

84 seems reasonable. I'm also male so...

To be honest I'm more concerned with still having to work till that age ¬¬
To me, personally, from my college tutor: 'I think dropping out of A Levels and finding a job would be best for you'.

More generalised terrible advice:

'If you have hiccups, drink a glass of water upside-down.' ENDS IN DISASTER EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
84 seems reasonable. I'm also male so...

To be honest I'm more concerned with still having to work till that age ¬¬

So... so what? Just because they are supposed to live less... it doesn't mean that they will. :redface:

Is this supposed to be another emoticon? -> ¬¬

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
you gave me the idea, nice one.

Do you make up all of these threads xxD

I don't really make that many threads actually :smile: I should probably make more...

It's in the New on TSR Widget now :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I don't really make that many threads actually :smile: I should probably make more...

It's in the New on TSR Widget now :wink:

aha nice
'Be yourself'

One of the worst advices I have ever heard.
So... so what? Just because they are supposed to live less... it doesn't mean that they will. :redface:

Is this supposed to be another emoticon? -> ¬¬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the odds are still against me. Some of it is environmental but some could also be genetic. Having two X chromosomes is supposed to give you better odds for living longer and when you might develop certain old age illnesses. Obviously men can only have one X chromosome.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1827162,00.html

Yes it is. Maybe it is one only I use.

Original post by kseniagru
'Be yourself'

One of the worst advices I have ever heard.

This one to!

:five:
(edited 9 years ago)
Well the odds are still against me.

Yes it is. Maybe it is one only I use

Well... May the odds be ever in your favour :tongue:

Ah kk, I think so.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Well... May the odds be ever in your favour :tongue:

Ah kk, I think so.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is why women being able to retire sooner than men was the most unfair thing ever :huff:
Which is why women being able to retire sooner than men was the most unfair thing ever :huff:

Get rich quick then. Discover some weird new physics concept. Then retire at 29.5 years old :cool:

^ Sorry!
We do? I thought it was the same? Ooh, being a little sexist here but I guess women (some not all) at retirement age might be more frail and they might jot be able to continue with their jobs as well? <- Okay, that sounds a little pathetic :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get rich quick then. Discover some weird new physics concept. Then retire at 29.5 years old :cool:

^ Sorry!
We do? I thought it was the same? Ooh, being a little sexist here but I guess women (some not all) at retirement age might be more frail and they might jot be able to continue with their jobs as well? <- Okay, that sounds a little pathetic :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It became the same a few years ago. Also physicists rarely become rich. Or any scientists for that matter.

Hopefully by the time we are old there will have been massive advances in medical care. Who know, cancer might be a thing of the past like all those Victorian diseases.
(edited 9 years ago)
It became the same a few years ago. Also physicists rarely become rich. Or any scientists for that matter.

Oh okay, that's better then.

Don't be pessimistic :frown:

Also, I'm planning on becoming a scientist (probably, a toxicologist) so... and I want to discover stuff. I'm sure you will!

Posted from TSR Mobile
'I think you should exercise' - also by a psychologist :tongue: I don't care what anybody says, when you're severely depressed you do not want to exercise and, for me anyway, it seemed impossible. That's all she would say every session over and over. She was so unhelpful and she made me even more frustrated. This was about 3 years ago and rumour has it she's been sacked now.

In the third week of my AS year my biology teacher said she noticed I was struggling and would do better if I switched to BTEC Level 3 Applied Biology. I assured her I was fine but ended up getting an E :colondollar: It seemed like terrible advice at the time but I wish I had listened.

'Your best is good enough' - my mum among others. I tried my best with AS Biology and got an E. Is that good enough? No. Many other examples but it seems I'm still hung up about biology today :tongue:
"Be patient."

Quick Reply

Latest