The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chindits
Despicable 'palestinian' terrorists using Hospital as firing point

Explain to me why it took tank shells to kill these militants, along with killing and wounding patients and staff, and why bullets would not suffice? Or is the accuracy of the Israeli military that poor?
Any reason why the IDF should explain to Eurotrash leftists and the Islamist bedfellows about operational needs?

They'll be explaining to the UNHRC soon enough...
Reply 1802
Any reason why the IDF should explain to Eurotrash leftists and the Islamist bedfellows about operational needs?

Well you seem to be trying your best to explain everything else away to us Eurotrash leftists. What's the reason for that?

Well, given that their actions lead to unnecessary civilian casualties, even the supporters of the IDF are asking questions, so maybe you should answer it for them.
Original post by tsr1269
They'll be explaining to the UNHRC soon enough...

About the extra 500 dead Hamas that have been found like last time? :wink:

Reducing that 'civilian' casualty rate?

:biggrin:

According to the Hamas guidelines: Anyone killed or martyred is to be called a civilian from Gaza or Palestine, before we talk about his status in jihad or his military rank. Don’t forget to always add ‘innocent civilian’ or ‘innocent citizen’ in your description of those killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza.”

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Jammy Duel
Well, given that their actions lead to unnecessary civilian casualties, even the supporters of the IDF are asking questions, so maybe you should answer it for them.

Unnecessary?

Tell you what mate. When NATO (including the Brits and Americans) explain all the civilian death in their wars - including bombing hospitals, old age homes, wedding parties and fleeing refugees - then you can ask the Israelis and others for explanations on their campaigns.

The Jewish people aren't going to let the Eurotrash treat them with a double standard any longer. You're not dealing with 1930's Jews any longer. The Europeans still think have some sort of right to dictate to Jewry.

Especially the world's new Nazis who trade under the moniker of "the left wing" :smile:
Unnecessary?

Tell you what mate. When NATO (including the Brits and Americans) explain all the civilian death in their wars - including bombing hospitals, old age homes, wedding parties and fleeing refugees - then you can ask the Israelis and others for explanations on their campaigns.

The Jewish people aren't going to let the Eurotrash treat them with a double standard any longer. You're not dealing with 1930's Jews any longer. The Europeans still think have some sort of right to dictate to Jewry.

Especially the world's new Nazis who trade under the moniker of "the left wing" :smile:

Tu quoque, try again.
(edited 9 years ago)
About the extra 500 dead Hamas that have been found like last time? :wink:

Reducing that 'civilian' casualty rate?

:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As I have said, Israel is expected to be hauled up in front of the UN Human Rights Council and have it's actions scrutinised.

Most likely, it will be found guilty of several instances of abuses which the PA can then use as a platform for bringing an action in the ICC. After several precedents of leaders being successful prosecuted, it is envisioned that someone in the Israeli government (Netanyahu maybe?) will be indicted on war crime charges which may lead to an imprisonment.

In either case, the situation for Palestinians will improve from that of a concentration camp to hopefully something that resembles humanity.
The board at Ben Gurion airport:

Original post by tsr1269
As I have said, Israel is expected to be hauled up in front of the UN Human Rights Council and have it's actions scrutinised.

Most likely, it will be found guilty of several instances of abuses which the PA can then use as a platform for bringing an action in the ICC. .

Doubt it mate!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

"Israel warns civilians, we don't!"

'Palestinian' representative at the UN Human Right Council warns against taking Israel to the ICC because 'palestinians themselves would be found MORE guilty!'

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1810
Original post by tsr1269
The board at Ben Gurion airport:

Well that's enough to make anyone go on a murderous rampage.
Original post by DaveSmith99

Thanks mate.

Now do the graph that depicts how many British troops have died in Afghanistan and how many Afghans they have killed.

Same for Iraq.

Cheers mate.
Phillip Hammond to travel to Palestine and visit Abbas. He will then meet with Israeli officials.

The IBA (Israeli Broadcasting Authority) censors Human Rights Group (B'Tselem) over an advert containing some names of those killed in the conflict. You can see the advert here.

Israel have warned Palestinians to evacuate a 3km area inside of Gaza which also contains numerous refugee camps run by the UNWRA. They are currently demolishing homes:

ORC International finds that Americans are becoming increasingly unfavourable to Israel as a country (figures in brackets are from February) - Favourable = 60% (72%), Unfavourable = 38% (24%)

Iran says it will treat injured Palestinians but Israel are not allowing them to cross the border.

Fatah gunmen open fire on IDF in the West Bank.

There has also been significant progress in the ceasefire talks between Fatah and HAMAS in Cairo.

Qassam Video:

Doubt it mate!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You can't be found "more guilty". You are either guilty or not guilty...
Thanks mate.

Now do the graph that depicts how many British troops have died in Afghanistan and how many Afghans they have killed.

Same for Iraq.

Cheers mate.

Tu Quoque, but here you go:

Original post by n00
Well that's enough to make anyone go on a murderous rampage.

How can you say that when Israel are the only country in the world to show "unimaginable restraint"?
According to a 'secret' US State Department cable, based on conversations between US diplomats and senior Israeli officials, revealed by Wikileaks in 2011: "Israeli officials have confirmed to Embassy officials on multiple occasions that they intend to keep the Gazan economy functioning at the lowest level possible consistent with avoiding a humanitarian crisis.. As part of their overall embargo plan against Gaza, Israeli officials have confirmed ... on multiple occasions that they intend to keep the Gazan economy on the brink of collapse without quite pushing it over the edge." Also, official Israeli documents, released to the Gisha human rights organisation under Freedom of Information legislation, showed that "the Israeli military made precise calculations of Gaza's daily calorie needs to avoid malnutrition during a blockade imposed on the Palestinian territory between 2007 and mid-2010" and then refused to allow in enough trucks of food to meet those "daily calorie needs".

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40926651/ns/us_news-wikileaks_in_security/t/israel-pushed-gaza-brink-collapse-wikileaks/#.U848JI1dX21
http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/8004/new-details-of-israels-gaza-food-consumption-red-l
Reply 1818
Original post by Inzamam99
According to a 'secret' US State Department cable, based on conversations between US diplomats and senior Israeli officials, revealed by Wikileaks in 2011: "Israeli officials have confirmed to Embassy officials on multiple occasions that they intend to keep the Gazan economy functioning at the lowest level possible consistent with avoiding a humanitarian crisis.. As part of their overall embargo plan against Gaza, Israeli officials have confirmed ... on multiple occasions that they intend to keep the Gazan economy on the brink of collapse without quite pushing it over the edge." Also, official Israeli documents, released to the Gisha human rights organisation under Freedom of Information legislation, showed that "the Israeli military made precise calculations of Gaza's daily calorie needs to avoid malnutrition during a blockade imposed on the Palestinian territory between 2007 and mid-2010" and then refused to allow in enough trucks of food to meet those "daily calorie needs".

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40926651/ns/us_news-wikileaks_in_security/t/israel-pushed-gaza-brink-collapse-wikileaks/#.U848JI1dX21
http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/8004/new-details-of-israels-gaza-food-consumption-red-l

thanks for the insight, and then they say Hamas is a terrorist organisation
Snowblog's visit to Gaza:

"Have I awoken to a swarm of bees in my lightless hotel room? The electricity is off, again. The bees are drones, devised in America, manufactured in Israel, overhead in Gaza at all times in this war.Crump, crump, boom. boom. You hear the shells fired, and the boom of impact and wonder who has died?

I am in Gaza, in the al Qudz hotel, a street away from the beach. I can’t hear the sea, only the drones. I’m up.

No amount of toothpaste loaded onto my toothbrush will drown the tang of salt water. Purified water hardly exists even to drink. A horrid taste, Palestinians tell you the aquifer under Gaza has been drained by the Israelis, and sea water has seeped in to replace it. Maybe the vast claimed Hamas tunnel network is also to blame.

There is soap, there is even an apologetic little sachet of Head and Shoulders shampoo how did that get into Gaza? Can’t you make explosives out of shampoo?

Judging by the peeling paint, you can make explosives out of that, so nothing appears to have been painted in Gaza in two decades.

The shower is salty, sticky too. When did I last thank the Lord for a cold shower? The soap and the Head and Shoulders lather delightfully. I’m briefly in heaven. The dust and sweat of yesterday is drowned.

I put on exactly the same clothes I got up in yesterday. I don’t know when we are leaving we could be stuck for a week, or just another hour. And having to carry everything in, could not afford luxury of clean clothes.

I’m out alone on the street. Where are Gaza’s 1.8 million souls? Sheltering. And yet when you meet them, in the shadows, their clothes are clean and pressed, their faces smile, and they greet you, as you greet them.

So gracious and hospitable yet condemned in this graceless inhospitable place. Not one building stands complete and whole. Some were never finished, some have been finished by shells and missiles.

You glimpse the out-going rockets. Their random human targets are protected by America’s brilliant Iron Dome shield.

I first came here 20 years ago. Then there was grace, great Palestinians houses, green gardens, sweet squares, and old men taking tea beneath the shade of palms. There was a strong degree of peace, prosperity even.

Now it has been extinguished. But not the spirit of the people. The people now may not rave about Hamas, but they praise their resistance in the face of what they feel, experience, and argue, is the aggression of Israel.

Fourteen months of no Hamas rocketry. Then the brutal killing of three Israeli teenagersand the renewed exchange of fire.

This cannot go on. Humans live in Gaza, remarkably like us. They laugh, they cry, they die. But too many of them die before their time.

And that is true for those 29 Israeli military boys who have died, none older than his 20s.

Cannot their end be the starting point for something revolutionarily new? Getting inside each others’ heads, understanding the other, or is it all just too late?2

Latest

Trending

Trending