The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Weekly Spending

Just a quick question to students already at university. How much do you spend per week on average? Not including rent and gas/water/electric bills!
I've just found out how much money I'll be getting from student finance so now is the time to figure out what I'll do 😊
Reply 1
Even I would like to hear from some existing students.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Abbseh
Just a quick question to students already at university. How much do you spend per week on average? Not including rent and gas/water/electric bills!
I've just found out how much money I'll be getting from student finance so now is the time to figure out what I'll do 😊

This would depend on accommodation! Obviously in catered you'd be spending less as you have food and drink for you, but then you'd be paying bus fare for uni.
Another big thing is how much you like going out, it's super cheap in Liverpool and most places are free entry or under £4! I'd estimate £70 a week
Reply 3
Original post by csmith95
This would depend on accommodation! Obviously in catered you'd be spending less as you have food and drink for you, but then you'd be paying bus fare for uni.
Another big thing is how much you like going out, it's super cheap in Liverpool and most places are free entry or under £4! I'd estimate £70 a week

I should have said, it would be self catered! I know I love that most are free except popworld which is £5 though during the peak times of the night :frown: Okay £70 I think I can manage
I was spending about £50 a week (self catered, so food and going out), sometimes less if I'd spent ridiculous amounts of money early on in the month :K:
Reply 5
I was self-catered in first year and spent probably around £15-£20 / week on food. Obviously further expense depends greatly on how often you go out, what you drink, what societies/sports you are involved in etc.

There are plenty of free places to go during the week, but be prepared for the costs to hike on Fridays & Saturdays when town becomes stag/hen night central.
Reply 6
Original post by WhiteWash
I was self-catered in first year and spent probably around £15-£20 / week on food. Obviously further expense depends greatly on how often you go out, what you drink, what societies/sports you are involved in etc.

There are plenty of free places to go during the week, but be prepared for the costs to hike on Fridays & Saturdays when town becomes stag/hen night central.

Thank you! I'm trying to figure out my budget but I literally have no idea so these guides are good :smile:

Friday and Saturdays are the worst for hen nights, the other week my friends and I counted 16 in one night!

Original post by bumblebee342
I was spending about £50 a week (self catered, so food and going out), sometimes less if I'd spent ridiculous amounts of money early on in the month :K:

Okay that's much more achievable! I can push to £80 but I'd have to get a job to handle that 😔
to be honest, I wish I picked private accommodation, I think I heard it was cheaper than liverpools normal accommodation
Reply 8
Original post by maryamzahid
to be honest, I wish I picked private accommodation, I think I heard it was cheaper than liverpools normal accommodation

But Crown Place is new and amaaaaaaaaaaaazing
Original post by Abbseh
But Crown Place is new and amaaaaaaaaaaaazing

I knoowwwww, but it is soooo expensive, you see my problem blud?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending