The Student Room Group

CoPE?

I'm starting sixth form in September and doing the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I intend to do an extended project alongside it but my school has suggested that everyone in my health and social class does CoPE. They tried to explain to us what it was and basically said it was about general life skills but I don't really understand what it is or how it works. I was just wondering, has anyone ever done CoPE at their sixth form/college? If so, was it good, what was it like? I'm not sure I want to do it as I have a lot of health & social work to do plus an extended project so I'm unsure if it'll be worth my time. Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LydiaFirefly<3
I'm starting sixth form in September and doing the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I intend to do an extended project alongside it but my school has suggested that everyone in my health and social class does CoPE. They tried to explain to us what it was and basically said it was about general life skills but I don't really understand what it is or how it works. I was just wondering, has anyone ever done CoPE at their sixth form/college? If so, was it good, what was it like? I'm not sure I want to do it as I have a lot of health & social work to do plus an extended project so I'm unsure if it'll be worth my time. Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Certificate of Personal Effectiveness.. It's a complete and utter joke for a qualification.

As for the general life skills, that's correct, it teaches you very basic life skills, this can be from managing finances to learning how to use a washing machine or cooking, depending on the level..

The only good thing I got out of this was a nice hot chocolate everyday.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Binary Freak
Certificate of Personal Effectiveness.. It's a complete and utter joke for a qualification.

As for the general life skills, that's correct, it teaches you very basic life skills, this can be from managing finances to learning how to use a washing machine or cooking, depending on the level..

The only good thing I got out of this was a nice hot chocolate everyday.

Ah I see. So you don't feel like it helped you get into university or get a job or anything? The hot chocolate sounds like an attractive part of it but otherwise it doesn't sound very good:tongue: I definitely don't think I want to do it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see. So you don't feel like it helped you get into university or get a job or anything? The hot chocolate sounds like an attractive part of it but otherwise it doesn't sound very good:tongue: I definitely don't think I want to do it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It gives some UCAS (See here)

Even if it does give UCAS points, I should think most universities just get a laugh out of seeing it on an application.

The course itself is taught over a year or two, however it can easily be done in 2 weeks.

First time in 3 years I have bothered to take the certificate out of my draw. It's a burden, so it lives in the draw.
Original post by Binary Freak
It gives some UCAS (See here)

Even if it does give UCAS points, I should think most universities just get a laugh out of seeing it on an application.

The course itself is taught over a year or two, however it can easily be done in 2 weeks.

First time in 3 years I have bothered to take the certificate out of my draw. It's a burden, so it lives in the draw.

They told us it carried UCAS points but that most universities didn't count them. They kinda tried to big it up because they wanted us all to do it but none of us really want to. So you wouldn't say it's worth doing even if I have a bit of extra time to do it? Thanks for your help by the way!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They told us it carried UCAS points but that most universities didn't count them. They kinda tried to big it up because they wanted us all to do it but none of us really want to. So you wouldn't say it's worth doing even if I have a bit of extra time to do it? Thanks for your help by the way!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I Wouldn't even do it if I was paid. I have better things to do, and it just becomes a complete burden.

Not even put it on my C.V.
Ah okay, thank you! Don't think I'll do it now then, it seems a waste of time :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending