The Student Room Group

Santander student current account help?

http://i.gyazo.com/01c517ba4e2179b232890486c584779e.png

could anyone possibly help me with this financial information section of the registration?

My only income will be my student loan and grant, which ive divided up into 8 months, but money from SFE will come in terms, right?

anyway as for outgoings i put my accomodation cost + food + other bills + travel money and a little extra and added all that up

Do I also have to factor in the cost of the course?

Thanks for any help :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by gazebi

could anyone possibly help me with this financial information section of the registration?

My only income will be my student loan and grant, which ive divided up into 8 months, but money from SFE will come in terms, right?

anyway as for outgoings i put my accomodation cost + food + other bills + travel money and a little extra and added all that up

I opened mine in branch and wasn't asked any of these.

I think it usually is easier to visit a branch if you have one local.
Reply 2
Original post by OllieDS
I opened mine in branch and wasn't asked any of these.

I think it usually is easier to visit a branch if you have one local.

Alright, what shall i bring with me?
I dont have any UCAS confirmation letter yet, it's all online.
Just split your total income from loans/grants, bursaries, work etc, up into nine monthly amounts. Do the same with your accommodation costs.

I wasn't aware you could even do this online. As they ask to see your A12 UCAS letter and your SFE letter.

Good luck anyway..
Reply 4
Original post by gazebi
Alright, what shall i bring with me?

I dont have any UCAS confirmation letter yet, it's all online.

Print out your UCAS Confirmation letter and take Photo ID and also proof of address (Utility Bill).

They're very quick, I was out after 20 minutes and my account was set up after a few days.
Original post by OllieDS
Print out your UCAS Confirmation letter and take Photo ID and also proof of address (Utility Bill).

They're very quick, I was out after 20 minutes and my account was set up after a few days.

I opened my santander student account a couple of weeks ago online and I didn't have to show any ucas confirmation letter...which is strange..
Original post by gazebi

Its just for AML purposes doesn't have to be completely accurate, just to the best of your knowledge. Its to prevent fraud like money laundering and suspicious transactions. So for example if you had unusual amounts of money running through the account it will flag up. Part of the banks KYC checks.
Reply 7
Original post by MrEFeynman
Just split your total income from loans/grants, bursaries, work etc, up into nine monthly amounts. Do the same with your accommodation costs.

I wasn't aware you could even do this online. As they ask to see your A12 UCAS letter and your SFE letter.

Good luck anyway..

My monthly income will be the same as how much ill be paying into my account each month at the bottom yea?

I dont have my UCAS letter yet and I dunno if i can get it from Track? It's offline at the moment anyway :smile:

Thanks for all the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending