The Student Room Group

What's the best foundation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itssimplyme

You're definitely not the only one! :tongue:

Spoiler

Awww thank you :smile: I love makeup haha. I actually went on a VIP YSL event Yesterday and got my hands on the fetische pallete which isn't out for a few months :colone: Will do a tutorial with it soon!
Reply 21
Original post by ldsbabe
Haha, I definitely don't think it's a placebo, it's just a much higher quality I think!
But there are definitely some rubbish expensive foundations e.g. Nars.

I just feel like it's so hard to colour match with cheap foundations, they are either pink or orange! and they last me about 30 mins before I'm patchy!

Isn't Nars good? I was thinking of buying one of their foundations as so many youtube gurus rave about them, now I'm not so sure :confused:

I really want to try makeup forever hd foundation - but i have no idea if you can get it in the UK :frown:
Reply 22
I only really use concealer these days but i really want to try lancome teint idol ultra. I've got really oily skin and I've heard that it's really good.
Even though it's drugstore, Rimmel Match Perfection is my old time favourite, especially in summer as it is light coverage, but buildable! Must have repurchased at least five times...
Original post by She-Ra
I used to use Double Wear but I started using Bare Minerals about a month ago and absolutely love it! I can't imagine ever using anything else. Definitely try out the starter kit... it's amaze!

I just got bare minerals! wore it out for the first time yesterday and 3 people said i looked really good and asked what id done :biggrin:
Original post by Cali_lewis
I just got bare minerals! wore it out for the first time yesterday and 3 people said i looked really good and asked what id done :biggrin:

Awesome! It is amazing - gives you a fresh look :smile: I love it! Enjoy it!
Original post by ohitstia
Even though it's drugstore, Rimmel Match Perfection is my old time favourite, especially in summer as it is light coverage, but buildable! Must have repurchased at least five times...

I too use Rimmel's match perfection for everyday. I find that it lasts a bit longer than my YSL Touch Eclat foundation, I prefer how the YSL foundation looks though, slightly more dewy.
Reply 27
Original post by CBftw
Isn't Nars good? I was thinking of buying one of their foundations as so many youtube gurus rave about them, now I'm not so sure :confused:

I really want to try makeup forever hd foundation - but i have no idea if you can get it in the UK :frown:

I have the Nars Sheer Glow and I absolutely love it, feels so light on my face and isn't at all greasy.
Reply 28
Original post by Libbie-
I have the Nars Sheer Glow and I absolutely love it, feels so light on my face and isn't at all greasy.

Heyyy, I'm just wondering if you could advise me on what shade of the Nars foundation I would need, I don't have time to get it from a shop as I would like it asap so am going to order online. I'm pale and wear shade ivory in Loreal true match and Vanilla in the Bourgeious 123 one I cant remember the name lmao. Any guidance wold be much appreciated!
People rave about Nars Sheer Glow. My twin has it, I think it applies really easily, provides a good coverage but isn't thick on.
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
X

Do you find the Double Wear and MAC foundation pale enough for you? I use Double Wear in Shell and Studio Fix in NW10 but both give me orange lines, even if I blend it really well with a sponge or foundation brush...
Reply 31
I use revlon colour stay atm (dry/combination skin version) and I literally can't fault it, the colour really matches my skin and it is great coverage!
Original post by infairverona
Do you find the Double Wear and MAC foundation pale enough for you? I use Double Wear in Shell and Studio Fix in NW10 but both give me orange lines, even if I blend it really well with a sponge or foundation brush...

Yeah, I'm about NC20 naturally.

Have you tried illamasqua? Their 115 is too pale for me
lol@pasting paint on your face to look good like some sorta tribal warrior.

Just girly things.
Yeah, I'm about NC20 naturally.

Have you tried illamasqua? Their 115 is too pale for me

Really?? Wow lucky haha. I haven't, I was meaning to try the one that has numbers 1, 2 etc with the palest one being white, but I only just bought Double Wear so illamasqua is on the list for this payday :smile:
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol@pasting paint on your face to look good like some sorta tribal warrior.

Just girly things.

I don't 'paint' my face. I use it to even out my skin tone.
Awww thank you :smile: I love makeup haha. I actually went on a VIP YSL event Yesterday and got my hands on the fetische pallete which isn't out for a few months :colone: Will do a tutorial with it soon!

do you have a youtube channel?
Original post by ldsbabe
Haha, I definitely don't think it's a placebo, it's just a much higher quality I think!
But there are definitely some rubbish expensive foundations e.g. Nars.

I just feel like it's so hard to colour match with cheap foundations, they are either pink or orange! and they last me about 30 mins before I'm patchy!

Really. I think Nars is pretty good. I use the Sheer Glow foundation and I'm quite impressed with it, although I know some people who don't like it because they think the colour ranges are limited.

I use Nars on special occasions and Loreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation. The latter is really light and isn't heavy coverage, but it's great for an ordinary day out.
No7's foundation match for my skin was really accurate but I'm looking for a replacement because it feels too thick on my face. Problem is I'm broke as hell. The L'oreal Lumi Magique foundation looks really good, but I think I got the wrong shade, so I can't judge. I'm currently using Sephora CC cream which is a dream (rhyme not intended).

Anyone know what colour No7 foundation in Honey would be in different brands?
No 7 beautifully matte is my ultimate favourite ! Love it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending