The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Ask about Firpark area in Glasgow

Hello every one
I am an international student and I would like to ask about the area in Glasgow called Firpark court because i found flat there . is it a safety place .
Thanks a lot
Falah
Original post by FalahOTB
Hello every one
I am an international student and I would like to ask about the area in Glasgow called Firpark court because i found flat there . is it a safety place .
Thanks a lot
Falah

Hey, yeah you will be fine, it's as central as you could expect to live without paying crazy prices, Glasgow as a city does get more deprived the further east you go, and that area is the beginning of it, however the commonwealth games have re-generated the whole area, so it's much cleaner and safer than it ever used to be. You will face the same problems most city centre dwellings face, drunk folk and junkies, but they most likely won't bother you if you don't bother them.

However, its a decent little distance from The University of Glasgow, you will have a decent walk and then a trip on the underground. Or a long old bus journey on your hands.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
How much is the rent?
Reply 3
Original post by Gillybop
Hey, yeah you will be fine, it's as central as you could expect to live without paying crazy prices, Glasgow as a city does get more deprived the further east you go, and that area is the beginning of it, however the commonwealth games have re-generated the whole area, so it's much cleaner and safer than it ever used to be. You will face the same problems most city centre dwellings face, drunk folk and junkies, but they most likely won't bother you if you don't bother them.

However, its a decent little distance from The University of Glasgow, you will have a decent walk and then a trip on the underground. Or a long old bus journey on your hands.

Thank you so much for useful information .
MANY THANKS
Reply 4
Original post by European Son
How much is the rent?

Hi.. It's around 600.
Hi.. It's around 600.

Hmm, seems pricey. Is it a 1 bedroom place? You could get a place cheaper and far closer to the University. It's a bit of a drag being so far from the University and relying on public transport, but each to their own.
Hi.. It's around 600.

I agree with the fella above, £600 is a bit steep considering the distance from uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending