The Student Room Group

'Straight white guy festival' causes controversy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBallWinner
To summarise my feelings on this matter. What on earth is wrong with a "White Festival" or whatever it is? There's literally nothing wrong with it.

Who argues when there's equivalents?

I don't like the mentality of black people thinking they're the only people that's had it tough in life or throughout their family tree. I think it's ridiculous.

Throwing this on page 5. I'm out now.
This festival was probably just a joke, and the backlash is proving its point: it's okay to be proud of who you are, just so long as you're not a straight white male with a penis and are perfectly comfortable having said penis.
ye bit silly being angry at people for wanting to have a festival. No one gets angry when we celebrate chinese new year lol
To summarise my feelings on this matter. What on earth is wrong with a "White Festival" or whatever it is? There's literally nothing wrong with it.

Who argues when there's equivalents?

I don't like the mentality of black people thinking they're the only people that's had it tough in life or throughout their family tree. I think it's ridiculous.

Totally agree. It's kinda lolworthy reading some of the stuff black people on this website say. 'Were your ancestors slaves? shut the **** up' lmfao. Good chance anyone's ancestors could have been slaves since it was common all over the world in the past in a lot of cultures.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Totally agree. It's kinda lolworthy reading some of the stuff black people on this website say. 'Were your ancestors slaves? shut the **** up' lmfao. Good chance anyone's ancestors could have been slaves since it was common all over the world in the past in a lot of cultures.

I think what needs to change is the fact most people are scared / worried about being branded "Racist" of saying what I and yourself have just said, thus the people continue to ramble on without anything being said back.
I'd say that's far more than what you've ever done for people in the 3rd world.

You look like you spend your weekly allowance on clothes and make up.

You sound so hurt. I must have described you. Did you go on a gap-yah?

Its ok, ill spend my next pay check on tickets for this festival. See you there!
Original post by SophiaLDN
You sound so hurt. I must have described you. Did you go on a gap-yah?

Its ok, ill spend my next pay check on tickets for this festival. See you there!

I didn't, no. I graduated at 21 with a Masters in a subject too structured and difficult to comprehend for somebody like you. I'd mention my salary but I don't want to boast.

You're a 4/10, by the way. x
Reply 87
Original post by DiddyDec
Seriously, straight white male that wants to be black. That isn't really a great example is it. Where is you think the phrase "wigger" comes from? You just need to look at some of the London boroughs to see white people (more specifically men) who are acting like the black gangs of America.

So...that's the only thing you picked out from my post? :rolleyes:

Forgetting about the idiots who think it's "cool" and will get them chicks, I'm referring to people who feel that their race/orientation has held them back. You forget, that the black gangs of America are not an accurate representation of the average black man. I'm talking about averages here. These people genuinely believe that their race/orientation has held them back, leading them to want to walk through life in the average white mans shoes. Most straight white men have never felt that way about that way about any other sub group.

The whole wigger thing isn't a noteworthy example. It's a fad, momentary and plays up to an extreme stereotype.
I didn't, no. I graduated at 21 with a Masters in a subject too structured and difficult to comprehend for somebody like you. I'd mention my salary but I don't want to boast.

You're a 4/10, by the way. x

Wow, incredible. Please do tell me more, oh great one.

You clearly dont know what im studying, hilarious.

You're a 0/10 by the way, and thats me being generous. x
Original post by Tai Ga
So...that's the only thing you picked out from my post?.

Yep.
Reply 90
Original post by imtelling
Both straight white men AND women were deliberate targets of genocide and slavery over the past few centuries.

so you gonna provide sources and examples for this nonsensical claim?
Reply 91
Yep.

Didn't bother to refute. Clearly has no argument. :smile:
Original post by Tai Ga

Well, Lets start with Stalin. He genocided roughly 40 million people. Virtually all of them were white men and women. Does that count?
Original post by SophiaLDN
Wow, incredible. Please do tell me more, oh great one.

You clearly dont know what im studying, hilarious.

You're a 0/10 by the way, and thats me being generous. x

I'm not being nasty, Sophia. I just know alot of girls like you and sometimes they need to be brought back to reality rather than thinking they're all that when desperate hood rats 'like' and 'comment' on your Insta posts.

I'm sure you're studying a really really really tough course.

All the best, God bless. x
Original post by Tai Ga
Didn't bother to refute. Clearly has no argument. :smile:

How could I possibly argue that white people are more disadvantaged than any other race in the western world?
Original post by Tai Ga
So...that's the only thing you picked out from my post? :rolleyes:

Forgetting about the idiots who think it's "cool" and will get them chicks, I'm referring to people who feel that their race/orientation has held them back. You forget, that the black gangs of America are not an accurate representation of the average black man. I'm talking about averages here. These people genuinely believe that their race/orientation has held them back, leading them to want to walk through life in the average white mans shoes. Most straight white men have never felt that way about that way about any other sub group.

The whole wigger thing isn't a noteworthy example. It's a fad, momentary and plays up to an extreme stereotype.

Can I just thank you for making this point? It was roughly the point I was trying to make earlier but I was shot down by people trying to argue that white men have had it just as hard as black people, gays and women over the last few centuries. Being white and also aware of the hardships of other minorities is not a bad thing, which people seem to think.
Reply 96
It's probably just satire, but if it's not it's quite offensive, and it delegitimatizes the whole idea of Prides when whiteness & masculinity is celebrated everyday, everywhere.
Reply 97
Original post by imtelling
Well, Lets start with Stalin. He genocided roughly 40 million people. Virtually all of them were white men and women. Does that count?
Did he target them specifically? Of course that'd be the case, considering there were practically only white people present in that area of the world at the time. He didn't declare that he was actively going to obliterate white straight men/women. Everyone was a target of his regime. Very poor example.

How could I possibly argue that white people are more disadvantaged than any other race in the western world?

Lol ok fair enough
Reply 98
Original post by TheAnusFiles
They aren't doing it to get noticed. They are doing it for fun.

Exactly!
Original post by Tai Ga

Would you like me to provide proof of my Grandfather fighting in two World Wars just so people like you could come over to England and have an education that your parents' country couldn't provide?

I have honestly got every single medal possible for a soldier in both wars. Not sure how much they're worth but I'd never stoop so low.

Bit off topic that last bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending