The Student Room Group

year in industry cv?

Starting my second year this september doing chemistry and we're applying for chemical companies when we go back (for our third year). The deadline for our CV is (this) 31st of july and I was just wondering what I should include in my CV?

I really don't know what to include. Do I include my first year marks or will my referees do that for me? Do I make those skills based cvs instead? It's an actual paid job and not just some work experience in a lab.
Original post by InadequateJusticex

The same as any/every CV, you need to give evidence of relevant skills. So you need to lead off with Education and your academics. This might be one of the rare cases where mentioning specific modules is appropriate.

You will probably also need a Technical Skills section where you show what equipment, processes, techniques etc you can use - this is particularly good for tailoring your CV to each specific application.

The the skills you are likely to need to demonstrate are teamwork, following rules, accuracy, good report writing etc - depends slightly on each role you apply for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending