The Student Room Group

Is it anti semetic to think that jews have too much power?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Yes but you;re talking about some kind of explicit conspiracy to advance Jewish interests, which is the stuff of fantasy. But there are cultural biases among Jews that may basically mean that they naturally find themselves 'pulling in the same direction' to shape the world in a way which they approve of.

There are numerous examples. Jews heavily vote Left wing in elections, which is astounding when you consider their income. Many put this down to some kind of unique Jewish altruism(Chosen People stuff) but perhaps Jews are put off by the right's nationalism? Jews do seem to be ultra-internationalist in outlook generally and that is probably a cultural legacy of their 'outsider' status in Europe over the centuries.

Do Jews feel comfortable with the idea of Christianity and conservatism being the dominant moral forces? Probably not, and for obvious reasons. Historically these are forces to be feared and resented.

You could expand on any number of issues. But the general conclusion must be that if someone were to point out that Jews were heavily involved in the Communist movement in the early 20th century, heavily involved in the counter-culture movements of the 1960s etc etc they are not necessarily Neo-Nazi nutcases but rational people trying to understand a very clear trend.

So as I say, there need not be any conspiracy for a group to work in tandem, each working on their individual ambitions.

The political bias of Jews in western countries has changed, many more are right-leaning than they used to be. In the US, almost a third of Jews voted for Romney in the last election. Admittedly there is still a left-leaning majority, but it isn't as definitive as it once was.
Original post by Cornelius
I'd venture to say that a huge number of those Jews are secular - given the large % of Jews in the US who are atheist/agnostic. Especially at the higher levels.

Jewish people are an ethnic group. They can be religious or non religious. But, the culture is shaped by the ethno-supremacism of their religion.

Either Jews are ethnic nepotists, or they are the superior race. You tell me what one seems more likely?
Original post by Ashnard
You honestly think that scientists think like you do? You honestly think that geniuses who are busy uncovering the deepest and darkest secrets of the universe care about such petty things as religion/ethnicity? You have absolutely no idea.
Yes I know many Scientists my second degree was a Science degree.
They are human and prone to all the same petty jealousy and faults every other human is, the list of Racist/sexist/homophobic/politically active prominent , famous Scientists is as long as my arm.

You don't become a faultless angel because you pull on a lab coat or are exceptionally gifted/intelligent in a certain field.
Original post by imtelling
You mean the Nobel committee is just as unbiased as the Oscar's committee??

Film is not comparable to science. Science is either objectively good or objectively bad. The same cannot be said for film. The idea that a mediocre Jewish scientist could be awarded above a talented non-Jewish scientists is absurd. Even if somebody attempted this they could not achieve this as the means of judging science is almost entirely objective.

Edit: Grammar
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
Not really, if it's true. It is borderline anti Semitic to even think about it though...
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If you were part of a community, religious group or race that had been the subject of a fairly recent deliberate attempt to exterminate your entire people and were still the subject of hate, conspiratorial bull**** and random attacks, would you be openly trusting of the other people?

Are you aware that in the UK and in much of the western world, most Jews are now assimilated and do not declare their Jewish identity, nor do they go to synagogues or belong to Jewish organisations. Given this, how do you suppose they operate the global conspiracy of Jews?

Probably not and it is perhaps understandable even. But is it then comforting to know that an influential section of the population consciously see their interests as irreconcilably opposed to the rest?

Of course this is true, and I do not believe in any conspiracy or anything like that. For historical reasons Jews tend to be ultra-internationalist in outlook and often distrustful of the very existence of nation-states. I think it is true that Jews have certain unique cultural biases. I do not believe that is for no reason that American Jews are heavily left wing for instance.
Original post by Ashnard

I think that would go some way to explaining their "over-representation" in academia. However, even factoring this in I don't think that it would account for the number of Nobel prizes won, which represent the absolute creme de la creme of their disciplines i.e. the geniuses who go further than anybody else.

It wouldn't account either for their pre-eminence in particular fields like quantum theory in the 1900s-1950s, as chess grandmasters, or for precocious talent of someobody like John von Neumann

People who achieve great things in particular academic or cultural disciplines typically have key drivers in their childhood, including the presence of inspiring role models, a disciplined, hard-working, results-driven family home, parents, grandparents or near relatives who share the cultural or academic interest and a determination by the relatives to ensure the success of the child in the chosen field. Put these together with an intelligent child brought up in a questioning, intellectual atmosphere and that makes for a huge head start in unusual and high achievement.

Evidently at least some Jewish households acted in those ways towards their children, not least by holding out the expectation to them of high goals.

Class also plays a big part. You picked Von Neumann as an example - his father was a wealthy banker. The bright children of wealthy families often excel in their chosen fields. There are millions of Jews from poorer homes who do not make such a splash on the world scene.
Original post by imtelling
Jewish people are an ethnic group. They can be religious or non religious. But, the culture is shaped by the ethno-supremacism of their religion.

Either Jews are ethnic nepotists, or they are the superior race. You tell me what one seems more likely?

You referred to their religion, not their ethnicity. And a good deal of secular Jews identify, I'd guess, as American. If they grew up in a secular household in America (which is very likely), they are far more likely to identify as Americans and, also, they are likely to know little if anything at all about Jewish culture. This propensity to assimilate is very common for most ethnic groups in the US - especially those which are more atheistic/agnostic (Jews being at the top I think)
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Yes I know many Scientists my second degree was a Science degree.
They are human and prone to all the same petty jealousy and faults every other human is, the list of Racist/sexist/homophobic/politically active prominent , famous Scientists is as long as my arm.

You don't become a faultless angel because you pull on a lab coat or are exceptionally gifted/intelligent in a certain field.

This is true, but in my experience these traits are more characteristic of mediocrities in the field rather than the brilliant scientists. Regadless of this, the notion of an inferior Jewish scientist being elevated above a superior non-Jewish scientist is absurd because one's worth as a scientist is judged almost solely by the research articles they produce, which in turn is judged upon objective criteria.

Even if there war a nefarious cabal of tribalistic Jews in science, what you proposed could not happen because any other non- Jewish scientists would be able to demonstrate almost unequivocally that foul play was at hand.
The political bias of Jews in western countries has changed, many more are right-leaning than they used to be. In the US, almost a third of Jews voted for Romney in the last election. Admittedly there is still a left-leaning majority, but it isn't as definitive as it once was.

I must wonder how many of these were won over by Romney's Israeli policy. And even still, Jewish people seem to have a heavy cultural slant towards the left, completely unlike other groups. I think it is perfectly explainable for historical reasons. In effect it is quite rare to meet someone of a Jewish background who does not have anti-tradition, anti-conservative bias. So when people notice for example that the Communist revolutions of the last century were disproportionately Jewish supported, nutcases get ridiculous fantasies into their heads about conspiracies instead of just accepting that Jews as individuals may have a different bias about how society ought to be.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Yes but you;re talking about some kind of explicit conspiracy to advance Jewish interests, which is the stuff of fantasy. But there are cultural biases among Jews that may basically mean that they naturally find themselves 'pulling in the same direction' to shape the world in a way which they approve of.

There are numerous examples. Jews heavily vote Left wing in elections, which is astounding when you consider their income. Many put this down to some kind of unique Jewish altruism(Chosen People stuff) but perhaps Jews are put off by the right's nationalism? Jews do seem to be ultra-internationalist in outlook generally and that is probably a cultural legacy of their 'outsider' status in Europe over the centuries.

Do Jews feel comfortable with the idea of Christianity and conservatism being the dominant moral forces? Probably not, and for obvious reasons. Historically these are forces to be feared and resented.

You could expand on any number of issues. But the general conclusion must be that if someone were to point out that Jews were heavily involved in the Communist movement in the early 20th century, heavily involved in the counter-culture movements of the 1960s etc etc they are not necessarily Neo-Nazi nutcases but rational people trying to understand a very clear trend.

So as I say, there need not be any conspiracy for a group to work in tandem, each working on their individual ambitions.

The left wing thing is very interesting tbh, in America for example around 50% of Jews marry out so I find it hard to think very many of them 'act Jewish' and by that I mean act in a way which is somehow supposed to advance Jewish interests or which is insular.

Again for Christianity this is something I perhaps have noticed, but at the same time the most extreme haters of Christianity I have ever come across, are Atheists of Christian background.

Again I think the Communist thing is very exaggerated, a while back I had a debate with someone on Stormfront (I am not lying, but I can't be bothered to find the link) where I found the ethnic background of people in the Russian Bolshevik faction and Jews were only very slightly over-represented, but much less so than that majority non-Russian gentile groups. It just seemed to me that anyone who felt persecuted felt that perhaps this group would represent them better.

and y'know and I can slightly see why someone would wonder about these things but I have to ask why the Jews in particular are singled out. Nobody obsesses over why Indians are often so dominant in Silicon Valley and in fact computing in general or why the Irish make such great writers, in fact this is a trend I have noticed, the most rabid leftists I have known have in fact generally been of celtic ancestry
Reply 51
Er, no, they don't.

World's biggest media corporations? News Corp - owner, Rupert Murdoch. Definitely not a Jew. Time Warner, Viacom, etc? All stock-quoted corporations with no specific family ownership.

Money? What do you mean exactly? The richest people on earth are in the Gulf states. Are they Jewish?

Politics? What an absurd point. I take it you mean Israel is defended by the US. There are strategic reasons for that, even if there was no Jewish lobby in the US, but Israel is also accepted by most of the Arab world governments, even if not by the Arab street.

Rupert Murdoch has a Jewish roots. Founder and Executive Chairman of Viacom is a Jew. Lets have a look at the assets of Walt Disney and Fox alone.

Money? Do I need to address this? O.o

Politics? Well they have got away with a lot, on top of that being the highest receiver of foreign aid from the US.
(edited 9 years ago)
People who achieve great things in particular academic or cultural disciplines typically have key drivers in their childhood, including the presence of inspiring role models, a disciplined, hard-working, results-driven family home, parents, grandparents or near relatives who share the cultural or academic interest and a determination by the relatives to ensure the success of the child in the chosen field. Put these together with an intelligent child brought up in a questioning, intellectual atmosphere and that makes for a huge head start in unusual and high achievement.

Evidently at least some Jewish households acted in those ways towards their children, not least by holding out the expectation to them of high goals.

Class also plays a big part. You picked Von Neumann as an example - his father was a wealthy banker. The bright children of wealthy families often excel in their chosen fields. There are millions of Jews from poorer homes who do not make such a splash on the world scene.

Most of what you say is generally true. Both the environment and genetics have a role to play and I do not dispute this.

However, I used the example of von Neumann for a good reason, and that was for his precocious ability (i.e. he was a child prodigy). For example, at the age of 6 he was able to divide two eight-digit numbers in his head. He also had a photographic memory. Such abilities cannot be taught. No amount of money or education can make a six-year-old child divide these numbers in their head. I mentioned the game of chess for a similar reason -- to succeed requires raw intelligence and the benefit of having a banker as a Dad would be less than for fields like Physics or History. A good education can take somebody only so far. It accounts well for doctors, lawyers, and architects, but for chess grandmasters, Nobel prize-winners, and child prodigies less so.
(edited 9 years ago)
****ing hell

>Whites have too much power
>Males have too much power
>Jews have too much power

This can keep going on and on and on. I'd personally blame it on nepotism and hard work.
Original post by yo radical one
The left wing thing is very interesting tbh, in America for example around 50% of Jews marry out so I find it hard to think very many of them 'act Jewish' and by that I mean act in a way which is somehow supposed to advance Jewish interests or which is insular.

Again I think the Communist thing is very exaggerated, a while back I had a debate with someone on Stormfront (I am not lying, but I can't be bothered to find the link) where I found the ethnic background of people in the Russian Bolshevik faction and Jews were only very slightly over-represented, but much less so than that majority non-Russian gentile groups. It just seemed to me that anyone who felt persecuted felt that perhaps this group would represent them better.

and y'know and I can slightly see why someone would wonder about these things but I have to ask why the Jews in particular are singled out. Nobody obsesses over why Indians are often so dominant in Silicon Valley and in fact computing in general or why the Irish make such great writers, in fact this is a trend I have noticed, the most rabid leftists I have known have in fact generally been of celtic ancestry

Not saying Jews 'hate' Christianity. Just that to many, the very idea of conservatism seems to run against their group cultural background as threatened outsiders. There is no explicit Jewish interest, there is just unconcious individual bias for/against certain things that happens to be widespread. People then try to string this together as a ridiculous conspiracy.

I'm going to have to disagree. To say that the Communist movement was heavily in vogue with Jews is to make a factual observation. The Economist wrote an interesting piece on one of their blogs last year on the subject which took the line ''Well yes Jews were attracted to the movement, why wouldnt they be?''. I think that line of reasoning will root out conspiracy theories much quicker than dismissing something which clearly is there. The revolutionaries in Germany/Hungary after WW1 were unique in that there was hardly a gentile leader among them. You can say the same for the counter-culture of the 1960s. When the majority of the figures in that movement are Jewish, you are only going to fan the flames of a secret conspiracy by not discussing it honestly, playing into the hands of nutcases on stormfront actually. There are rational and reasonable explanations, put them out there.

I agree fully. There is no reason why Jewish cultural nuances should be any more interesting that those of the Irish, or the Eskimos. But if people wish to discuss them, then let us do so. Many who wish to are anti-semetic no doubt, but that is not solved by aversion of their accusations.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Truths
Rupert Murdoch has a Jewish roots. Founder and Executive Chairman of Viacom is a Jew. Lets have a look at the assets of Walt Disney and Fox alone.

Money? Do I need to address this? O.o

Politics? Well they have got away with a lot, on top of that being the highest receiver of foreign aid from the US.

Proof or it didn't happen
It is not anti-Semitic to suggest that Judaism has too much power, but it is anti-Semitic to suggest that Jews have too much power. Cultural groups don't have power; individuals do.
Reply 57
Original post by Cornelius
Proof or it didn't happen

Let me google that for you.
Reply 58
Judaism isn't the issue. Jews are not the issue. Zionism & Zionists are the issue.

Source: JEWWATCH.COM

Gtfo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending