The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Weirdly enough, I find the 'hot' women.. well, totally unattractive.

The 'pretty' girls though. Oh man. They're making my life feel empty.
Original post by SophiaLDN
So you're not attractive because of what men think? Wrong, there are many men who think she is attractive and many who dont. Beauty is subjective. Overall, she is beautiful. Hair isnt what makes you attractive or not. So Megan Fox with a buzz cut would make her ugly? Doesn't Miley look better with shorter shaved hair than she ever did with long? Amber Rose looks attractive with no hair rather than long hair. Again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you think might be unattractive isnt the status quo nor is it for a man to dictate what is beautiful and what isnt.

The world does have a European standard of beauty. No, this doesn't mean its a white or black thing *sigh*.

personally im into long hair on a woman so i personally prefer the women you quoted when they had long hair. some guys dont. like you said, its subjective. though i do think that on the whole men define what is sexually attractive in a woman. yes there are many other and (imo) more important forms of beauty but when someone calls someone beautiful there is usually a sexual undertone, and i think men define in that case yes, as women do for what handsome is.
ahh ok i thought thats what you were implying. sorry. but why does the world have a european standard? I dont personally see any evidence of that when for example kim kardashian is more famous for being beautiful than paris hilton.
also what does European mean? meditarranean ppl look closer to arabs than to scandinavians on average (and i personally find the former more attractive).
Original post by Maid Marian
That first rugged guy picture is a little .. revealing :gasp:

I know right! jaysus hes half man half bear it seems!

defo pretty gurls..

then the beautiful kind..

and least and of course least zee hot gurls
Somerhalder belongs in the rugged category.
Rugged guy. Pretty girl.
Twink guy with hot girl. :smile:
Original post by The Assassin
Somerhalder belongs in the rugged category.

Lol

the guy is a pussy.
You should've seen him in Lost before he landed Vampire diaries. He's also aging quite badly.
Original post by dire wolf
I've seen better looking black girls at the University of Luton.

Bull****.

She's a got great eyes, lips and skin. She is gorgeous. She's got more grace than Kate middleton and the Queen combined. A true beauty.
Original post by Harrie Lyons
personally im into long hair on a woman so i personally prefer the women you quoted when they had long hair. some guys dont. like you said, its subjective. though i do think that on the whole men define what is sexually attractive in a woman. yes there are many other and (imo) more important forms of beauty but when someone calls someone beautiful there is usually a sexual undertone, and i think men define in that case yes, as women do for what handsome is.
ahh ok i thought thats what you were implying. sorry. but why does the world have a european standard? I dont personally see any evidence of that when for example kim kardashian is more famous for being beautiful than paris hilton.
also what does European mean? meditarranean ppl look closer to arabs than to scandinavians on average (and i personally find the former more attractive).

Well again, thats up to you. I think some people look better with short hair and some do with long hair. Like guys, some suit beards and some dont. Not really, you dont have to be sexually attracted to someone to find them beautiful. There are plenty of beautiful or goodlooking people that you're not sexually attracted to. What im saying is that men arent the commanders for what is beautiful or not. So if every woman says someone is gorgeous but men don't think so, does that mean they arent? I dont think women do for men either.

No I wasnt implying that at all. Its ok. But it really does, in many different countries and cultures e.g asia lighter white skin, small noses etc is seen as the ideal and equates to beauty. 'The whiter you are the prettier you are'. Basically typically White European features. Im surprised you've not come across this concept as its pretty well known.
Original post by Champagning
Oh, that makes sense. She shows up later :tongue:

There's also a girl called Katherine, who is also played by Nina Dobrev but has a different style to Elena (more bad-girl ish; she does actually look like a different character) :biggrin:

Aah

Yea I've seen Katherine!
Reply 69
Anyone except somerhalder or the rugged guys does absolutely zilch for me!! :tongue:

I honestly can't see how anyone would be really attracted to the "cute" guys!! :s-smilie:
I voted rugged, but I wouldn't say I find the guys in the pictures particularly attractive.

Ian Somerhalder on the other hand :colone:
pretty, cute and beautiful are all words I would describe girls I find attractive the same one in fact. They are either hot or not I don't put them into lots of categories
hot/sexy girls are nice but id marry a beautiful/cute girl
Beautiful girls.

Also, one of the rugged guys is naked, you can see his pubic hair :s-smilie:
I personally like pretty girls. :smile: They're the ones I've felt most comfortable with. Both my ex girlfriends were pretty - and I always got the feeling that they're my best friend in the world :biggrin:

Beautiful girls are slightly off-putting as they can potentially come across a bit vain.
Hot girls are slightly intimidating (probably because I wouldn't measure up to their hotness!) and can come across a bit stuck up.

Me personally, I'm definitely not rugged. I don't think I'm cute and I've only very rarely been called that.
So, only chance I have is being in the "handsome" category ..... thankfully my ex gf did say that I was handsome when I made an effort :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Am I the only one that finds 'Hot' girls incredibly unattractive? They look so fake...
Handsome guys, followed by cute. Can't stand "rugged"
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Handsome guys, followed by cute. Can't stand "rugged"

I don't think the rugged ones are very well chosen tbf to the rugged guys :lol:
Reply 78
I just like faces. That's the first thing I look at on a girl so I suppose I fall into pretty/beautiful rather than hot which sort of infers a greater focus on the body.

Latest