The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Lol what exactly have you based this opinion on? His cameo against Reading in the cup last season & his goal against WBA in the COC? He's never been able to truly get to grips with U21 level so there isn't much to suggest he could make the step up. Reality is, if he was as good as some are saying he would be in the first team. Why was Cesc being played at the age of 16 for us? Because he was awesome. Eisfeld can't even get near a midfield with Arteta, Flamini and perma crock Diaby.

The fact of the matter is, Eisfeld is not good enough to play for The Arsenal, so there is no point crying over spilt milk, say your goodbyes, part company and move on.

We are in a position now we're we don't need to be pinning our hopes on the next best thing, the bar has now risen and Eisfeld doesn't make it, cut the dramatics and move on, he has.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much agree with all of this. People were upset when players like Merida and Henderson were let go. Looking back it was definitely the right choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Realistically how much is Ramsey worth right now?

In today's transfer market I would say a minimum of £40M.
Original post by baconbutty
That doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at city if we aren't competitive especially if wenger leaves and he feels he doesn't owe us anything

I don't see him ever playing for barca. Madrid is a possibility though if he stays consistent

I actually agree with you this time. The treatment Arsenal fans give their manager and player will eventually turn them away. Jack Wilshere basically said he'd leave if Wenger left as well. They're all snakes at the end of the day
Reply 1483
Original post by little_tom

I'd agree around 40m tbh not so sure about minimum though but compared to other transfers (i.e rodriguez) he should be near 70

really don't know how to comprehend a 50m Luiz transfer
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Realistically how much is Ramsey worth right now?

On his showing last season, he's a £50m player given his Britishness and age. Easily.

When Joe Allen went for £15m and Luke Shaw for £30m then he has to be.
If he has the same season as last year, but without the injuries, in the summer of 2015 he'd be worth 60-70m. Iniesta replacement at Barca
Reply 1486
Original post by sevchenko
I actually agree with you this time. The treatment Arsenal fans give their manager and player will eventually turn them away. Jack Wilshere basically said he'd leave if Wenger left as well. They're all snakes at the end of the day

Who are the snakes. The fans or the players? It's not really snaking it if we're the ones who treat them like **** in the first place
He's also a good looking guy, very marketable.
That doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at city if we aren't competitive especially if wenger leaves and he feels he doesn't owe us anything

I don't see him ever playing for barca. Madrid is a possibility though if he stays consistent

Ramsey really doesnt owe the club anything, Arsene Wenger he owes much to however.

Wenger will retire in 2017 and I think it will come down to how much he's won, and thinks he will win then. Seems like he'd fancy going abroad if AFC havent made progress. Dont think AFC fans would hold it against him at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Ramsey really doesnt owe the club anything, Arsene Wenger he owes much to however.

Wenger will retire in 2017 and I think it will come down to how much he's won, and thinks he will win then. Seems like he'd fancy going abroad if AFC havent made progress. Dont think AFC fans would hold it against him at all.

Well, AFC won't have made progress because of Arsene
Original post by All falls dowwn
Well, AFC won't have made progress because of Arsene

Use your brain. Wenger brought the club to this point in a very calculated way, these days we've moved into a position of being able to compete for the top players and that's because of Wenger. Obviously rival fans will point to the trophyless period as evidence of some kind of decline, but I think deep down they know that it was a means to an end and that Wenger did a fantastic job.
Original post by Zürich
Use your brain. Wenger brought the club to this point in a very calculated way, these days we've moved into a position of being able to compete for the top players and that's because of Wenger. Obviously rival fans will point to the trophyless period as evidence of some kind of decline, but I think deep down they know that it was a means to an end and that Wenger did a fantastic job.

Hehe Zurich we always have this debate, can't be bothered to have it again

Wenger deserves some credit for changing from his endless stubbornness and buying Sanchez, though we'll see how that translates onto the field
"I have unfinished business at Arsenal first but maybe one day, when the time is right, I'd fancy that. One of those two teams is quite mouthwatering," Ramsey said.

"when the time is right" basically translates to "when Wenger retires"
Hehe Zurich we always have this debate, can't be bothered to have it again

Wenger deserves some credit for changing from his endless stubbornness and buying Sanchez, though we'll see how that translates onto the field

Wenger 1996-2006=Wenger 2013-

Back to the future at AFC.
Which is the mouth watering team
Which is the mouth watering team

aint arsenal thats for sure
aint arsenal thats for sure

We aren't Madrid/Barcelona but we're certainly a bigger brand than Liverpool atm. Not even up for a debate.
We aren't Madrid/Barcelona but we're certainly a bigger brand than Liverpool atm. Not even up for a debate.

Here's that complex coming out again.

Tom and Zurich drag up Liverpool whenever possible loool
If I was Ramsey id be itchin for a move to real I don't think they pay their players that well do they though unless it's the galacticos

Are you having a laugh? Until Arsenal win the Champions League or Premier League, Ramsey won't get recognised. He may well be worth £40m to English clubs, but not to teams like Bayern and Barca/Real. He's worth £30m to me, he's injury prone as well.

EDIT: He basically needs to carry his form early last season, throughout the whole season to get recognised by the big clubs.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest