The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Moving from Ireland?

Hi, I am moving over from Ireland to Manchester and I was wondering if there was anyone else?
Reply 1
Not really coming from Ireland but I have moved over from Dublin to study my A Levels!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
What do you think of manchester? Good nightlife?
Reply 3
Yeah I am! Where bouts you coming from??
Reply 4
Armagh, were you coming from?
Reply 5
Down! Just outside belfast, what halls you staying in?
Original post by andygh
Not really coming from Ireland but I have moved over from Dublin to study my A Levels!

Did you not like the LC? Dublin has a place where you can study A levels as well.
Reply 7
Not staying in halls, getting a flat.. what you studying?
Reply 8
Where abouts is your flat? Far from campus? Law wbu?
Reply 9
Ive been looking at a few different flats going over in August to view some, my campus is in Cheshire but living in Manchester city centre so its about half in hour on the train.. studying childhood and youth studies with early years, quite excited but nervous at the same time, do you know anyone over there?
Reply 10
Ahh I see! You'll enjoy it more in Manchester! I know a few people over at the minute. And some people who went to Chester but moved to Manchester because they thought Chester was boring. So good choice. Wbu know anyone?
Reply 11
Well my boyfriend is moving over too so other than that we dont know anyone. Yeah I heard Chester was a bit boring so dont really want to live there lol should be good craic :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by AlexKay99
Did you not like the LC? Dublin has a place where you can study A levels as well.

It's more that my family moved over and I didn't have much of a choice.
Original post by andygh
It's more that my family moved over and I didn't have much of a choice.

Oh, did you do the JC? How are you finding the a levels, is there a difference between Irish and English education/exams?
Reply 14
Original post by AlexKay99
Oh, did you do the JC? How are you finding the a levels, is there a difference between Irish and English education/exams?

I had moved here before taking my GCSEs so I hadn't done the JC. From what my parents have said about the differences between the two, they find GCSEs to be a lot fairer to kids but I can't really say much about that.

I wouldn't say there isn't any big difference in course content but the way in which exams are structured in the UK is far more favourable to the ones back home and a so I'm a bit lucky in that respect.
Original post by celine267
Ive been looking at a few different flats going over in August to view some, my campus is in Cheshire but living in Manchester city centre so its about half in hour on the train.. studying childhood and youth studies with early years, quite excited but nervous at the same time, do you know anyone over there?

Hi I'm from ireland too and the course I'm applying for is in cheshire but I The course I'm applying for is in the cheshire campus but I Don't like the thought of been situated away from all the nightlife etc, just wondering was it too much hassle traveling up for classes on the train or was it ok?
Original post by celine267
Hi, I am moving over from Ireland to Manchester and I was wondering if there was anyone else?

Im moving from Isle of Man to Manchester :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending