The Student Room Group

Do you ever have sexy thoughts about female friends?

Scroll to see replies

Almost every male does, unless they don't find them attractive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippity.doodah
well that makes no sense - why wouldn't you instinctively look for sex/relations in an attractive female friend? I'm not saying you actively *want* to ruin a friendship, but come on, the feelings will exist if you have a friendship with them like you do with your male friends if they don't fall under those exceptions

Because I am past the point where I am sexually attracted to every attractive woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Because I am past the point where I am sexually attracted to every attractive woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what other kind of attractiveness is there to you other sexual attractiveness? :s-smilie:
what other kind of attractiveness is there to you other sexual attractiveness? :s-smilie:

Such a tsr post :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Such a tsr post :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

honestly! I want to know :tongue:
honestly! I want to know :tongue:

I know that some girls are attractive even though I have no interest in sleeping with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that some girls are attractive even though I have no interest in sleeping with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why wouldn't you want to have sex with an attractive girl? I'm serious - I'm confused about how you're feeling :lol: if you're saying she makes you think she's attractive on account of her hetero-effect on you, what about her makes sex looks negative to you?
why wouldn't you want to have sex with an attractive girl? I'm serious - I'm confused about how you're feeling :lol: if you're saying she makes you think she's attractive on account of her hetero-effect on you, what about her makes sex looks negative to you?

I imagine once you've had sex enough you'll understand the feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine once you've had sex enough you'll understand the feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smug: you can't tell me.
:smug: you can't tell me.

It basically boils down to the fact that the novelty of sex wears off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It basically boils down to the fact that the novelty of sex wears off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smug:
Reply 51
Original post by pshah2
Met a few girls on my course and at work. They keep cropping up into fantasies during my summer daydreams...

Is this normal?

Do guys tend to fantasise about their girl friends?

For me, it has become like respiration or cellular growth. Something so commonplace and automatic that I barely notice it any more.

I did mention the exceptions, well there are more than I already said, so I'll list them all:
1) ugly girls
2) family members
3) a friend's girlfriend
4) a lesbian
5) a girlfriend's female friends

Apart from the family members, none of those categories escape my scrutiny.
lol let's be honest, fellas, the only female friends we have are the ones we want to end up ****ing one day, when they open themselves to it, unless they aren't somewhat attractive.
and girls, you should be extremely suspicous if you are attractive and a keen male friend of yours is calling you "a good friend~" because men's form of friendship with their heterosexuality is called "attraction". of course, to males, this attraction would be completely inert because there's no instinct of ****ing that person...
obviously girls are usually the fussier gender with regards to sex, which makes them different to guys, because really, we'll **** pretty much anybody we find "somewhat attractive"...we're not fussy at all.

Please speak for yourself. I think you think you know more about what goes through other people's minds than you really do.
Original post by ApeMob
Isn't it weird to fantasize about someone you know. Kinda take the fantasy out of it. Too close for comfort :afraid: I'd be str8 up awks around a guy if he told me he did that.

No way, celebrities etc are practically aliens, it's just so far removed from reality it's impossible to suspend disbelief enough to fancy them. I expect you will know a girl who has slept with at least a minor celebrity but just you try finding a boy who has done the same.

Men are not hypergamous and therefore like to fantasise about girls for whom they are at least a candidate for dominant male. For that relationship to exist that that means they have to be part of the same tribe as you (friendship or acquaintance group).

Obviously it's nothing like that black and white in real life but it sounds like a very good reason for why men tend towards the friends rather than celebrities end of the scale.
Reply 54
Original post by scrotgrot
No way, celebrities etc are practically aliens, it's just so far removed from reality it's impossible to suspend disbelief enough to fancy them. I expect you will know a girl who has slept with at least a minor celebrity but just you try finding a boy who has done the same.

Men are not hypergamous and therefore like to fantasise about girls for whom they are at least a candidate for dominant male. For that relationship to exist that that means they have to be part of the same tribe as you (friendship or acquaintance group).

Obviously it's nothing like that black and white in real life but it sounds like a very good reason for why men tend towards the friends rather than celebrities end of the scale.

Well this makes me very uncomfortable now. lol I'm no prude but it's just I've had nasty surprises from male acquaintances. It makes you question people you don't want to question knowing this.
Original post by ApeMob
Well this makes me very uncomfortable now. lol I'm no prude but it's just I've had nasty surprises from male acquaintances. It makes you question people you don't want to question knowing this.

I get that it feels weird and creepy but it really is a compliment more than anything else :smile: don't be afraid of male sexuality, they haven't done anything wrong.

I will say that with close female friends with whom you might have heart-to-hearts they are not sexy at all, I expect they come more under the sister category. I think what I said applies more to peripheral friends and acquaintances where really the friendship is probably more about latent attraction than anything else.

Btw I think they were morons for telling you haha. They should know that a girl is going to find that creepy. I expect if it were the other way round they themselves would probably just laugh it off and take an ego boost from it and they probably thought you'd feel the same.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 56
No and it's Ramadhan. :lolwut:
Always.

No harm in it as long as YOU are normal.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Please speak for yourself. I think you think you know more about what goes through other people's minds than you really do.

there was a scientific study that confirmed that men very rarely see their female friends as just friends, actually.
there was a scientific study that confirmed that men very rarely see their female friends as just friends, actually.

Citations or it never happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending