The Student Room Group

Mothers who deny fathers access to the couple’s children could be jailed

Scroll to see replies

This is one of the laws that should have been made a long time ago. Too many divorced parents only see revenge on their ex-partner, and fail to consider the children's best interests.
Having read through the above I suggest you have no idea what you are talking about till you are actually in that situation. My now ex husband seems a perfect man, a doctor no less unless you lived with him and he became manipulative, dictatorial, verbally abusive and in my case typically Nigerian despite being born in England! I have no desire for my son to ever be like that hence he doesn't see him!
Original post by Julestarka
Having read through the above I suggest you have no idea what you are talking about till you are actually in that situation. My now ex husband seems a perfect man, a doctor no less unless you lived with him and he became manipulative, dictatorial, verbally abusive and in my case typically Nigerian despite being born in England! I have no desire for my son to ever be like that hence he doesn't see him!

Sorry but that's meaningless. You may very well have good reasons for keeping your child from his father. But many don't and you think you should have the unilateral power to decide who gets custody because why? Because you're female?

The courts device because we can't just decide that mother knows best as some sorry of maxim.
(edited 9 years ago)
"Mothers who deny fathers access to the couple’s children could be jailed"

Cue a steep rise in the number of women using what Canadian divorce lawyers call
'The silver bullet' A false accusation of physical or even better sexual abuse of either her or the child.

Have a day off FFS. The man may have been an arse towards you and you may both no longer wish to be with one another and therefore hold strong opinions against one another but that does not give you the right to deny access to his child.

If you thought this guy was such maybe you should have waited before having a child with him.

Just because it didn't work out with you it does not mean he won't make an excellent father. ****ing disgusting in the modern world people of both genders think its acceptable to deny children rights due to their own personal battles.

If a court after evidence is put forward states he is not fit to be a father and is denied access then fine but this ruling here will not alter this arrangement at all.
a start
Good decision

And he probably also thought you were manipulative, dictatorial, verbally abusive, nagging and a emotional blackmailer....

What a stupid post.

So if a mother decides she doesn't like the father any more (which after a divorce is not unlikely), she should just be able to stop him seeing the children?
Reply 29
This will never happen. It might make it to statute, but unless the mother is wholly unsuitable in the first place (to the extent that she would not have an occupation order from the start), there is no way a family court will imprison a mother like this. A simple calculation will be made over the potential harm to the child, and the mother will not be incarcerated. It's as simple as that.

In almost all cases, the interests of the child and the interests of the mother coincide.

Look at the history of matrimonial and child law in England, and then with a straight face tell me that this is realistic.

Women who have tortured and abused their (ex)husbands don't get put in prison, it's a struggle to not give them a large settlement. A woman who tried to persuade her husband to commit suicide so that she could inherit from him, was later awarded a settlement upon their subsequent divorce, it was all the court could do to say that she had behaved badly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Tyraell
I hate the term "broken home"

When I first read this it made me frown, but thinking about it I actually agree. By saying 'broken' you're insinuating that the family is dysfunctional and will only work by getting back together, but divorce can often be in a child and family's better interest if the parents have such a bad relationship that it impedes on their children's wellbeing.

And who's to say that any family, whether there is one parent, two parents of the same gender, or a family that shares custody, is broken?
Original post by Clip
This will never happen. It might make it to statute, but unless the mother is wholly unsuitable in the first place (to the extent that she would not have an occupation order from the start), there is no way a family court will imprison a mother like this. A simple calculation will be made over the potential harm to the child, and the mother will not be incarcerated. It's as simple as that.

In almost all cases, the interests of the child and the interests of the mother coincide.

Also, dunno why the jail things such a big deal, it's a court order, breach has been contempt for donkeys so far as I know.
My girls my baby girls have found me . I looked for fifteen years for them I never gave up , my ex got married six month after we split up changed there name and brought them up with him as there father I had no chance of finding them eventually they was told the truth and surched for me fifteen years my god we have lost a life time now they want to live with me I wonder why peace
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Brilliant. The mind absolutely boggles at the women who deny WILLING AND ABLE fathers to their kids, when the world is crying out for good parents!

Well put. Fathers have an equally important role to play in a child's upbringing and both parents should ensure the interests of their child is the priority.
Original post by Gjaykay
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158490/Mothers-deny-fathers-access-couple-s-children-break-jailed.html

This is a good thing, which is getting us nearer to real equality. What do you guys think?

2 yrs old post. Still struggling to see this happen based on people I know and see who beg to see their kids and the mum is like no for no reason!
Original post by Aceadria
Well put. Fathers have an equally important role to play in a child's upbringing and both parents should ensure the interests of their child is the priority.

2 yrs old post mate. Lad above you bumped.
Original post by 0to100
2 yrs old post mate. Lad above you bumped.

:facepalm:
Original post by Aceadria
:facepalm:

Yea I hate when they do that lool in any event I agree with you haha
but women don't want the father sometimes, to claim more benefits. It's wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending