The Student Room Group

Why does TSR allow racism?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have also wondered this and I have to say I believe a few of the mods to be prejudice to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
I have also wondered this and I have to say I believe a few of the mods to be prejudice to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you'd care to back this statement up with evidence in Ask A Section Leader, that'd be greeeat.
Reply 42
Original post by Mad Vlad
If you'd care to back this statement up with evidence in Ask A Section Leader, that'd be greeeat.

it would wouldn't it, but unfortunately I didn't say it was fact I said I believe; if you would like to know why I have these beliefs then thats a question you need to ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
so people are allowed to create racist threads, but i cant create a racially defensive post without getting a warning... um okay. Mods on here are stupid and up their own arses thinking they own the place.
I called Islam stupid and it got edited in under one hour lol

I only joined yesterday but have not seen that much racism at all tbh :smile:
Original post by Afghan Warrior
so people are allowed to create racist threads, but i cant create a racially defensive post without getting a warning... um okay. Mods on here are stupid and up their own arses thinking they own the place.

How about you read the thread? I said in the very first post on here after the OP that we don't allow racist threads.
Original post by usycool1
How about you read the thread? I said in the very first post on here after the OP that we don't allow racist threads.

How about you let me pray fajr and get on with life.
How about you let me pray fajr and get on with life.

Why waste your time calling us "stupid" then? You should have been having suhoor then or something.
Reply 48
There's no non-white mods either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never knew I wasn't "non-white", but thanks for letting me know. :tongue:
Why waste your time calling us "stupid" then? You should have been having suhoor then or something.

You're really going to take an online comment to heart? Man up bro.
Reply 51

you're just a front man like the black guy on the BNP posters lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're really going to take an online comment to heart? Man up bro.

I never said I took it to heart! :tongue: It just annoyed me a little that people on here think we allow racism...as someone who's been on the receiving end of it the past many times, it just wasn't nice being told that we don't care or being told that we're stupid for that. It doesn't matter whether it's online or not, words can have an effect sometimes. :sadnod:

Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut: :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 53
I never said I took it to heart! :tongue: It just annoyed me a little that people on here think we allow racism...as someone who's been on the receiving end of it the past many times, it just wasn't nice being told that we don't care or being told that we're stupid for that. It doesn't matter whether it's online or not, words can have an effect sometimes. :sadnod:

Anyway, I'm sorry for snapping at you in my previous posts.

:lolwut: :tongue:

tbh you should be fighting for us minorities like Nelson Mandela.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always cringe when I hear people crying for tighter moderation on any online platform it's like hello are you new to the internet?

It's a pity you can't ask someone to moderate your IRL. :lol:
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahaha.. this is gold!
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****. I've woken up and I've turned brown....

Same :tongue: There was also a black mod until he left the mod team
Original post by Champagning
It's actually downright ridiculous how many racist threads/posts I see on this forum.

Quite frankly, the "anti-hate speech" thing in the rules seems to be a load of rubbish, because there are also a billion anti-woman threads on here every day, which seem to be made by the same people with multiple accounts which I presume is also against the rules.

Now, AFAIK the Student Room is meant to be a student site and not some kind of subtle, pretending-to-be-innocent version of Stormfront.

So why do the moderators here turn such a blind eye to this sort of thing?

Half the racist threads and posts I see would get shut down in under a couple of hours in the other forums I frequent. But here they go on for days and weeks.

Especially given how many people on this site are under 18, TSR really needs to take more responsibility and tighten up application of its modding rules.

Here's a solution for you: push the report post button.
Reply 58
Original post by Mad Vlad

What and get this kind of condescending response? What's the point?

You had an openly fascist and racist mod on here not that long ago. Clearly you're not at all interested in evidence.
Original post by Stinkum
That was different. I was just saying that people from different races shouldn't be in relationships or have mixed race children together (especially considering the circumstances I highlighted in that thread), that's all. That has nothing to do with racism. You should look up the definition of the word. I have not seen any racism on TSR.

While we're at it, let's have separate bathrooms and only allow certain races into certain bars and restaurants :rolleyes:
I'm in a mixed race relationship and if you don't think that telling someone who they should/shouldn't be with based on race isn't racist, then you're not paying enough attention to the meaning of that definition you're holding up. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending