The Student Room Group

'Straight white guy festival' causes controversy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Bare in mind straight white guys have not had a history of intense oppression. While black/asian/native american people and gay people do.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's understandable why you'd be annoyed that they're dick-waving their straight white privilege. Try knowing that one of your ancestors could have potentially been shipped off to another continent, being forced to piss in tight spaces and surviving in conditions that somebody on deathrow doesn't even get, or that people who had the same sexual orientation as you were killed in cold blood over the years, burnt, castrated etc.

Also they used male as well because women have been oppressed over the years.

Let them have their festival, but it's taking the piss out of minorities and at risk groups.

Funny you speak about slavery when blacks manufactured the slave trade and every race has been enslaved for
Your information, most non blaxks don't feel the need to mention it. Every people of whatever race has suffered, your tears are no worse than anyone elses.

Blacks are still pissing in tight spaces all over Africa mind you because it's
Not banned in Africa, since the owners are black and arab though you don't seem to mind lol.

Blacks are most provleged people in this country, the only people who are exempt from racism and PC agression.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 301
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well if you really want to go into this debate sure lol. It's not that I'm trying to evade I just don't really care about issues that aren't as prevalent in my country. Do you want me to carry on or not? because you're saying "don't run away." But you're also saying "Sorry. I'd never try to state any dogmas about your country." I am going to sleep soon though.

But ye there are supporters for male issues but the feminist movement has been around for a long time now and they're in direct competition with those supporters. Theres good examples of it on this page https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism?fref=ts . The owner of that facebook group has apparently recieved a lot of death threats from feminists as well as other women on there who have had to take their photos down. (that page is growing very fast btw. It had 2k followers a few days ago)

When someone tries to raise male issues you'l get countless articles written by feminists that ridicule that person.

You're a jerk. In a hot way :colone: Anyway Big Brother is on in my country so...yeah. Nice chatting about this. And 2k is pretty much invisible here. There are many factors that tie into it, but I'm sure you aren't interested. SO you can just keep believing what you want.
Original post by Tai Ga
Ah Cryptoid. As per usual the point goes directly over your head. I'd expect nothing less.

You believe anything which paints your own group as victims, so don't talk common sense as you'll headbutt a brick wall. Then agreeing with somebody who complains against opression then says a white festival cannot take place. People like
You can't be argued with due to your irrational, harsh, self absorbed mannerisms. You're just poison.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Cry me a river.

Funny you speak about slavery when blacks manufactured the slave trade and every race has been enslaved for
Your information, most non blaxks don't feel the need to mention it. Every people of whatever race has suffered, your tears are no worse than anyone elses.

Not banned in Africa, since the owners are black and arab though you don't seem to mind lol.

Just a bias black dude, who has a chip on his shoulder.

Black people didn't manufacture the slave trade. That's nonsense. They sent some prisoners and people they didn't like to become slaves. But majority of them were taken away by force. Most articles that argue what you are arguing are generally the more dubious type.

Every race has been enslaved I know that, what's your point here? Most recent has been black people and the effects of the slavery is more sudden. Tbh if you look at everything that's happened, you can see that there's an effect on slavery/domination in all races. E.g. majority of the world speaks English because the most recent and sudden domination has been that of the british empire. A lot of countries in the middle east and northern africa(also some parts of south east europe) speak arabic due to the muslim empire in the 700s.

Btw it's biased, not bias. I have no chip on my shoulder either.
(edited 9 years ago)

Blacks are most provleged people in this country, the only people who are exempt from racism and PC agression.

So many races have suffered from slave trade yes. But the reason why transatlantic slave trade is more mentioned is because it was the most recent large transaction, before the west abolished it. Not only that, but it has a legacy, and is the foundation of America race relations and because it has the legacy it is the reason why African American's are in the horrid position they are in now. It is also more noted because it was the only racist slavery in history, with a racist legacy. Slavery in the Middle Ages has pretty much no legacy in society today. A little food for thought.
Original post by Truths
So many races have suffered from slave trade yes. But the reason why transatlantic slave trade is more mentioned is because it was the most recent large transaction, before the west abolished it. Not only that, but it has a legacy, and is the foundation of America race relations and because it has the legacy it is the reason why African American's are in the horrid position they are in now. It is also more noted because it was the only racist slavery in history, with a racist legacy. Slavery in the Middle Ages has pretty much no legacy in society today. A little food for thought.

The bold is utter rubbish
You believe anything which paints your own group as victims, so don't talk common sense as you'll headbutt a brick wall. Then agreeing with somebody who complains against opression then says a white festival cannot take place. People like
You can't be argued with due to your irrational, harsh, self absorbed mannerisms. You're just poison.

K then :giggle:

Black people manufactured the slave trade? What is this bull****?

Also, black people are the most privileged? They're exempt from racism? Do you mean white males, or are you just delusional?
Reply 308
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Please tell me in what ways are white people still suffering as a direct result of slavery?
Original post by Tai Ga
K then :giggle:

I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously, he just posted that he thinks that black people are the most privileged group and are exempt from racism :lol:
Original post by thechemistress
I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously, he just posted that he thinks that black people are the most privileged group and are exempt from racism :lol:

Lol don't worry. I know his past history and take pretty much everything he says very lightly.
Original post by ApeMob
You're a jerk. In a hot way :colone: Anyway Big Brother is on in my country so...yeah. Nice chatting about this. And 2k is pretty much invisible here. There are many factors that tie into it, but I'm sure you aren't interested. SO you can just keep believing what you want.

You look pretty hot in your avi too tbh. And ye I know there are other factors as well but a lot of the propaganda is just biased and negatively affects men. Most of it is probably unintentional though. Like 'don't be that guy'.

But there are areas where men just have no rights compared to women that aren't going to be fixed any time soon because of big feminist organisations that would oppose it. For example, a woman can get pregnant and pretty much put any man's name down as the father. And even though that man isn't the biological father he'l still have to pay child support for the next 18 years.

Unless you have information suggesting otherwise, don't @ me. Because Jim Crow laws alone validate my point. Go sit somewhere.
I don't understand why some people on here are so eager to be seen as oppressed? Oppression is not a good thing. Honestly, I would trade places with any of you white, straight males in an instant.
Original post by Vanny
Please tell me in what ways are white people still suffering as a direct result of slavery?

That wasn't what I was saying. The fact is a) there have been plenty of racist slave trades b) the arabs continued and still continue to use slaves c) the slave trades which the poster was taking about were still going on.

I would say that I am still affected by persecution of the Irish though
Original post by Truths
Unless you have information suggesting otherwise, don't @ me. Because Jim Crow laws alone validate my point. Go sit somewhere.

The Arabs were trading white slaves until at the earliest 1815, and black people are still treated terribly in the middle east. Look at Sudan
Original post by thechemistress
Do you mean white males, or are you just delusional?

Judging by his previous posts, the latter.
Original post by Truths

Tbf slavery in the middle ages has a legacy in society today.

Islamic slave trade means that middle east and part of africa and europe are islamic countries.

Also the crusades are the reason why we are not islamic today.

History has shaped everything today. Do not underestimate how deep things go. Honestly e.g. British people talk about tanning etc. which part of europe contain a lot of tanned people? The likes of italy and greece, who were pretty dominant in europe early AD and were the benchmark. Even though there was a british empire, it didn't really dominate europe. It was the north americas and part of the carribean. Gotta say for such a small country Britain have done pretty well in getting so dominant.
The Arabs were trading white slaves until at the earliest 1815, and black people are still treated terribly in the middle east. Look at Sudan

Isn't that a legacy that plights black people then? What legacy of slavery plights white people in society? My point still stands.
Original post by Truths
Isn't that a legacy that plights black people then? What legacy of slavery plights white people in society? My point still stands.

Yes but you also claimed it was the only racist slave trade. Also that sort of mentality that non-Muslims are fair game is the sort of thing we've seen in Rochdale and Oxford.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending