The Student Room Group

Should I ask HIM out? If so, how?

Really quite fancy a guy at work. We've chatted a bit, seem to get along well. Would love to get to know him better but outwith the confines of the workplace.

Think he's interested- he's showing many signs. But he's a little shy, plus work isn't the place to ask someone out (we work at a supermarket, so lots of people around). Don't know if he would ask me out or not for these reasons.

Should I take matters into my own hands? Sounds really lame but we are facebook friends- should I ask him out via message? We get literally no opportunity to talk in private at work, plus if a customer overheard us we could get into bother.

Guess i'm scared that getting asked out by a girl would emasculate some guys- would it? And why? Should I wait forever to see if he'll ask me out or should I just throw caution to the wind and do it? Don't really like the thought of being the chaser and i'd love him to ask me out but don't know if I have the patience to wait what could potentially be a long time

Scroll to see replies

Wait till you are alone with him, feel his muscles up and tell him he has been working out. Play with your hair, write your phone number on his hand.

And bite your lip after you ask him. There you go!

I don't know why I know this hehe
(edited 9 years ago)
Go for it! The chances are that he feels the same way but is so petrified by the thought of being rejected that he's saying nothing.
If nothing else, asking to meet up for coffee or whatever will give you chance to work out if you're compatible and then take it further if things work out well. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
I'd only ever ask out a girl if I felt I had a decent chance of her saying yes otherwise I wouldn't. I'd much prefer a girl asking me out. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Manitude
Go for it! The chances are that he feels the same way but is so petrified by the thought of being rejected that he's saying nothing.
If nothing else, asking to meet up for coffee or whatever will give you chance to work out if you're compatible and then take it further if things work out well. Good luck :smile:
Thanks :smile: - but should I ask him over facebook or is that too cowardly/childish?
Reply 5
I think girls that make the first move come across as confident, self assured and fearless. All amazing traits to have.
I say definitely in person. Ask him if he'll wait for you after work, or ask him for his number then call him..
Verbal is so much better than typing!
Good luck!
if he isn't man enough to risk it and ask you out... you wouldn't wunna be with him in the long run. sorry but true.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks :smile: - but should I ask him over facebook or is that too cowardly/childish?

In my opinion face to face is best. It's more personal and he'll take you more seriously

Original post by Kabulkid
if he isn't man enough to risk it and ask you out... you wouldn't wunna be with him in the long run. sorry but true.

Wow that is just complete c***. I can think of many reasons why he may not ask her even if he does like her. Perhaps he's even planning to just haven't got round to it...

lel.

OP facebook message is probably the best bet. So you don't get embarrassed if he turns you down in front of people. Also the fact that he might be pressured into saying yes if there are people are around to spare your feelings. You'l get an honest answer if it's over facebook.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AdamCee
In my opinion face to face is best. It's more personal and he'll take you more seriously

Wow that is just complete c***. I can think of many reasons why he may not ask her even if he does like her. Perhaps he's even planning to just haven't got round to it...

.. go on then, maybe she should wait then. if the guy isn't man enough to grow a pair and say a few words then...would you want him to be the father of ur kids?
Original post by ChickenMadness
lel.

OP facebook message is probably the best bet. So you don't get embarrassed if he turns you down in front of people. Also the fact that he might be pressured into saying yes if there are people are around to spare your feelings. You'l get an honest answer if it's over facebook.

why's that so funny and no dont facebook message lol, doing it online is so cowadly.
.. go on then, maybe she should wait then. if the guy isn't man enough to grow a pair and say a few words then...would you want him to be the father of ur kids?

why's that so funny and no dont facebook message lol, doing it online is so cowadly.

lmao thats such a childish attitude thinking stuff is 'cowardly'. It's just asking for a date. And in this situation it's the best way to get an honest answer seeing as she works in a super market and can't ask without people seeing.

And he might not even be thinking about going on a date with her. If she doesn't ask he might just carry on with his life and not care at all. Just lol at the 'grow balls' stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao thats such a childish attitude thinking stuff is 'cowardly'. *It's just asking for a date. And in this situation it's the best way to get an honest answer seeing as she works in a super market and can't ask without people seeing.

**And he might not even be thinking about going on a date with her. If she doesn't ask he might just carry on with his life and not care at all. Just lol at the 'grow balls' stuff.

* if it's 'just' asking for a date.. why doesn't he do it?
** then she shouldn't ask... surely by now he knows, unless he's an idiot
Reply 12
Ville Valo?

Just sing "In joy and sorrow your home's in my arms."
Reply 13

Wow, that is such a **** opinion, I think someone should delete it. It's that bad.
Reply 14
on your knees unzip his trousers that'll do it trust me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnharM
Wow, that is such a **** opinion, I think someone should delete it. It's that bad.

rofl i can see so many ppl here didn't have the guts to ask out their crushes. no wonder im getting hate...

yeah btw i went str8 up to my ex and told her how i felt and told her i wasn't gunna bull**** her by beating around the bush, she told me that, thats the best thing a guy could've done, most (serious and respectable) girls don't like guys playin around with them and would rather honesty.
Reply 16
rofl i can see so many ppl here didn't have the guts to ask out their crushes. no wonder im getting hate...

yeah btw i went str8 up to my ex and told her how i felt and told her i wasn't gunna bull**** her by beating around the bush, she told me that, thats the best thing a guy could've done, most (serious and respectable) girls don't like guys playin around with them and would rather honesty.

No, I agree a man should ask a girl out straight up, but that takes confidence, and a ''don't give a **** what happens'' attitude in life. The fact that you think if a guy doesn't ask the woman out directly, he isn't ''man enough'', is absolutely ridiculous. A man being insecure and scared of rejection doesn't make him any less of a man than you are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AnharM
No, I agree a man should ask a girl out straight up, but that takes confidence, and a ''don't give a **** what happens'' attitude in life. The fact that you think if a guy doesn't ask the woman out directly, he isn't ''man enough'', is absolutely ridiculous. A man being insecure and scared of rejection doesn't make him any less of a man than you are.

wtf... its just asking out a ****ing girl, r u men that pussy seriously? ffs.
Reply 18

You're an actual prick. Stop acting all alpha on TSR you moron, some guys just need the confidence. Some of us aren't as insensitive like you, good luck to your future wife.
Reply 19

You sound spectacularly inexperienced, for all the effort you're going to to make out that you're not.

Quick Reply