The Student Room Group

The 14/15 NBA Season Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by S-man10
Whoever thinks kobe is better need to get their head checked

I'm sorry but has lebron won 5 championships ?

Has Lebron finished in to 4th quarter?
There is too much to be proven in his case.

LBJ is an exceptional player and a brilliant all around player, but last time I checked 5 beats 2.

Ps. Kobe neverleft LA when things got tough
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by woztar

LBJ is an exceptional player and a brilliant all around player, but last time I checked 5 beats 2.

Ps Kobe wanted out until the Lakers went and surrounding him with Gasol and that. Kobe has never even been to the finals or carried his team by himself :lol:

LBJ over Kobe any day of the week.
Original post by woztar

Shaq during the three-peat was unstoppable..

Kobe played with Shaq and Gasol...arguably Gasol had the bigger effect in the back to back finals than even Kobe did...

Kobes always needed help, a 23 year old LBJ took Cleveland to the Finals. Say what you want but LBJ will go down as top 5 all time, Kobe will be fringe top 10 unfortunately.
The only way lebron is better than kobe is if you're talking purely about physical attributes.

Original post by Durantula
Shaq during the three-peat was unstoppable..

Kobe played with Shaq and Gasol...arguably Gasol had the bigger effect in the back to back finals than even Kobe did...

Kobes always needed help, a 23 year old LBJ took Cleveland to the Finals. Say what you want but LBJ will go down as top 5 all time, Kobe will be fringe top 10 unfortunately.

Where's Allen Iverson in the top 10 then? A 6'0 165lber carried a bum squad to the finals. Is he better than Kobe? Is he higher than Kobe in the top 10? If not, your rationale doesn't work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jingers
The only way lebron is better than kobe is if you're talking purely about physical attributes.

Lol?

Please try justify why Kobe is better than LeBron...Kobe has never even been the best player on his championship team...he struggled with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown etc and the Lakers went and got him Gasol. What did LBJ ever get in Cleveland? Mo Williams?

LBJ has consistently been the best player on his team - let alone the league.
Original post by Durantula
Lol?

Please try justify why Kobe is better than LeBron...Kobe has never even been the best player on his championship team...he struggled with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown etc and the Lakers went and got him Gasol. What did LBJ ever get in Cleveland? Mo Williams?

LBJ has consistently been the best player on his team - let alone the league.

Lebron cost Wade finals MVP though.

Inversing the same thought process and that's saying Jordan would've struggled without Pippen and Rodman.
smh there needs to be a dedicated thread to argue about LeBron vs whoever ¬_¬
Original post by woztar

You are either really sarcastic or really stupid.

FYI: Kobe has been the best player on one championship team. He has lower clutch, playoff, regular season stats than lebron (and really it's not even close). Even Lebron's 4th quarter stats are way better than Kobe's.

And also Kobe threatened to leave LA twice, which caused shaq to leave and forced them to get gasol. If the lakers had picked shaq over him he would have left LA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
Who gives a crap? LeBron and Kobe are both great and should be regarded as great players in their own right.
Original post by woztar

Robert Horry>Kobe as 7>5
Also :http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927
Reply 70
Original post by Malevolent
Ps Kobe wanted out until the Lakers went and surrounding him with Gasol and that. Kobe has never even been to the finals or carried his team by himself :lol:

LBJ over Kobe any day of the week.

No way. LBJ wishes he was as clutch as Kobe.

As far as the finals go, have you forgotten 2011 NBA Finals?
Reply 71
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
You are either really sarcastic or really stupid.

FYI: Kobe has been the best player on one championship team. He has lower clutch, playoff, regular season stats than lebron (and really it's not even close). Even Lebron's 4th quarter stats are way better than Kobe's.

And also Kobe threatened to leave LA twice, which caused shaq to leave and forced them to get gasol. If the lakers had picked shaq over him he would have left LA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LeBron is no way as clutch as Kobe.

Stephen A smith even says so.

I'm not talking about 2014 Kobe, in saying Kobe in his prime vs lebron in his prime.

LeBron needed tw other HOF players to get a ring, as well as the refs.

I'm sorry but the mamba beats the king.
Reply 72
Original post by woztar
LeBron is no way as clutch as Kobe.

Stephen A smith even says so.

I'm not talking about 2014 Kobe, in saying Kobe in his prime vs lebron in his prime.

LeBron needed tw other HOF players to get a ring, as well as the refs.

I'm sorry but the mamba beats the king.

Stephen A Smith thinks Melo is a 'top 5 offensive player in the modern era'. He speaks well, but his opinion is garbage.
Reply 73
Original post by Xotol
Stephen A Smith thinks Melo is a 'top 5 offensive player in the modern era'. He speaks well, but his opinion is garbage.

Stephen A claimed Melo was a scoring machine when I believe the highest PPG season he has had so far in his career is 27. I can't see how that's a scoring machine when T-Mac, Iverson and Kobe have produced at least two 30 PPG seasons since 2000.

EDIT: T-Mac only had one, but had a few 30+ PPG playoff runs even if he got bounced out of the first round each of those times.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IDukem
Stephen A claimed Melo was a scoring machine when I believe the highest PPG season he has had so far in his career is 27. I can't see how that's a scoring machine when T-Mac, Iverson and Kobe have produced at least two 30 PPG seasons since 2000.

You can score more points when your team has legitimate secondary options so that you're not constantly the defence's primary focus.
Reply 75
Original post by Jingers
You can score more points when your team has legitimate secondary options so that you're not constantly the defence's primary focus.

What lol. 21 year old LeBron put up 31ppg with Big Z and Larry Hughes as his secondary options. Kobe put up 35ppg with Odom, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Both their highest scoring seasons. Having crap secondary options means you can jack up more shots. If Melo was as good a scorer as some people think, he would be leading the league in ppg especially with Durant having Westbrook and Lebron having Wade & Bosh. No excuse, he just isn't that good.
Original post by Xotol
What lol. 21 year old LeBron put up 31ppg with Big Z and Larry Hughes as his secondary options. Kobe put up 35ppg with Odom, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Both their highest scoring seasons. Having crap secondary options means you can jack up more shots. If Melo was as good a scorer as some people think, he would be leading the league in ppg especially with Durant having Westbrook and Lebron having Wade & Bosh. No excuse, he just isn't that good.

FGA:

05/06 Kobe - 27.2 (35.4)
06/07 Kobe - 22.8 (31.6)
05/06 Lebron - 23.1 (31.4)
07/08 Lebron - 21.9 (30)
06/07 Melo - 22.4 (28.9)
12/13 Melo - 22.2 (28.7)

Kobe avg 33.5 on 25 FGA
Lebron 30.7 on 22.5 FGA
Melo 28.8 on 22.3 FGA

Even with ****ty secondary options, Melo's highest FGA for his career is 22.4 and in his two his scoring seasons he averaged 28.8 on 22.3 FGA.

Kobe is Kobe. Never said Melo's better.
Most of LBJ's shots are near the rim where it's a higher percentage.

Give Melo 25 FGA and he's averaging 41 easy.
Reply 77
Original post by Xotol

I agree with you, however on most occasions Smith's articulate speech is correct.

He was right about LeBron but definitely overates MJ
Reply 78
Original post by woztar
I agree with you, however on most occasions Smith's articulate speech is correct.

He was right about LeBron but definitely overates MJ

It's really quite hard to overrate Michael Jordan to be honest. The only real thing that was weak in Jordan's game was 3pt% but even then, Jordan never relied on the 3pt shot in his career bar that game against Portland in 92.
Reply 79
Original post by IDukem
It's really quite hard to overrate Michael Jordan to be honest. The only real thing that was weak in Jordan's game was 3pt% but even then, Jordan never relied on the 3pt shot in his career bar that game against Portland in 92.

I do agree, 6 for 6 in the NBA finals and the way he would dominate games.

However, sometimes Stephen A Smith acts like he is superhuman

What I don't get is why isn't Kareem Abdul Jabbar in that same conversation?

6 NBA Championships
6 League MVP's (one more than Jordan)
Only 2 Finals MVP
19 Time All Star
1 Unstoppable Skyhook
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest