The Student Room Group

What's your ideal proposal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8n0PlpM2TM
The resemblance is uncanny...

Never even seen it.

That's how I was proposed to tbh. Probably coincidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
Oh well, you're still a user worth of my rep...:h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A spontaneous and unexpected proposal
Original post by Mr...
Oh well, you're still a user worth of my rep...:h:

Just seen the video and it was similar yet very different:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
How so?:curious:

Well the earring and spontaneity was similar. But it wasn't midnight, it wasn't in a small student room, my husband without any warning just got down on one knee while Ross and Emily were talking about it beforehand and they were going out for 6 weeks while we were going out 3 weeks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Well the earring and spontaneity was similar. But it wasn't midnight, it wasn't in a small student room, my husband without any warning just got down on one knee while Ross and Emily were talking about it beforehand and they were going out for 6 weeks while we were going out 3 weeks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is pretty awesome.
Original post by Ribbits
That is pretty awesome.

Original post by Mr...
I hope you two are happy!:biggrin:

We are! Funnily enough we were just discussing it at midnight today as it's been four years today and I mentioned how it wasn't planned at all and apparently we will make up for it with precisely planned children :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:laugh:

Better be careful of those drunken nights out...
May I ask hot old you are

No more drunken night out for me since my doctor said no alcohol while trying for a baby :wink:

I'm 22.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thechemistress
I have it planned out (not really, I literally just made this up on the spot).
Okay, so we're reading on the sofa together*, each at opposite ends with our feet entwined. He will say 'hey, do you want to get married' and I will be like 'sure thing'.
And then we will go back to our books.

* If he's reading anything by Stephanie Meyer, John Green or any other ****ty author, I am not marrying him.

Loooooool :rofl:

I always see the best posts everytime I run out of rep :frown:
I want him to make a heart felt speech and convince me He's the one I should spend the rest of my life with and then pop the question. I want it to be a romantic setting :')
Original post by Mr...
Well good luck!:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh, that's awful. He just sprung the wedding on her
Original post by thechemistress
Oh gosh, that's awful. He just sprung the wedding on her

The proposal was cute though, imagine if she had said no!
I wanted to go the extra mile and do something special and unexpected, so I did.

We were on holiday last year in Florida with the family. I arranged a private boat trip with a captain who knew the area very well. We went looking for dolphins and manatees. He then dropped us off on an island which is only accessible by boat. We took a walk on the beach. There were lots of pretty shells so I said to her, let's play a little game, you walk one way I'll walk the other and we'll see who can find the nicest shell. As she walked away, I quickly scrambled in my backpack to get the ring and ring box. The ring box was a specially made rose, with the ring enclosed in the bud. I planted this in the sand and called over "quick, come and look at this, there's a red rose in the sand." It looked awesome in the sand, a striking red rose surrounded by white sand and shells. I was the other side of the rose when she came over, as she picked it up I opened the bud of the rose and there was the ring. Popped the question, bla bla. We were very fortunate that an island ranger was walking down the beach just as we were celebrating. He took some snaps of us both so we didn't just have selfies. Headed back to the boat where the captain was patiently waiting, he congratulated us (he was in on it all along), cracked up the champagne (water actually as I couldn't think of a good reason to take champagne on a boat (we don't drink much)) and had some fresh fruit whilst looking for more dolphin and manatees.

Family picked us up, took us back to the villa and they had arranged a little surprise party too which was great.

However, taking a ring to the other side of the world and keeping it hidden is very stressful. It was left in a McDonalds toilet on one occasion :eek:, but thankfully, quickly recovered.

Great time and amazing memories :smile: To all the guys I would recommend going the extra mile; even if the girl says she doesn't care I'm sure that is BS. Go for it, you only do it once and it's something to tell the kids
I didn't do anything lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

My thoughts exactly.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
My thoughts exactly.

?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol nevermind :P
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol nevermind :P

No go ahead. I'm slow atm but I would like to know what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No go ahead. I'm slow atm but I would like to know what you mean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When i said "my thoughts exactly" , i was referring to the fact i also don't understand why Mr M gave you a rep for your first comment. He said "i see what you did there" . I was see what , and you had the similiar reply. So thats why "i said my thoughts exactly".

That was really longwinded:colondollar::colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending