The Student Room Group

Seriously stressing out now, please help/advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by po10tial
How? lol

The woman at my agency said that the signs look positive, but the offer is not guaranteed.

They say they won't know for sure until it reaches the finance/admin stage, thats why they can't say 'yes you got the job or no you didn't'

I see..Yea the job will respond to you if you are selected..:smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Sena5
I see..Yea the job will respond to you if you are selected..:smile:

Yeah what does that mean lol?

Also, if they were to reject me would they let me know straight away?
Reply 62
Yeah what does that mean lol?

Also, if they were to reject me would they let me know straight away?

The employers hiring you will contact you if they are willing to hire you. If you have not heard for a very long time then you should know you are not accepted there. Some companies do respond for both accepting and rejecting.But, some I huess don't respond if your not accepted.

Maybe many were interviewed with you so they have to review through everyone. So, just wait and see.
Reply 63
Original post by Sena5
The employers hiring you will contact you if they are willing to hire you. If you have not heard for a very long time then you should know you are not accepted there. Some companies do respond for both accepting and rejecting.But, some I huess don't respond if your not accepted.

Maybe many were interviewed with you so they have to review through everyone. So, just wait and see.

I don't know.

I was told that they were interested in me, and I think I was told in the interview that if I heard from them in the next two days then it means I didn't get it. I might have misheard, but they said something along the lines
Reply 64
I don't know.

I was told that they were interested in me, and I think I was told in the interview that if I heard from them in the next two days then it means I didn't get it. I might have misheard, but they said something along the lines

I see.
I guess if you heard from them you should be accepted. Just contact them again if they haven't yet contacted you.Or even if they have contacted do contact them again to ensure if you are selected or not.:yep:
Reply 65
Original post by Sena5
I see.
I guess if you heard from them you should be accepted. Just contact them again if they haven't yet contacted you.Or even if they have contacted do contact them again to ensure if you are selected or not.:yep:

Yeah its a long waiting game. Hopefully, tomorrow I will hear something.

I mean it all depends on HR
Reply 66
Yeah its a long waiting game. Hopefully, tomorrow I will hear something.

I mean it all depends on HR

I'm not sure but yea maybe..
Best Wishes:smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Sena5
I'm not sure but yea maybe..
Best Wishes:smile:

Yeah thanks for the encouragement...

I spoke to a good friend of mine and I sort of get the finance stage. If I am correct, its when the agency and employer reach an agreement on commission - and if for whatever reason they find a cheaper agency they may opt for them. Am I right in saying this?
Reply 68
Yeah thanks for the encouragement...

I spoke to a good friend of mine and I sort of get the finance stage. If I am correct, its when the agency and employer reach an agreement on commission - and if for whatever reason they find a cheaper agency they may opt for them. Am I right in saying this?

To hire an employee, agency should not be a thing which affects you to be hired.
Employers need high quality of people in their business so they will try to negotiate with the agency but can't turn you down if they are very very interested and very eager to accept you into the job.
think long-term
Reply 70
Original post by Sena5
To hire an employee, agency should not be a thing which affects you to be hired.
Employers need high quality of people in their business so they will try to negotiate with the agency but can't turn you down if they are very very interested and very eager to accept you into the job.

Yeah so I think the negotiation is what is delaying the whole process
Reply 71
Yeah so I think the negotiation is what is delaying the whole process

Hmm could be. Ask the agency what is like = How is the process of my application in the interview going on?
They would answer.
Reply 72
Original post by Sena5
Hmm could be. Ask the agency what is like = How is the process of my application in the interview going on?
They would answer.

Yeah they said they won't know til it reaches the finance stage
Reply 73
Yeah they said they won't know til it reaches the finance stage

Then probably you've got to wait till they get a response.
Reply 74
Original post by Sena5
Then probably you've got to wait till they get a response.

Who the agency?
Reply 75
Who the agency?

Both the job and agency.
Reply 76
Original post by Sena5
Both the job and agency.

Yeah it turns out it is a finance issue.

I can be paid for about 2-3 months but not the whole year... so I have been given an option, I can start work soon - but it may not be a year contract. Basically, once they get their budget free then they may extend my offer.

I don't know what to do.
Reply 77
Yeah it turns out it is a finance issue.

I can be paid for about 2-3 months but not the whole year... so I have been given an option, I can start work soon - but it may not be a year contract. Basically, once they get their budget free then they may extend my offer.

I don't know what to do.

Do the work even though they are less than a year contract. You will get experience in the job. which will be helpful later to get jobs.
Reply 78
Original post by Sena5
Do the work even though they are less than a year contract. You will get experience in the job. which will be helpful later to get jobs.

Yeah, but that's not the point. I have to tell my uni if I am definately working for the year

I want to graduate a year later and want to work for a full year.

I am annoyed that a job was advertised in the first place if they couldn't financially fund it.

There is a possibility that they could fund it after, but I think its bull****.

What do you think?
Reply 79
Yeah, but that's not the point. I have to tell my uni if I am definately working for the year

I want to graduate a year later and want to work for a full year.

I am annoyed that a job was advertised in the first place if they couldn't financially fund it.

There is a possibility that they could fund it after, but I think its bull****.

What do you think?

That's good idea.Take an year break and work. ONce you finish your work complete your studies.
It happens.

Quick Reply