The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meenglishnogood
except that the ottoman empire ruled over all palestinian and arab land -- which the arabs werent satisfied with either, they went to war with the turks and begged britain to help.

again your grasp of history is completly manipulated

I will again repeat:

The concept of an Empire lies in the fact that it abolishes borders, not create new ones.
well, in reality the arabs stole palestine too. so where does that put your argument?

Where are the people laying claim to it ie the romans oh there are none
Original post by tsr1269
Because it wasn't a vote about "going in" to Israel. It was just a vote on asking the UN to investigate Israeli war crimes.

so why dont they vote about going in?

Original post by tsr1269

Why would they go in and invade Israel if there were no war crimes taking place and everything they were doing is legal and above board?

we are told daily on this thread that 'israel is breachin un resolution this and that' so why dont they take action then? btw this isnt the first action against hamas israel has taken. if all of what you say is true, what are they waiting for?

Original post by tsr1269
Islamists = Muslim

Palestinians =/= Muslims.

Supporting Palestine =/= Supporting Islamists.

your formulas are flawed. but again i put it down to propaganda

Original post by tsr1269

I am saying that only Muslims can commit Islamic terrorism just like Christians can only commit Christian terrorism and like how only Jews can commit Jewish terrorism.

so why is islamic terrorism so widely found accross the globe, including palestine?

Original post by tsr1269

The Iron Dome is an efficient system, yes or no?

more efficient than having nothing. not 100%. if a neighbouring country starting shelling us, we would bomb the crap out of them

Original post by tsr1269

As Gaza is blockaded, why would they want to create a loopy tunnel which only ends up back in Gaza? That would only waste time, money, supplies and effort..

you can ask the islamists that. i would have said to hamas 'use the materials israel sent you to build the hospitals and schools normal palestinans need, instead of tunnels your islamist rats can hide in'.

you still sound indoctrinated into disbeleif, perhaps you should watch todays news where hamas have realised videos of their tunnels, then open your eyes a little

Original post by tsr1269

They don't need to have "x-ray cameras". They just bomb the 1km strip of land. As all the tunnels going into Israel must cross that buffer zone at one point or another, Israel only needs to bomb that strip of land to get rid of all the tunnels.

How is this simply solution beyond your logical capabilities?

amazing that noone has thought of this till now but you! you are wasted on tsr, you should be shipped immedialty to israel so they can benefit from your remarkable military tactical nouse.

Original post by tsr1269

Because HAMAS are not that stupid to make themselves sitting ducks.?
so instead make regular palestinians sitting ducks on their behalf? thanks for clarifying that point. they sound very brave.

Original post by tsr1269
In fact, why don't the Israel's get rid of their airplanes, tanks, drones and body equipment and invade Gaza in only their birthday suits and a knife?

why, are hamas standing around together in their birthday suits?:s-smilie: why havent you posted these photos along with all your others?
isreal were smart enought to build most of their stuff, why should they give it up? i mean when the arabs conquered the entire regions of levant, they were taking swords, shields arrows and armed cavalry against essentially villagers and farmers. whats the difference - just the religions involved?
Original post by tsr1269
I will again repeat:

The concept of an Empire lies in the fact that it abolishes borders, not create new ones.

then i will repeat

except that the ottoman empire ruled over all palestinian and arab land -- which the arabs werent satisfied with either, they went to war with the turks and begged britain to help.
Original post by NoJuice
Do they have deeds and titles?

probably, i dont know if jerusalem has a Land registry office dating back to 3000bc though

do the arabs? when are you going to decree your attempted exterminations of them btw
Qassam state that they have hit North Israel, close to the Jordanian border.

They further state that they have killed 8 soldiers in an undercover mission in Al-Tuffah, Gaza City. 51 IDF soldiers have been hospitalised. The Israeli's refused to comment.

Gaza bombing photos from Alexander Gerst onboard the ISS (International Space Station):

France pledges 11 million Euros to Gaza.

Brazilian Government to recall ambassador over disproportionate use of force by Israel.

Avi Isaccharoff analyses the next steps of the campaign.

FAA lifts travel ban and EASA lifts recommendation not to travel.
then i will repeat

As I have already stated in response to why there was no Palestine borders by the Ottoman Empire, it seems you did not understand so I shall reiterate:

The concept of an Empire is that it has no borders and therefore, there was no independent Palestinian State.

That part of the land was conquered by Islamic forces as an Empire and it remained like that until the mid-20th Century, although it had varying rulers.
Superb article talks about how the media fetish for dead Palestinians is playing into Hamas hands and leading to further Palestinian deaths. Also some great analysis of how the quality of arguments from those who are pro-Palestine has declined over the past few years.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/your-pity-for-palestinians-is-making-things-worse-in-gaza/15461#.U9D4PGPG-Dp

This comment below the article that compares the radical, irrational pro-Palestinians to feminists is spot-on and made me chuckle too.

"From strong, capable self-determination to 'vulnerability' and perennial victimhood. Yep, that's basically the pitiful, tawdry journey of all 'radical' campaigning over the last 20yrs.
It's exactly the same with modern feminists, who seem reduced to parading endless supposed rape/sexual assault victims before our eyes on social media." :congrats:
Original post by tsr1269
As I have already stated in response to why there was no Palestine borders by the Ottoman Empire, it seems you did not understand so I shall reiterate:

The concept of an Empire is that it has no borders and therefore, there was no independent Palestinian State.

That part of the land was conquered by Islamic forces as an Empire and it remained like that until the mid-20th Century, although it had varying rulers.
the ottomans did not give the palestinians their own land, they didnt even give mecca back to the arabs - that required assitance from the british. the arabs were not satisfied being ruled by the ottomans, they actually united in war against them, so your point is idiotic.

the reality is again, the british gave the muslims their holy land ( mecca) and the jews theirs (Jerusalem and levant ) but still allowed muslims to reside their. Islam came from arabia and Judaism from levant- what of that are you struggling to understand? :dontknow:

and so i shall repeat (till your brain comprehends)

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
But Israel does occupy Gaza and is the de facto ruler of Gaza...

This is not true, there are no Israeli troops stationed in Gaza and it is run by the PA
so why dont they vote about going in?

Because the United States, probably the most influential member on the UNSC, vetoes many of the resolutions concerning Israel.

Yesterday, the country that most consider the most "liberally democratic" (femalsen, I'm looking at you), voted against investigating Human Rights Abuses and alleged war crimes in Gaza.

we are told daily on this thread that 'israel is breachin un resolution this and that' so why dont they take action then? btw this isnt the first action against hamas israel has taken. if all of what you say is true, what are they waiting for?

You seem to have a need to educate yourself both of the process and of the make up of the different UN organisations.

your formulas are flawed. but again i put it down to propaganda

No rebuttal? can't say I'm surprised.

so why is islamic terrorism so widely found accross the globe, including palestine?

Because where there are Muslims, there is 100% chance of Islamic terrorism taking place.

How are you not getting this?

more efficient than having nothing. not 100%. if a neighbouring country starting shelling us, we would bomb the crap out of them

Luckily we haven't mass immigrated our citizens to that neighbouring country nor subjected that neighbouring country to effective occupation in order for them to attack us with rockets.

you can ask the islamists that. i would have said to hamas 'use the materials israel sent you to build the hospitals and schools normal palestinans need, instead of tunnels your islamist rats can hide in'.

you still sound indoctrinated into disbeleif, perhaps you should watch todays news where hamas have realised videos of their tunnels, then open your eyes a little

I haven't denied that there are tunnels. I am asking why HAMAS would want to build a tunnel which starts and ends in Gaza.

As for sending materials, Israel only sends building materials to the PA, not HAMAS.

amazing that noone has thought of this till now but you! you are wasted on tsr, you should be shipped immedialty to israel so they can benefit from your remarkable military tactical nouse.

Maybe the Israeli's have. Maybe they just wanted to kill Palestinians.

so instead make regular palestinians sitting ducks on their behalf? thanks for clarifying that point. they sound very brave.

The refusal of Israel and Egypt to open their borders makes the "regular Palestinians" a sitting duck.

why, are hamas standing around together in their birthday suits?:s-smilie: why havent you posted these photos along with all your others?
isreal were smart enought to build most of their stuff, why should they give it up? i mean when the arabs conquered the entire regions of levant, they were taking swords, shields arrows and armed cavalry against essentially villagers and farmers. whats the difference - just the religions involved?

I don't know. You suggested that HAMAS should go and shoot at a brick wall so I gave an equally absurd suggestion to you.
Original post by yo radical one
This is not true, there are no Israeli troops stationed in Gaza and it is run by the PA

The buffer zone on Gazan land?
The usual bull****

You seem to still be under an illusion:

The reason why the Ottoman Empire did not give the Palestinians their own land is because the concept of an Empire lies in the fact that it does not have borders.
Reply 1993
It seems to me that Hamas are the ones instigating the violence here, and then when Israel responds,they just use th Palestininan people as a human shield so they can cry "bully".
Douglas Murray annihilates some feeble fast-tracked Islamic politician from Labour

the ottomans did not give the palestinians their own land, they didnt even give mecca back to the arabs - that required assitance from the british. the arabs were not satisfied being ruled by the ottomans, they actually united in war against them, so your point is idiotic.

the reality is again, the british gave the muslims their holy land ( mecca) and the jews theirs (Jerusalem and levant ) but still allowed muslims to reside their. Islam came from arabia and Judaism from levant- what of that are you struggling to understand? :dontknow:

and so i shall repeat (till your brain comprehends)

You need to take a better look over the history books.

Perhaps, read something other than your narrow-minded inaccurate rubbish. :smile: :smile:
islamist have done far worse in the past than the israelis arethreatening- Islamic republic of pakistan raping bangladeshis anyone?

Yes I completely agree- atrocities committed in Bangladesh 43 years ago justify Israel's apartheid and mass murder today :dunce:
Original post by #Ridwan
Superb article talks about how the media fetish for dead Palestinians is playing into Hamas hands and leading to further Palestinian deaths. Also some great analysis of how the quality of arguments from those who are pro-Palestine has declined over the past few years.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/your-pity-for-palestinians-is-making-things-worse-in-gaza/15461#.U9D4PGPG-Dp

This comment below the article that compares the radical, irrational pro-Palestinians to feminists is spot-on and made me chuckle too.

"From strong, capable self-determination to 'vulnerability' and perennial victimhood. Yep, that's basically the pitiful, tawdry journey of all 'radical' campaigning over the last 20yrs.
It's exactly the same with modern feminists, who seem reduced to parading endless supposed rape/sexual assault victims before our eyes on social media." :congrats:

Superb.

On Sky News the other day the headline was (I kid you not) "pregnant woman killed in Israeli air strike"

Next day a Thai worker in Israel is killed by a rocket, no headline for him though.

Is this the only conflict in history where the so-called victims who're crying to the media at every opportunity, are refusing ceasefires unless all their demands are met?
Israel taking their anger out on the UN by hitting another school. An initial 10+ reported dead.

Unconfirmed reports indicating that 3 M75 rockets have just hit Ben Gurion Airport. Looks like that FAA and EASA recommendation will be coming into force again.

Bibi dogged in his insistence that the operation must continue. Digging his heels in over the ceasefire and sending more people to their deaths.
Original post by tsr1269
The buffer zone on Gazan land?

Both sides agreed that the fence around Gaza should remain in place in the Oslo accords

Latest

Trending

Trending