The Student Room Group

TSR is getting more racist.

Scroll to see replies

I think there is a lot of justification of racism but mainly from minoritys. You're always going to get trolls etc. but I don't think it's more or any less 'racist'

Muslims ahould be able to have their say on Israel without being called anti-semetic or whatever that's not fair, we have like the same person creating anti-jewish user names but it's obviously the same 1 or 2 people from stormfront probably.

I also don't think a lot of the posts about Israel or Jews are offensive, some are factual in reference to cultural marxism was created by Jewish Bolshevists that's an actual fact you should study, the diaries of Gramsci clearly state this, the same people are the Zionists in Israel killing Muslims and exerting Jewish control.
Pretty sure this has always been happening.
Am I the only one who finds it annoying when people say "but *insert ethnic group* isn't a race" as some sort of justification for prejudice against that group of people?
(edited 9 years ago)
It's always the oppressors who feel oppressed #FREEPALESTINE #ISUPPORTGAZA
yeah right ... coming from a guy called the anus files ...
Original post by zippity.doodah
...can you explain? I don't understand the difference between your first example and your second when they are both against *nationalities* or religions as opposed to races

not in my opinion; it was against the followers of a religion, and there are different races within the religion, clearly; if you go to israel there are going to be many races who say they are jews; you even get black jews, for example.

Italians and Irish people are ethnicities too. Mario Balotelli is by nationality Italian, but not by ethnicity. Al Pacino is by ethnicity Italian but not by nationality.

Secondly Hitler did not discriminate particularly against Jews as a religion but an ethnicity. Einstein was not religiously Jewish, but had to flee from the Nazis. Christians who had enough Jewish blood in them were also counted as Jews and killed.
Original post by Quaintsaintrah
It's always the oppressors who feel oppressed #FREEPALESTINE #ISUPPORTGAZA

As I said before I'm not talking about people bashing Israel, I'm talking about Stormfrontesque threads alleging that the Jews are behind mass immigration etc
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Italians and Irish people are ethnicities too. Mario Balotelli is by nationality Italian, but not by ethnicity. Al Pacino is by ethnicity Italian but not by nationality.

Secondly Hitler did not discriminate particularly against Jews as a religion but an ethnicity. Einstein was not religiously Jewish, but had to flee from the Nazis. Christians who had enough Jewish blood in them were also counted as Jews and killed.

yes but italians and irish people are, by race, white people.
and as well, saying that jews are an ethnicity is just as strange as saying christians are; christians married within their religion for pretty much 2000 years so obviously their blood in that time would have been "christian blood", making it an ethnicity by this category, which is silly
yes but italians and irish people are, by race, white people.
and as well, saying that jews are an ethnicity is just as strange as saying christians are; christians married within their religion for pretty much 2000 years so obviously their blood in that time would have been "christian blood", making it an ethnicity by this category, which is silly

I think from your first post you seem to have gotten the wrong idea that I am some sort of social justice warrior.

Secondly race is a social construct. There are millions of ways of defining it. In some cases white includes arabs and jews, in others it leaves out spanish people and italians, while in yet more definitions it means anglo-saxon i.e. the irish are not considered the same race as english people. Ethnicity however is not a social construct, and both discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and race are considered racism. Even discrimination on religious grounds so long as it is purely discrimination and not critique of the religion itself.

And yes Jews are an ethnicity too. Bob Dylan, Mila Kunis, James Caan, David Beckham are all Jewish or part-Jewish yet none of them practise Judaism.
And yes Jews are an ethnicity too. Bob Dylan, Mila Kunis, James Caan, David Beckham are all Jewish or part-Jewish yet none of them practise Judaism.

yes and again it's weird that we're saying that non-jews are jews...
yes and again it's weird that we're saying that non-jews are jews...

All of those above are part or wholly Jewish
All of those above are part or wholly Jewish

but you said they don't practise judaism; I'm not part christian just because my ancestors practised christianity.
but you said they don't practise judaism; I'm not part christian just because my ancestors practised christianity.

Yes but you seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding of what Jews are. Judaism is a religion, but people can also be Jewish in ethnicity and culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizrahi_Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephardi_Jews
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes but you seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding of what Jews are. Judaism is a religion, but people can also be Jewish in ethnicity and culture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizrahi_Jews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephardi_Jews

not really, I'm just disagreeing with you. I've already seen these "different types of jews"; two of them are white (e.g. the first being white like einstein, and the second being like spinoza) and the other being slightly tanned, meaning that there's no "jewish race", not just because it's a silly concept, but in terms of ethnicity it doesn't make that much sense when there are so many different christian ethnicities or "races" yet we don't all label them "christian by race", e.g. stretching from places like the philippines to kenya to north america
not really, I'm just disagreeing with you. I've already seen these "different types of jews"; two of them are white (e.g. the first being white like einstein, and the second being like spinoza) and the other being slightly tanned, meaning that there's no "jewish race", not just because it's a silly concept, but in terms of ethnicity it doesn't make that much sense when there are so many different christian ethnicities or "races" yet we don't all label them "christian by race", e.g. stretching from places like the philippines to kenya to north america

Ok I never said there is a 'Jewish race'. Jewish is an ethnicity(s) however. That is not a disputable fact. There people I know who are Jewish atheists. Jews are no less an ethnicity than the Irish are an ethnicity, yet in Northern Ireland, Catholic and Irish are often used interchangeably. This does not mean that there are not non-Catholic Irish people and non-Irish Catholics.

http://forward.com/articles/155742/jews-are-a-race-genes-reveal/?p=all (what this article refers to as race, I would actually call ethnicity but that's splitting hairs)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest