The Student Room Group

Water or squash first when making squash drinks?

Scroll to see replies

I usually put water then squash, but I'm one of the ones that puts milk in my mug before the water when making tea :u:
Reply 41
A tiny amount of squash, then top up with water. Nothing more than a hint of squash flavour.
Reply 42
Squash first. you can see how much squash your putting in.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
:P , tried it that way once. Didn't end up well :frown:

What happened? too much water? Not enough space?

Original post by Neuth
Squash first, then water, because otherwise I get all confused with how much of each I've put in and have to start again :redface:

I only have tried it water first once(In the photo by Puddles earlier in this thread) and it looks cool but is risky,. I only hjust had enough room for squash. and it's tough to gauge how strong it is whilst pouring.

Original post by bumblebee342
I usually put water then squash, but I'm one of the ones that puts milk in my mug before the water when making tea :u:

:colonhash:

What type of crazyness is in your beverage making?

Original post by miser
A tiny amount of squash, then top up with water. Nothing more than a hint of squash flavour.

You're one of those? Think we definitely need a "How strong do you like your squash?" thread as others earlier in the thread say they use a 1:2 ratio of water:squash. :eek:
Reply 44
Original post by Motorbiker
You're one of those? Think we definitely need a "How strong do you like your squash?" thread as others earlier in the thread say they use a 1:2 ratio of water:squash. :eek:

Yeah, those people are mental. 1:50 sounds about right.
I only drink blood
Reply 46
Original post by bumblebee342

Reply 47

I only have tried it water first once(In the photo by Puddles earlier in this thread) and it looks cool but is risky,. I only hjust had enough room for squash. and it's tough to gauge how strong it is whilst pouring.

Yeah, exactly - I've tried water first a couple of times, but I just hate the way that you never know a) how much squash you've put in and b) how much room you should leave for the squash :lol:

I think most people have a sort of, set measure, of squash that they use every time, do you know what I mean?
Like, you know what you like, so that's the amount you use - pouring it in to start with is easier, because you can put in that exact amount :yep:
Putting water in first would just confuse me, and then I'd end up with squash that's either too weak or too strong.
Do you guys have orders to just create as many dull, unoffensive threads as is physically possible?
:colonhash:

What type of crazyness is in your beverage making?

:awesome: I never really thought about it. Didn't realise I was being different till I read the comments on these threads!

Original post by Wee.Guy

:colone:
Original post by Neuth
Yeah, exactly - I've tried water first a couple of times, but I just hate the way that you never know a) how much squash you've put in and b) how much room you should leave for the squash :lol:

I think most people have a sort of, set measure, of squash that they use every time, do you know what I mean?
Like, you know what you like, so that's the amount you use - pouring it in to start with is easier, because you can put in that exact amount :yep:
Putting water in first would just confuse me, and then I'd end up with squash that's either too weak or too strong.

Yea, i know what you mean, i tend to aim for roughly 1cm deep of squash in my usual glass. slightly taller in glassesd with a tinner base. find i often get the strenght wrong when in other sized glasses.

Original post by Huskaris
Do you guys have orders to just create as many dull, unoffensive threads as is physically possible?

No but if 50 people want to join in and post it can't be that dull? Unoffensive is good though. Glad i didn't offend anyone without access to squash.
Yea but what happens when you accidentally put in too much squash then don't realise until the glass is full. :frown:

You then either have to drink weird strong squash until you can add more water or have to throw some away to make space.

#firstworldproblems

Find a bigger cup/glass, then add more water.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Yea, i know what you mean, i tend to aim for roughly 1cm deep of squash in my usual glass. slightly taller in glassesd with a tinner base. find i often get the strenght wrong when in other sized glasses.

Yeah :yep: Pouring the squash in after the water just baffles me :lol:

Glad i didn't offend anyone without access to squash.

:rofl:
Squash first, then water. I know exactly when to stop adding squash/water as my preferred amounts line up to the patterns on my glasses plus I don't have to stir the mixture, the tap does that for me, win-win.

I don't see why you'd do it any other way? It's like putting milk in your bowl first and then your cornflakes, madness
Reply 54
Also, me and puddles literally just went and made some squash in TSR Towers to take photos for her "water first makes the water look cool" idea.

Is TSR towers real? And if so do you have to be a mod to get in??
But squash first then water its just easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put in squash first so that the force of the tap water stirs up the drink, giving it an even flavour without the use of the middle man to stir (spoon)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymοοse
Squash first, then water. I know exactly when to stop adding squash/water as my preferred amounts line up to the patterns on my glasses plus I don't have to stir the mixture, the tap does that for me, win-win.

I don't see why you'd do it any other way? It's like putting milk in your bowl first and then your cornflakes, madness

Makes sense! :yep:

If you want to know how many TSRians put in their milk before their cereal then make a thread on it with a poll! :tongue:

Original post by Aph
Is TSR towers real? And if so do you have to be a mod to get in??
But squash first then water its just easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSr towers is real yes. The address is at the bottom of the website(when on the PC). you can take a walk around on google streetview. http://tiny.cc/TSRtowers will take you to the streetview of the office.

I'm there atm doing community team work along with puddles, she-ra and Captain Jack. :yep: Mods come down sometimes for meetings/socials and there's going to be lots of them here on results day!
Reply 57
I do both. Not at the same time, but sometimes I do squash first and others squash last

Posted from TSR Mobile
Squash first, then water. Then you can see from how much squash you put in how much water is needed to make it at the strength you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't add water to my squash

Quick Reply

Latest