The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I submitted my application on February 17th - I was updating an order of my choices for a few times in June but the "Date Submitted" has remained 17 Feb - and got my unconditional offer on 9 July, however I'm still waiting for allocating. Do you think it's absolutely normal and I should just wait? :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by penepi
I submitted my application on February 17th - I was updating an order of my choices for a few times in June but the "Date Submitted" has remained 17 Feb - and got my unconditional offer on 9 July, however I'm still waiting for allocating. Do you think it's absolutely normal and I should just wait? :smile:

that's normal - you have nothing to worry about! as you're unconditional, they should get to you in a week or two :smile:
Reply 62
Just got my room allocation through and I got my first choice!! Can't believe how quick that was :biggrin: Good luck to all you guys as well <3
Reply 63
Anyone in Colum Hall / House 1 / First Floor / Flat 4 ?
Reply 64
Has everyone who has heard about their accommodation got their first choice? Or have they been second choice etc?
Original post by brigantes
this might clear things up for people who applied early, and are unconditional, but still haven't had their offer.

they are going through applications in sections of first choices. i mean, they will have a big list of everyone who chose colum hall for their first choice, in order of the date they applied, and then they go down that list. then they will go down a list of everyone who put aberconway hall first.

i don't know which order they are doing the residences in, but hopefully this should explain why some people who applied later are being allocated than people who applied earlier.

But then everyone unconditional who put Talybont South first should have heard, as people have been allocated for there already, and they haven't!
Original post by Mojojojo
But then everyone unconditional who put Talybont South first should have heard, as people have been allocated for there already, and they haven't!

maybe it's more like they're doing a bit of one list and then a bit of another, just to even things out
Reply 67
Original post by katieellen
Just accepted Colum hall, anyone else living there? Going to be on the first floor!

Me! Which flat are you in?
Reply 68
Original post by vld19

I'm in column hall house 2 though!
Reply 69
Got mine today : D anyone else in Talybont Court?
Has anyone been placed who applied later than the 15th of May?

No worries, been placed now - House 18!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ienzo
Got mine today : D anyone else in Talybont Court?

I am. House 3. Fifth floor.
Reply 72
Found out yesterday I'm in Taly South, house 19:smile: It just got very real, cannot wait to move in now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
I found out this morning that I got Taly South too! How far away are we if I'm in House 17?
Reply 74
Original post by Dayle234
I found out this morning that I got Taly South too! How far away are we if I'm in House 17?

I haven't got a clue haha, assume they're pretty close!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by vld19
I got an offer for Colum Hall today. What bothers me is that it's on the ground floor. Do you think that they can change it just a floor up if I call them?

Did you end up getting it changed?? Same thing happened to me and I've just email them back!
Reply 76
Original post by lss95
Did you end up getting it changed?? Same thing happened to me and I've just email them back!

Yup :wink: They changed it. I called them the day after I got the initial offer and explained that I have some concerns about the security on the ground floor. They said that the allocation process, as it has already been stated here, goes from the highest floor down to the ground floor so there is a little chance that there will be a free room on an upper floor. They were only able to offer me a male-only room on the 2nd floor. I also asked if there were non-ground-floor rooms available for my 2nd choice - Talybont South. They said that there were and I could call them back until the end of the day to tell them if I wanted a room there, and so I did. However, I received an email later that day that a room on the 1st floor has become available at Colum Hall. I called them the next day and not long after I got my offer for that room.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vld19

Colum hall , house 1, ground floor! :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by ironlion11
Colum hall , house 1, ground floor! :smile:

Flat 2, Room 3?
Original post by vld19
Flat 2, Room 3?

Ground Floor Flat 1 Room 4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending