The Student Room Group

What was your hardest A-level exam and why?

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel 6BI05 :sad: looking at the mark scheme did not help how awful I felt it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths- C4 with the WJEC exam board... that paper was definitely HIV infected! Worst exam I've had by a mile!

What was your hardest A-level exam (A2 or AS)?

C3/C4. I find mental maths easy and all simple maths had always been easy. I got to C3/C4 and dropped from 90% to 60.

It was just too much "Learn all of these weird intergration rules and trig identities" for me.
Biology killed me. So badly :erm:
OCR Physics. Unit G485.

That paper ended me.
Unit 1 Accounting :frown:
I love how people instinctively reply with the paper codes :cool:
Physics Unit 4, PHYA4 for AQA. I don't want to talk about it, I never want to talk about it.
English Language. It was the definition of scraping the barrel.
Further Maths for me

A2 that is (did FP2, FP3 and M3...did M2 too but that was fine). AS was pretty easy.
Original post by usycool1
Further Maths for me

A2 that is (did FP2, FP3 and M3...did M2 too but that was fine). AS was pretty easy.

Edexcel right?

FP2 and FP3 were more difficult than past years :frown:
FP1 June 14...didnt even think the paper was that bad, i just screwed up :frown:
Reply 32
Edexcel Bio 5 was the hardest one for me.
Reply 33
Edexcel FP2 Mathematics.

Question 6 was ambiguous, and cost me 10 marks a a result of me attempting to answer what the question actually asked me to do, and not answered the question based on the expectations I have from similar questions I answered during the revision period (I checked that I am right about this using Arsey's mark schemes).

I did better during FP3, but unfortunately I was just getting over a headcold that day and was dosed up on Paracetomol, but I was dizzy as hell :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Slowbro93
Biology killed me. So badly :erm:

Someone in my exam room was doing Biology, and at the end of the time, he said to the invigilator that he "spent 90 minutes starting at the page and did not answer a single question", before leaving very quickly.

There's doing badly, and then there's this.
Original post by VannR
Edexcel FP2 Mathematics.

Question 6 was ambiguous, and cost me 10 marks a a result of me attempting to answer what the question actually asked me to do, and not answered the question based on the expectations I have from similar questions I answered during the revision period (I checked that I am right about this using Arsey's mark schemes).

I did better during FP3, but unfortunately I was just getting over a headcold that day and was dosed up on Paracetomol, but I was dizzy as hell :s-smilie:

It's unfortunate that you lost all ten marks! I agree though, it was ambiguous and a very odd question.

What raw mark are you hoping for on FP3?
fp3 could have been much better as well as phya4
Original post by alexmufc1995
Edexcel right?

FP2 and FP3 were more difficult than past years :frown:

Indeed! :sadnod:

FP2 was OKish for me until I got to the transformations question (and I made a couple of stupid errors elsewhere). I couldn't do the first easy part for some reason (didn't read that y = x :facepalm:) but I knew how to do the second, harder part as I practised those types of questions...so I just said "If I had an answer to part a), I'd do..." :teehee:

And let's not even talk about FP3, worst paper I've ever done :facepalm: :tongue:
Original post by usycool1
Indeed! :sadnod:

FP2 was OKish for me until I got to the transformations question (and I made a couple of stupid errors elsewhere). I couldn't do the first easy part for some reason (didn't read that y = x :facepalm:) but I knew how to do the second, harder part as I practised those types of questions...so I just said "If I had an answer to part a), I'd do..." :teehee:

And let's not even talk about FP3, worst paper I've ever done :facepalm: :tongue:

aha I managed to scrape myself through part a, then (with a minute left) separate into real and imaginary before running out of ideas - hopefully should get me 7 out of 10 available :P

FP3 was really tough, I wouldn't worry about it. I was consistently getting 70+ on past papers, but I'd snap your hand off if you offered me 65 right now!
Hmmmm...

Probably G481/2 for what it was. Hopefully will be my best subject though.

Quick Reply

Latest