The Student Room Group

Why does TSR allow racism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n00
What and get this kind of condescending response? What's the point?

You had an openly fascist and racist mod on here not that long ago. Clearly you're not at all interested in evidence.

No, I tend to treat people that are helping the mod team with a great deal of courtesy. If it's reported to us (and there is basis to it) then we'll investigate and act where necessary.
Reply 61
Original post by Mad Vlad
No, I tend to treat people that are helping the mod team with a great deal of courtesy. If it's reported to us (and there is basis to it) then we'll investigate and act where necessary.

So what on earth happened with that openly fascist and racist mod? How did you miss it? Pretty sure i reported it at the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Oh ****. I've woken up and I've turned brown....

We're just front men, duh :wink:

There was also a black mod until he left the mod team

And he was an awesome mod :emo:
Original post by n00
So what on earth happened with that openly fascist and racist mod? How did you miss it? Pretty sure i reported it at the time.

I actually have no idea who you're on about (and this isn't the place for this discussion as it's potentially libellous).
Reply 64
Original post by Mad Vlad
this isn't the place for this discussion as it's potentially libellous.

:rofl: Hows that? Is this a threat?
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't - racist posts are dealt with as and when they are seen. I think the issue is more where the line is drawn - certainly in d&ca we're damned if we do and damned if we don't - we remove threads and we're accused of censoring peoples opinions, if we leave it and that develops into discriminatory posts we're accused of giving a platform to bigots - where do you draw the line in allowing proper debate without letting offensive posts crop up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
if we don't - we remove threads and we're accused of censoring peoples opinions

No ****. You are censoring their opinions, their racist opinions, whats wrong with that?
Original post by n00
No ****. You are censoring their opinions, their racist opinions, whats wrong with that?

Because what one person calls 'racist' another person sees as their right to express their opinion. It's almost never black and white. I would say a few of the posts I've read recently in D&CA have been offensive and anti-Semitic and have reported them. I am also open to the fact that another pair of eyes might see them as okay.
Original post by n00
:rofl: Hows that? Is this a threat?

No? :curious:
Reply 69
Original post by Autistic Merit
Because what one person calls 'racist' another person sees as their right to express their opinion. It's almost never black and white. I would say a few of the posts I've read recently in D&CA have been offensive and anti-Semitic and have reported them. I am also open to the fact that another pair of eyes might see them as okay.

Sure, but hey they will happily remove some pretty petty stuff so not sure what the big issue is with borderline racist posts, just needs a little common sense.

No idea why this is still there. SpikeyTeeth has made a number of anti-semitic posts, seems pretty clear what the aim was with this.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48507597&am%E2%80%8Bp;highlight=camel%20joke
Original post by n00
Sure, but hey they will happily remove some pretty petty stuff so not sure what the big issue is with borderline racist posts, just needs a little common sense.

No idea why this is still there. SpikeyTeeth has made a number of anti-semitic posts, seems pretty clear what the aim was with this.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48507597&am%E2%80%8Bp;highlight=camel%20joke

Yes I agree that joke is out of order although I also would not be happy with one of the replies calling the OP a 'bellend' either.
Original post by n00

Every day there are threads about Jews having too much power, Jews controlling the Western world, Jews being behind the West's poor relations with Russia and/or Syria. These things are separate from the Palestine debate (which many people have a legitimate interest in) and should be shut down as soon as they arise.

The moderator reaction is so slow.
Reply 72
Original post by yo radical one
Every day there are threads about Jews having too much power, Jews controlling the Western world, Jews being behind the West's poor relations with Russia and/or Syria. These things are separate from the Palestine debate (which many people have a legitimate interest in) and should be shut down as soon as they arise.

The moderator reaction is so slow.

I agree.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2747193&p=48723335#post48723335

Or this thread, even if the posters are banned, the material they have created is allowed to remain
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2747193&p=48723335#post48723335

Or this thread, even if the posters are banned, the material they have created is allowed to remain

To be fair, I don't think anyone has reported the posts so they tend to stay.

I did report this, which is exactly what the mods tell us to do
Reply 76

The one I linked has, apparently it's ok because they used a question mark.
I did report this, which is exactly what the mods tell us to do

I'd report it myself but I've submitted so many reports today it would look better if I didn't! :ahee:
I'd report it myself but I've submitted so many reports today it would look better if I didn't! :ahee:

I take the opposite approach, keep reporting (4 only today for example) and eventually the mods will see that investigating and dealing with these neo-Nazis, every single time they make a new alt is a waste of their time and be forced to actually take drastic action.

Totally within TSR's rules :dontknow:
Reply 79
I take the opposite approach, keep reporting (4 only today for example) and eventually the mods will see that investigating and dealing with these neo-Nazis, every single time they make a new alt is a waste of their time and be forced to actually take drastic action.

Totally within TSR's rules :dontknow:

I find if you keep reporting you start getting a few extra warnings yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending