The Student Room Group

What are the easiest A Levels to do?

Hi guys. I am doing Bio and Chem next year. My original plan was to do RS and Psychology with it, however researching what you need for medicine which are 3 A's at A Level I have decided to do 3. Now I don't know which A Level to do as a 3rd option..

RS - if I'm quite honest I was very unconfident at GCSE but I always got good grades - B/ or above
Psychology - I've never done before but I found it really interesting at the tasters. However - some universities like Cambridge and Oxford class this as a soft subject and don't accept it when doing medicine.

I'm now considering doing History - it is something that I enjoyed doing at GCSE but I don't know if I will be able to to get an A in..

I just want to do an 'easy' A Level.. Something that with no doubt I will definitely I can get an A in..

Please let me know

Thanks guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Are you good at Maths?
Do maths, I've heard Philosophy is hard and History is even harder
Maths is a joke. You can do C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1 easily in under a month. ****ing joke

I strongly recommend doing a 4th AS. You stand no chance with 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm good at maths but I'm not good remembering how to do things.. And what do you mean I have no chance with 3?
Reply 5
What about sociology guys?
economics is piss.
Original post by Aleenaa
I'm good at maths but I'm not good remembering how to do things.. And what do you mean I have no chance with 3?

If you're planning to apply for medicine then you should really do 4ASs and then 3A2s. It's competitive as it is with many candidates achieving AAAA at AS level. What makes you think they'll pick you over those that do 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Straw-man666
If you're planning to apply for medicine then you should really do 4ASs and then 3A2s. It's competitive as it is with many candidates achieving AAAA at AS level. What makes you think they'll pick you over those that do 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because ive Looked at the websites and you only need a a a to get in..
Reply 9
Original post by Jaska
economics is piss.

Our 6th form doesn't do economics /:
Reply 10
Original post by Aleenaa
What about sociology guys?

I should've picked it
Reply 11
Only doing 3 AS levels suggests (perhaps unfairly) that you are a weaker candidate than someone taking 4 subjects as you have a smaller workload. It also means you have to take all 3 subjects forward to A2 even if you hate one or find it hard.
Reply 12
Psychology is hardly a soft subject...
Oxbridge doesn't accept it as a science for the medicine course because there's not enough biology/ chemistry in the subject. It has some sociology elements and it's essay based so not all universities accept it as a science but psychology is anything but easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by marple
Only doing 3 AS levels suggests (perhaps unfairly) that you are a weaker candidate than someone taking 4 subjects as you have a smaller workload. It also means you have to take all 3 subjects forward to A2 even if you hate one or find it hard.

Right thank you x
R.S is much harder than people would expect it to be. Economics however, is comparable to GCSE level (wonderful subject)
Reply 15
Original post by Izxxx
Psychology is hardly a soft subject...
Oxbridge doesn't accept it as a science for the medicine course because there's not enough biology/ chemistry in the subject. It has some sociology elements and it's essay based so not all universities accept it as a science but psychology is anything but easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you <3
Reply 16
Original post by jimbo007
R.S is much harder than people would expect it to be. Economics however, is comparable to GCSE level (wonderful subject)

i cant do economics because our 6th form doesn't allow it.. I'm now thinking of doing sociology and psychology?
Original post by Aleenaa
i cant do economics because our 6th form doesn't allow it.. I'm now thinking of doing sociology and psychology?

Oh, I've heard psychology is hard (apparently theres massive course content, but that depends on the exam board you take it with). Both subjects I think would be really interesting, if I were you I'd pick the one you think you will enjoy most- you'll probably end up with a better grade
Reply 18
Hi
Have you also looked into all the "extra" stuff you need to do for medicine? It can take longer than you think to find suitable volunteering opportunities and you need to have shown a reasonable level of commitment by the time you apply.

http://www.medicalcareers.nhs.uk/considering_medicine/work_experience/volunteering.aspx

good luck
Reply 19
Original post by Straw-man666
Maths is a joke. You can do C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1 easily in under a month. ****ing joke

I strongly recommend doing a 4th AS. You stand no chance with 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. Did you, personally study an entire A-Level in Mathematics in a single month?

Quick Reply

Latest