The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Ddn't meet the conditional; leeds mathematics 14/15

I am an international student applying to Leeds Mathematics BSc for year 14/15. Conditional was a 9 in math (I got a 10, which is the highest possible) and 90% at state exam, where I got 86%. So what are the chances, that I still get accepted? I reckon, that there are not so many places at this programme, because I got the highest conditional amongst other people from my country applying to Leeds. Thank you for replies (:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends. I personally think Maths at Leeds is quite popular (I'm a Maths Joint Honours applicant). However, I think you've got a good chance of being accepted. When will you find out? Have you checked track?
All the best :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by jelmes96
It depends. I personally think Maths at Leeds is quite popular (I'm a Maths Joint Honours applicant). However, I think you've got a good chance of being accepted. When will you find out? Have you checked track?
All the best :smile:

Got a reply from uni and I got in!! Super excited to be there in September. Thinking of studying Maths with Bio if there is an opportunity. What are you going to study?)
Reply 3
Original post by n_doroshenko96
Got a reply from uni and I got in!! Super excited to be there in September. Thinking of studying Maths with Bio if there is an opportunity. What are you going to study?)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smile:
I shall be studying Maths and French BSc. I won't find out whether I got in until the 14th of August on results day. However, I only need an A in Maths and a B in French which should be easy! What accommodation you staying in?
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :smile:
I shall be studying Maths and French BSc. I won't find out whether I got in until the 14th of August on results day. However, I only need an A in Maths and a B in French which should be easy! What accommodation you staying in?

Thank you!! :smile: I hope that I will be able to take French as an extra course. Are you from the UK? I am hoping for Central Village, but chances are quite slim. What about you?
Reply 5
Thank you!! :smile: I hope that I will be able to take French as an extra course. Are you from the UK? I am hoping for Central Village, but chances are quite slim. What about you?

Yes, I'm hoping for Central Village also, but there are an extra 500 rooms this year! :smile: and yes, of course XD
Yes, I'm hoping for Central Village also, but there are an extra 500 rooms this year! :smile: and yes, of course XD

I think there are about 1000 rooms total now )
Reply 7
Hey, I have the same problem
I am an international student and I didn't reach the conditions of my offer (I got less of what was asked as a general average, but I got higher grades in the specific subjects)
I have already called the university and sent them a letter to see if they still could secure me a place but haven't got an answer yet
I'm going to call them again now but what are the odds they'll still accept me?
Reply 8
Original post by grosseban
Hey, I have the same problem
I am an international student and I didn't reach the conditions of my offer (I got less of what was asked as a general average, but I got higher grades in the specific subjects)
I have already called the university and sent them a letter to see if they still could secure me a place but haven't got an answer yet
I'm going to call them again now but what are the odds they'll still accept me?

1) What course have you applied for?
2) Were you close?
3) Have you checked your status on UCAS track or your e-mails?
Reply 9
1) What course have you applied for?
2) Were you close?
3) Have you checked your status on UCAS track or your e-mails?

1) Economics and history
2) I missed the overall average by 1,5%
3) Yes and nothing..
1) Economics and history
2) I missed the overall average by 1,5%
3) Yes and nothing..

I think that you will still get in judging by my situation. Just wait patiently for uni's reply. Good luck!
I think that you will still get in judging by my situation. Just wait patiently for uni's reply. Good luck!

Thanks, I hope so!
May I ask you what was the exam you passed?
Thanks, I hope so!

You should phone them or e-mail them.
You should phone them or e-mail them.

I just phoned them
I just phoned them

And they said?
Thanks, I hope so!

It was a state exam, which all of people in my country pass after 12 years in school.
And they said?

I got an e-mail following the phone call yesterday telling me that they have to get in touch with the economics department to see if it's ok to accept me
I still haven't heard back from them
What should I do?

Yes, I got in!
I'm just waiting for UCAS to update my application now

Quick Reply

Latest