The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dralcon
I just skimmed through the 2013 results day thread and i could feel the nerves of everybody waiting and the euphoria of the people who received their good results. There are going to be so many feels this year :biggrin:

THE FEELS WILL BE REAL.. like my rhyming skills :biggrin:
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Hey, what did I do?!

July 22nd.
Original post by TheFOMaster
July 22nd.

What?
11 days soon guys! not long left...
Original post by mathsisannoying
11 days soon guys! not long left...

Ahhhh 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile
11 days!! :s-smilie:
I'm hoping for AAAA or AAABB in my highers, I've sat English, History, Geography, Chemistry and Biology. I got AAAAA in my prelims and I reckon I've maybe got AAAAB in my exams, my chemistry paper was a horror I thought. Hopefully if I get the grades I'll apply to Glasgow to do History and Geography as a joint degree or History and Theology not sure yet!

Hope all you guys get what you deserve and what you would like :smile:

P.S Anyone doing AH English, AH History or H RMPS next year?
Original post by MartinLaird
I'm hoping for AAAA or AAABB in my highers, I've sat English, History, Geography, Chemistry and Biology. I got AAAAA in my prelims and I reckon I've maybe got AAAAB in my exams, my chemistry paper was a horror I thought. Hopefully if I get the grades I'll apply to Glasgow to do History and Geography as a joint degree or History and Theology not sure yet!

Hope all you guys get what you deserve and what you would like :smile:

P.S Anyone doing AH English, AH History or H RMPS next year?

Good luck! Sounds like you'll do well :smile: I'm doing AH English

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only just realised how soon results are and I'm so so nervous :frown: I'm waiting for my 5th year results - I did Highers in maths, English, history, human biology and French. I was hoping to apply for Oxbridge so AAAAA would be ideal but I really don't know if I've managed that at all...I think I'd be happy with AAABB at least and then I'd still meet the requirements for unis like Edinburgh etc. Need an A in maths though!
goodluck everyone, starting countdown on here 11 days to go!!
Original post by claclaire
I only just realised how soon results are and I'm so so nervous :frown: I'm waiting for my 5th year results - I did Highers in maths, English, history, human biology and French. I was hoping to apply for Oxbridge so AAAAA would be ideal but I really don't know if I've managed that at all...I think I'd be happy with AAABB at least and then I'd still meet the requirements for unis like Edinburgh etc. Need an A in maths though!

What course do you want to study?
Original post by Pennyarcade
What course do you want to study?

Biological sciences! I know my highers don't look particularly sciencey but I'm picking up higher chemistry and physics in 6th year as well as advanced higher maths and biology. What are you hoping to do??
Not from you anyway. Your banter scores a solid 4/10

Apply cold water to the burned area

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm nervous as hell I just don't want to let myself down, I hope the email comes at midnight

Also I want good results so I get unconditionals and there's no pressure this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Biological sciences! I know my highers don't look particularly sciencey but I'm picking up higher chemistry and physics in 6th year as well as advanced higher maths and biology. What are you hoping to do??

Ah, there seems to be quite a few people wanting to do something biology related on here :tongue:
Im hoping to study Medicine :cool:
Ah, there seems to be quite a few people wanting to do something biology related on here :tongue:
Im hoping to study Medicine :cool:

Yeah it does seem quite a popular one :smile: ooh cool, which unis are you applying for?
Yeah it does seem quite a popular one :smile: ooh cool, which unis are you applying for?

I think Im going for St Andies, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, but that may change after I get my ukcat score :grumble:

What about yourself?
I think Im going for St Andies, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee, but that may change after I get my ukcat score :grumble:

What about yourself?

Yeah, besides possibly Oxford or Cambridge, I'm pretty much going for the same ones - although I am wavering between Dundee and Aberdeen as my 5th, what made you choose Dundee if you don't mind my asking? But it makes sense to stay in Scotland really :biggrin: Have you already sat the ukcat??
Yeah, besides possibly Oxford or Cambridge, I'm pretty much going for the same ones - although I am wavering between Dundee and Aberdeen as my 5th, what made you choose Dundee if you don't mind my asking? But it makes sense to stay in Scotland really :biggrin: Have you already sat the ukcat??

Ohhh nice, Oxbridge looks sweet :biggrin:
The way that the course is taught more than anything. I havent actually visited Aberdeen uni yet so perhaps it is unfair for me to rule it out just yet :tongue:
No, Im sitting it 3 days after results day ( :puke: ) so that week is either going to be the best or worst ever for me.
Ohhh nice, Oxbridge looks sweet :biggrin:
The way that the course is taught more than anything. I havent actually visited Aberdeen uni yet so perhaps it is unfair for me to rule it out just yet :tongue:
No, Im sitting it 3 days after results day ( :puke: ) so that week is either going to be the best or worst ever for me.

goood luck!!! :smile:

Quick Reply