The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Still not heard from Brighton - met conditional!

Hey guys.

So it's getting pretty close to crunch time and everyone is starting to get offers; but I've not heard anything from the university since I was given my conditional a number of months ago.

I exceeded the conditional offer requirements, and as far as i can tell I don't need to send anything off to them (At least not by my ucas and letters.) and nothing appears to be able to be done online through ucas either.

Am I needlessly panicking here? Are offers still going out? I've attempted to email the university, but to no avail as of yet.

Cheers in advance!
Don't we have to wait until results day ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by ADAOBI123
Don't we have to wait until results day ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly; but i'm a mature student, and those in my class (who finished a number of months ago, and got results equally quickly.) had their start dates and reading lists / confirmations a number of weeks ago.

It could just be different uni's sending them at different times, and i'm getting confused. But i'd rather ask and make sure, hah.
Original post by UtterlyRelevant
Possibly; but i'm a mature student, and those in my class (who finished a number of months ago, and got results equally quickly.) had their start dates and reading lists / confirmations a number of weeks ago.

It could just be different uni's sending them at different times, and i'm getting confused. But i'd rather ask and make sure, hah.

Did you do an access course by chance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you do an access course by chance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed I did.
Reply 5
Hey guys.

So it's getting pretty close to crunch time and everyone is starting to get offers; but I've not heard anything from the university since I was given my conditional a number of months ago.

I exceeded the conditional offer requirements, and as far as i can tell I don't need to send anything off to them (At least not by my ucas and letters.) and nothing appears to be able to be done online through ucas either.

Am I needlessly panicking here? Are offers still going out? I've attempted to email the university, but to no avail as of yet.

Cheers in advance!

Your university should have your results now if you did access or BTEC. I did BTEC and had my place confirmed last week. Some people in my class are still waiting, I think that some universities probably hold out untill results day to make your offer unconditional at the same time as A level students but try calling to make sure.
Indeed I did.

Okay. I'm in the same position too. I sent off my transcripts on Friday. I guess its too soon.

Which course did you apply for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay. I'm in the same position too. I sent off my transcripts on Friday. I guess its too soon.

Which course did you apply for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied Psychology & Criminology, yourself?

alapa
Your university should have your results now if you did access or BTEC. I did BTEC and had my place confirmed last week. Some people in my class are still waiting, I think that some universities probably hold out untill results day to make your offer unconditional at the same time as A level students but try calling to make sure.

Yeah that's my reason of slight concern, class mates got offers rather long time ago. I'll try giving them a call if needs be though, good shout.
Applied Psychology & Criminology, yourself?

Pharmacy :smile:
Bump, any chance the actual Uni Account could shed some light here? :s
Bump, any chance the actual Uni Account could shed some light here? :s

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I understand where your concern is coming from but don't panic. Different courses sometimes get back to people at different times so the best thing to do would be to call us on 01273 600 900. It would also be worth double-checking your contact preferences too, to make sure we have your correct email address etc.

All the best
Elle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending