The Student Room Group

RE GCSE exam

Who done the edexcel re exam for gcse this year? How did you guys do and do you think the grade boundaries should be made lower?

Scroll to see replies

I did the Edexcel rs exam this year and found it really easy. I know over the last couple of years loads of people at my school got A's and A*'s in it even if they were only C grade students in other subjects. So no i don't think they'll do anything with the boundaries they tend not to interfere with rs.
Reply 2
Original post by amelimoo
I did the Edexcel rs exam this year and found it really easy. I know over the last couple of years loads of people at my school got A's and A*'s in it even if they were only C grade students in other subjects. So no i don't think they'll do anything with the boundaries they tend not to interfere with rs.

I'm just worried because i really wanted an A but I missed a few questions on the first paper :frown:
Original post by JC_Costales
I'm just worried because i really wanted an A but I missed a few questions on the first paper :frown:

Don't worry about it! I did exactly the same (ran out of time in my first exam and left 4 questions blank) but my teacher said it would be absolutely find as long as you answered the other exam really well. I'm aiming for an A as well :smile:
Reply 4
Don't worry about it! I did exactly the same (ran out of time in my first exam and left 4 questions blank) but my teacher said it would be absolutely find as long as you answered the other exam really well. I'm aiming for an A as well :smile:

Which units did you do? I did unit 3 and unit 10
Which units did you do? I did unit 3 and unit 10

Same! Catholic Christianity.. I really enjoyed unit 3 and hated unit 10!!
Reply 6
Same! Catholic Christianity.. I really enjoyed unit 3 and hated unit 10!!

I missed 3 of the 3 mark questions in unit 3 and answered all of the questions in unit 10
I missed 3 of the 3 mark questions in unit 3 and answered all of the questions in unit 10

You'll be absolutely fine!! I left out an 8marker!!
Reply 8
You'll be absolutely fine!! I left out an 8marker!!

Which section?...... and you said you missed 4 questions? damn... so an 8 marker? I done that for edexcel geography 2014
Which section?...... and you said you missed 4 questions? damn... so an 8 marker? I done that for edexcel geography 2014

Unit 10 messed up big time, I was really upset at the time but then my RS teacher went through the grade boundaries and reassured me that I was fine and I could still get an A
Unit 10 messed up big time, I was really upset at the time but then my RS teacher went through the grade boundaries and reassured me that I was fine and I could still get an A

I'm worried about my geography, english lit and this...... are you sure? they don't really change the grade boundaries for RS
I'm worried about my geography, english lit and this...... are you sure? they don't really change the grade boundaries for RS

Yeah the grade boundaries seem to be really low and they never change so we should be fine! English lit is so hard to gauge your grade though!! At least geography and English have the coursework element as well
Yeah the grade boundaries seem to be really low and they never change so we should be fine! English lit is so hard to gauge your grade though!! At least geography and English have the coursework element as well

It was 71 and 72 to get an A in unit 3 and 10 last year...... I have an A* in Geography coursework and an A in English coursework. Btw, are you a boy or a girl?

I'm really worried though because I really need As and A*s for GCSE because I wanna do medicine in university :mad:
It was 71 and 72 to get an A in unit 3 and 10 last year...... I have an A* in Geography coursework and an A in English coursework. Btw, are you a boy or a girl?

I'm really worried though because I really need As and A*s for GCSE because I wanna do medicine in university :mad:

I'm a girl, you still should be fine and wow! Good luck! There's no way I would ever get the grades to be a doctor.
I'm a girl, you still should be fine and wow! Good luck! There's no way I would ever get the grades to be a doctor.

Fingers crossed!!

I think I want to be a volcanologist, a teacher or a police officer atm
Fingers crossed!!

I think I want to be a volcanologist, a teacher or a police officer atm

Not decided?
Not decided?

No not really, there's loads of interesting careers out there I just don't know which one suits me best, wbu?
No not really, there's loads of interesting careers out there I just don't know which one suits me best, wbu?

Just realised you already said what you want to do!
Just realised you already said what you want to do!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! But, it depends on my GCSEs so you know...... Good Luck on results day btw

Quick Reply

Latest