The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Starting next year

Reply 1
Sorry forgot to write the description. Basically I've applied for uni next year and I was wondering if I could change my start date to 2015. I've already applied for student finance of and signed the declaration aswell. What do I need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by yaboosh
Sorry forgot to write the description. Basically I've applied for uni next year and I was wondering if I could change my start date to 2015. I've already applied for student finance of and signed the declaration aswell. What do I need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Thanks for your question.

Assuming that you've not already deferred from 2013 to 2014 entry (you can only defer once), you can in principle defer from 2014 entry to 2015 entry.

You confirm this, you need to speak to your department directly, this is best done by emailing them requesting to defer and providing a brief explanation. The department aren't obliged to allow it, but usually will, we try to be as accommodating as possible. You've not mentioned which course you've applied for, let me know and I can give you the contact details.

Just to let you know, we have now gone past the deadline for amending student records, so if you're awaiting your results, the department could agree the deferral, but your UCAS record could not now be changed until results are out and your place is confirmed.

As for student finance, once you've had your deferral confirmed you'll need to contact student finance directly to cancel the application.

Let me know if you need anything else :smile:

Amanda

Quick Reply

Latest