Biology - A
Drama - A
RE - A
History - A
Statistics - B
French - C

SAD!!!!
A2: A* A* A

Fingers crossed, i'd give up Christmas for 5 whole years just to get those results.
Reply 23
Hoping for:
English Lit A (got last year)
English Language A (hopefully)
Maths A* (got last year)
Additional Maths B (the exam was horrid)
Core Science A (got last year)
Add Science A (hopefully, but the biology exam was quite hard)
Triple Science A (again, I'm hopeful, these exams we're too bad)
French A* (it wasn't too bad, my coursework will lower me though :/)
Geography B (my geography teacher only started teaching us the course at the beginning of year 11)
Food Tech A* (I got 100% in coursework and the exam was easy)
ICT A* (Coursework got 79/80 and the exam wasn't too hard)
In Year 10

Expected:

Geography A
History A
RS A*

Wanted:

Geography A*
History A*
RS A* (but I think I'll get an A only)
Original post by amelimoo
Haha I'll be over the moon with either set of results considering I was a D/C grade student at the start of year 10. And yeah I did 5 last year and the rest this year.

Wow! So major improvement .. Well done . And waaaat ur soo lucky u did 5 last year
Original post by Angelo12231
Yeah for Cambridge, though you might have a little trouble with Oxford unfortunately :frown:

How come? If it helps I also have 3 more GCSES in, Core science: A*, Statistics: A, ICT: A.

Are my grades now good enough for Oxford as well ?
Original post by blackorchard_01
Wow! So major improvement .. Well done . And waaaat ur soo lucky u did 5 last year

Yeah haha I was lucky enough to scrape through!

It was compulsory for us to take English language, foundation maths, and media studies in year 10 so worked quite well! Already guaranteed a place at my sixth form as I now have 5 A*-C grades!
Original post by TheEpiphany
How come? If it helps I also have 3 more GCSES in, Core science: A*, Statistics: A, ICT: A.

Are my grades now good enough for Oxford as well ?

LOL where are you getting 11+ grades from?! but yes its enough, don't worry :biggrin: If you see the stats, most people who are accepted have 10+ A*s
LOL where are you getting 11+ grades from?! but yes its enough, don't worry :biggrin: If you see the stats, most people who are accepted have 10+ A*s

That is only for Medicine, I think. The other courses they barely care about GCSES- well atleast Cambridge from what I know.
That is only for Medicine, I think. The other courses they barely care about GCSES- well atleast Cambridge from what I know.

h yeah, in that case 7+ and you should be fine...
h yeah, in that case 7+ and you should be fine...

Yh, hopefully. I am just scared about Business studies- i think i can get an A*. You done business studies edexcel this year?
Yh, hopefully. I am just scared about Business studies- i think i can get an A*. You done business studies edexcel this year?

I did :3 i care not of business studies edexcel :3 an A would do it for me
I've only done two GCSEs so far but the weight of this result will make or break my dream and it's not looking bright.

Prediction:

Chemistry: A
Biology: B

What I think I'll get:

Chemistry: C
Biology: D

Good luck, hopefully you guys will get the grades you wanted. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I did :3 i care not of business studies edexcel :3 an A would do it for me

LOOL true true, but like apparently this exam was slightly harder so just hoping the boundaries decrease a bit ygm ? I mean it is a soft GCSE so an A* would look nice in it. If I get it then i will have 10 A*s hopefully thats enough for Cambridge.
LOOL true true, but like apparently this exam was slightly harder so just hoping the boundaries decrease a bit ygm ? I mean it is a soft GCSE so an A* would look nice in it. If I get it then i will have 10 A*s hopefully thats enough for Cambridge.

You seem to really want to go to cambridge aha :biggrin: May i ask, what course are you willing to do?
What I want:
-maths: A
-statistics: A/A*
-polish: A
-add science: A/A*
-eng Lang: A/A*
-eng lit: A
-history: A*
-music: A/A*
- ICT: B/A
-RE: A
-French: A/A*

what I expect:
-maths: B/A
-statistics: A
-polish: B/A
-add science:B/A
-eng lang: B/A
-eng lit: B
-history: A
-music: B/A
-ICT: B
-Re: B
-French: B
You seem to really want to go to cambridge aha :biggrin: May i ask, what course are you willing to do?

Torn between Engineering or Economics. I will just decide depending on my UMS next year most likely :smile:
What about you? Any future plans about uni ?
Torn between Engineering or Economics. I will just decide depending on my UMS next year most likely :smile:
What about you? Any future plans about uni ?

There's a lot more demand for women in engineering, both courses are very good though! and yes, planning on doing medicine aha... despite my weak GCSEs, I think i've got a fair amount of stuff to compensate. And I'll study wherever, pretty much every uni that does medicine is Russell group.
Reply 39
I remember being in a similar situation 1 year back, I was expecting 9A* 2As, ended up with all 11A* - it all goes to show that you do much better than you think!

Quick Reply

Latest