The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHOO
Most of the media do.

Metro, Independent, Guardian, "Caught offside" LOL

Even sky sports stated that we've agreed a deal for Khadira :/

That didn't come from Sky Sports sources they were basing off a report from the Spanish Newspaper Sport.
Would probably believe transfer rumours written on the door of a pub toilet before the Metro/DM
Happy birthday to a legend. :cake:

Spoiler

Are we actually getting any more signings ? Or are we actually going to stick with Arteta? Who, imo, is a much bigger problem than Giroud.
definetly more signings.. just maybe not the ones we want.

GK and CB seem very very likely, wasnt a GK as good as confirmed the other day?

Just the DM/ST that seems very questionable..
Reply 1565
If vermaelen goes does the captaincy immediately go to arteta? I feel we need a cb definitely now and a DM should be still a priority.
We will certainly get a gk (ospina) and backup cb. I am pretty sure we'll then splash a bit more on a DM/cm and that'll be it. Don't see us signing a striker.
Original post by t()m
If vermaelen goes does the captaincy immediately go to arteta? I feel we need a cb definitely now and a DM should be still a priority.

Not necessarily, typically does not always. Per Mertesacker is 100% the best option for the captaincy, and even if he doesnt get it he is the leader of the team.
Original post by Zürich
Not necessarily, typically does not always. Per Mertesacker is 100% the best option for the captaincy, and even if he doesnt get it he is the leader of the team.

Yes, he is the best without question. He reprimanded Ozil for not going over to the fans at the Etihad, after which Ozil apologised. Ozil could easily have behaved like a child and gone in a mood; the fact that he didn't suggests that Meresacker commands the respect of the players and his leadership qualities are plain to see.
Original post by qwerty_mad
I'm not ruling out buying a DM just yet but it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger is thinking this way. Would be a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by All falls dowwn
In old Arsenal times, this would have happened. Fingers crossed.

It's such a Wengeresque thing to do though, hope he continues to make good signings like we've seen so far..
And Wilshere's so injury prone, would be very risky doing so anyways juss sayin.

Original post by FKLW
:rofl: would love that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Course you would :colonhash:
#Gassedjustcosyoubeatateam7-0.

Original post by little_tom
Sky Sports says we're interested in Nastasic and I would be happy with him.

If we get Nastasic though :ahee:
I've always been a quiet admirer.
Was it said on SSN? Haven't been in all day.
Original post by pane123
Yes, he is the best without question. He reprimanded Ozil for not going over to the fans at the Etihad, after which Ozil apologised. Ozil could easily have behaved like a child and gone in a mood; the fact that he didn't suggests that Meresacker commands the respect of the players and his leadership qualities are plain to see.

Original post by pane123

Yeah that's very true. He's not necessarily a great talker on the pitch but there is definitely a leadership presence that is reassuring I think. What I like most about Per is that he really seems to make an effort to connect with the fans and has a real passion for the team I think. After games he's always the last one(along with Wilshere) to stop applauding the fans etc.

Per just seems like a great guy as well tbh in his interviews, should be proud to have someone like that as captain.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pane123

Or it suggests he didn't want to damage his PR

Was stupid from mertersacker leave it to the changing room ozil got slated in the press because the supposed leader of the team brought attention to something so trivial
Nastasic is 21?? wow, looks older but cool awesome.
Original post by baconbutty
Or it suggests he didn't want to damage his PR

Was stupid from mertersacker leave it to the changing room ozil got slated in the press because the supposed leader of the team brought attention to something so trivial

Do you just make a habit of disagreeing with everything posted here?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nastasic is 21?? wow, looks older but cool awesome.

He is a great talent and reads the game very well for his age. The last season under Mancini I would say he was their best defender, behind only Zabaleta maybe.
Original post by pane123
Do you just make a habit of disagreeing with everything posted here?

No I just apply reasonable logic to a situation
I don't see this Nastasic thingy happening. I so hope it does tho. He reminds me of Terry a few years back. Would be a sensational buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
I don't see this Nastasic thingy happening. I so hope it does tho. He reminds me of Terry a few years back. Would be a sensational buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see it happening either, seems to depend on too many things and with Roma and Inter interested City could easily off-load abroad. Its a shame because technically he is very good, quick and could fit into a high line very easily. The only weakness in his game is his decision-making but that will get better with age.

He does kind of strike me as a mercenary though, dunno why...
Original post by little_tom
He is a great talent and reads the game very well for his age. The last season under Mancini I would say he was their best defender, behind only Zabaleta maybe.

He didn't get a lot of game time last season did he? Him and Javi Garcia? From the outside looking in City doesn't really feel like a 'team' maybe that's why there's reports of several players of theirs leaving... Maybe it's personal issues or something I dunno.

Latest