The Student Room Group

Listening to music in a different language.

Scroll to see replies

In a strange way I find it relaxing.
Reply 41
I listen to a few french and spanish songs, this one is my current favourite:
[video="youtube;_MPtXUeUznY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MPtXUeUznY[/video]
Original post by thechemistress
CATALLENA IS LIKE THE BEST SONG EVER. Seriously, words cannot describe my love for it xD I showed my sisters the other day and they were like 'wtf'?
I never knew you were into Kpop Yellow! XD

I KNOW RIGHT LOVE IT! :biggrin:

But we talk about K-Pop all the time! I though you would remember/know I'm in love with K-Pop by now. :tongue: My iTunes library has more K-Pop than English music.
Reply 43
Original post by tgwktm
I listen to a few french and spanish songs, this one is my current favourite:

That video is pretty cool

I usually like to understand the lyrics when I'm listening to music but if the actual song is good it doesn't really matter what language it's in. I listen to a lot of music in Finnish but I speak Finnish so it doesn't really count
That song is the ****. Seriously, I love it. <3

Orange Caramel! :biggrin:

I know right its AMAZING :biggrin:
Original post by yellowcopter
I KNOW RIGHT LOVE IT! :biggrin:

But we talk about K-Pop all the time! I though you would remember/know I'm in love with K-Pop by now. :tongue: My iTunes library has more K-Pop than English music.

We do? :O Have I just had a weird memory blank? D:
Yeah.. My phone music is 90% K-Pop, 10% english music :tongue: I always struggle when people ask what my favourite english artists are xD
I do! In French and German. I listened to a Chinese song some weeks ago and I'll probably do that more to help me.

Language teachers in my school usually put music in the language anyway which does actual help! (Singing along) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any Super Junior fans.

[video="youtube;B5m3l65Lp0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5m3l65Lp0I[/video]
We do? :O Have I just had a weird memory blank? D:
Yeah.. My phone music is 90% K-Pop, 10% english music :tongue: I always struggle when people ask what my favourite english artists are xD

I think it has. :lol: Either that or we haven't really talked about it much or in a while. :smile:

But now you know, I LOVE IT. :biggrin: 2NE1, 4Minute, SNSD, B1A4, SHINee and a whole load more. All except EXO, but I won't speak further of that since you're an EXO fan. :tongue:

Same, I'm like umm, do you like K-Pop? Then they're like what's that? The conversation usually ends there.
I think it has. :lol: Either that or we haven't really talked about it much or in a while. :smile:

But now you know, I LOVE IT. :biggrin: 2NE1, 4Minute, SNSD, B1A4, SHINee and a whole load more. All except EXO, but I won't speak further of that since you're an EXO fan. :tongue:

Same, I'm like umm, do you like K-Pop? Then they're like what's that? The conversation usually ends there.

Oh yeah, I remember now! On my old suzylemonade account, yeah xD

2NE1 is growing on me scarily fast D: They're really really good :O And nah, feel free to bash EXO. I realised that I don't actually like their music, I just like them because they're so ****ing hot. Can I just say that Oh Sehun is quite possibly one of the hottest men to walk the earth.

Yeah :tongue: People don't understand why I listen to music in a different language. It's all part of the fun :tongue:
It may be the thing to motivate you to learn the language! :biggrin:
Original post by LostGear
It may be the thing to motivate you to learn the language! :biggrin:

Having an interest in KPOP wants me to learn Korean.
Oh yeah, I remember now! On my old suzylemonade account, yeah xD

2NE1 is growing on me scarily fast D: They're really really good :O And nah, feel free to bash EXO. I realised that I don't actually like their music, I just like them because they're so ****ing hot. Can I just say that Oh Sehun is quite possibly one of the hottest men to walk the earth.

Yeah :tongue: People don't understand why I listen to music in a different language. It's all part of the fun :tongue:

2NE1 were the first K-Pop group I listened to and haven't regretted it since. :biggrin: I don't like to bash them, I just don't like them is all. :tongue: Don't like their music, and yeah most people are just fans because of their looks which really annoys me and which is why I hate their fandom. Though personally, I think they're really ugly. Being a guy though I guess I can't comment there. :dontknow:

That's the funniest bit. :lol: "How can you like music you can't understand?" is the question I always here and I'm like, is your brain that small that it's hard for you to listen to anything that's not English? :rolleyes:
Reply 53
I love music sung in French!!!:colondollar:
My favourites are Indila, Stromae and Garou :smile:

Also, an Indian friend of mine got me addicted to the song ''Tum Hi Ho'' I don't understand a word of hindi but it's just so damn beautiful....
2NE1 were the first K-Pop group I listened to and haven't regretted it since. :biggrin: I don't like to bash them, I just don't like them is all. :tongue: Don't like their music, and yeah most people are just fans because of their looks which really annoys me and which is why I hate their fandom. Though personally, I think they're really ugly. Being a guy though I guess I can't comment there. :dontknow:

That's the funniest bit. :lol: "How can you like music you can't understand?" is the question I always here and I'm like, is your brain that small that it's hard for you to listen to anything that's not English? :rolleyes:

Favourite 2NE1 song? :tongue:
That being said, I do genuinely like some of their songs. Mama was my jam for quite a while and heart attack is really good :biggrin: But the fandom can be very annoying at times. Did you hear about the whole Baekhyun and Taeyeon dating scandal? EXO fans actually sent death threats to both and said that they felt 'betrayed'?
Ugly? UGLY? What is this sorcery? Don't worry, I shall picture spam you later on :colone:

Exactly! You don't need to understand every single word to like a song :tongue: More often than not, especially with current American songs, it's better just to not understand what they're singing about :tongue:

This^
Favourite 2NE1 song? :tongue:
That being said, I do genuinely like some of their songs. Mama was my jam for quite a while and heart attack is really good :biggrin: But the fandom can be very annoying at times. Did you hear about the whole Baekhyun and Taeyeon dating scandal? EXO fans actually sent death threats to both and said that they felt 'betrayed'?
Ugly? UGLY? What is this sorcery? Don't worry, I shall picture spam you later on :colone:

Exactly! You don't need to understand every single word to like a song :tongue: More often than not, especially with current American songs, it's better just to not understand what they're singing about :tongue:

Hmm, too hard to say. Crush I think will have to be my favourite. :biggrin:

Yeah I heard about the death threats, stuff like that is why I hate the fandom. A lot of sasaengs. :frown: I did like one song by Exo, History, but that was it. :smile:

Sorry I think it's true. :lol: Spam me, I'm ready. :colonhash:

Yeah. :tongue: To be fair, when you look at the English translations K-Pop songs are usually a lot more meaningful too than English songs. That's the irony of it. :rolleyes:
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
[video="youtube;HkMNOlYcpHg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkMNOlYcpHg[/video]

Can we take a moment to appreciate the domino shot in this?
Anyone recommend some French and Spanish songs? Similar to Coeur de Pirate that was suggested earlier.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Arabic music :wink:

[video="youtube;63K5VMx2BZM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63K5VMx2BZM#t=137[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest