The Student Room Group

Excuses to go see my girlfriend?

So we have been dating a couple of months now and I have not told my parents about her yet as I am Asian and most of you guys probably know what Asian parents are like when it comes to relationships. However I really like her and before I used to have a job and so that was a good excuse to go see her and spend time with her, now the only excuse I have to leave the house is to go to the gym and then again I can only go for around 2 hours and then my parents get annoyed with me. I will be starting university in October so I was wondering if anyone can help me with a few excuses to see her more often up till then? Thank you.
Be brutally honest with your parents that you have a girlfriend. Perservere let them know you want to see her without making up excuses. Maybe suggest how you were thinking of making up excuses to go see her. Good luck OP
Tell them that some how, some where, a vagina needs destroying, and you must go to complete this mission to defend your countries honour.
(edited 9 years ago)
Aren't you allowed to see your friends ect or go out occasionally? Meet up with her then or are your parents equally paranoid about you going out like mine? :rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by chocolatesauce
Aren't you allowed to see your friends ect or go out occasionally? Meet up with her then or are your parents equally paranoid about you going out like mine? :rolleyes:

Yeah I am allowed but if I use that excuse too often then they start getting paranoid. I find it really tough to think of a way out of this :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by mallinder
Be brutally honest with your parents that you have a girlfriend. Perservere let them know you want to see her without making up excuses. Maybe suggest how you were thinking of making up excuses to go see her. Good luck OP

Trust me that is not what will help me because my sister told them about a boyfriend a few months ago and they went totally ballistic and she ended up breaking up with him. I don't want that to happen. Thank you
Try "I just need to go to the library and research something".

It lets you meet with your girlfriend and makes you appear smart and dedicated to your studies to your parents. And with you going to uni soon, you can say something about revising in advance.

Although, you shouldn't always use it because they'll give you higher expectations and it becomes more suspicious as time goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I am allowed but if I use that excuse too often then they start getting paranoid. I find it really tough to think of a way out of this :frown:

Ok these aren't mine and probably aren't helpful but

1) Going in town with some friends.
2) Staying over a friends
3)School trip or something?
4) You could just say you're going to see her,she's your girlfriend for crying out loud.
5) You got a job and just so happended to get fired on that day too.
6) Going out for a bit, need some air.
7) Going to the gym?
8) Going swimming, make sure you take swimming stuff with you and somehow make it damp
Reply 8
Original post by Firenze26
Try "I just need to go to the library and research something".

It lets you meet with your girlfriend and makes you appear smart and dedicated to your studies to your parents. And with you going to uni soon, you can say something about revising in advance.

Although, you shouldn't always use it because they'll give you higher expectations and it becomes more suspicious as time goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by chocolatesauce
Ok these aren't mine and probably aren't helpful but

1) Going in town with some friends.
2) Staying over a friends
3)School trip or something?
4) You could just say you're going to see her,she's your girlfriend for crying out loud.
5) You got a job and just so happended to get fired on that day too.
6) Going out for a bit, need some air.
7) Going to the gym?
8) Going swimming, make sure you take swimming stuff with you and somehow make it damp

I like the idea of going to the library but then my mom always tells me just to borrow the books and come home quickly.
Also I will use the going to town one but I can't use that often because my mom complains about me spending money on bus fare too often. I think I will look for a job for the last few months I have at home.
Reply 9
bummpppp :/
Original post by Anonymous
I like the idea of going to the library but then my mom always tells me just to borrow the books and come home quickly.
Also I will use the going to town one but I can't use that often because my mom complains about me spending money on bus fare too often. I think I will look for a job for the last few months I have at home.

Try saying the books you need are categorised as reference materials. You can't take those out from the library since they're reference materials.
Meeting friends obviously, if you start using it slowly then more and more it shouldn't look to weird.
Bar that, library was a good suggestion, gym is another good one or if that's hard (they wouldn't want you to get a membership) say you're going jogging/for walks?
I live by the beach so I tell my mom that I’m going to drive around the beach and get some fresh air so I can relax and be more productive
Tell her you have cancer and need to see her one last time
Original post by Immoral123
I live by the beach so I tell my mom that I’m going to drive around the beach and get some fresh air so I can relax and be more productive

Original post by iamthicccccc1405
Tell her you have cancer and need to see her one last time

Thread is over 6 years old.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Thread is over 6 years old.

Well I still think I had the best solution
Just say you're going to see your bird or better half or something. So long as you're wearing a mask, I am sure it will be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending