The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quady
And how old for the guy? A day over? A decade? More?

A 15 year 364 day old male is pretty much 16...
Original post by MylittlePlusle

But not actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
But not actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One day isn't really going to make a difference.
I;m not having sex with anyone anytime soon but I don't see what one day could do.

You want to end up on the sex offenders register - then fill your boots. Given all the stuff about Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville - I cannot see why anyone would even contemplate it.

Then think if you become well known - there is a queue of lawyers willing to jump on the mercenary bandwagon to take you to court...
Original post by squeakysquirrel
You want to end up on the sex offenders register - then fill your boots. Given all the stuff about Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville - I cannot see why anyone would even contemplate it.

Then think if you become well known - there is a queue of lawyers willing to jump on the mercenary bandwagon to take you to court...

I've already stated that I'm not having sex with anyone anytime soon, it's just a question I was wondering based on the very tiny time frame. I don't really think anyone would be imprisoned based on the fact it was only one day day, it's not like after 24 hours the person magically is able to say yes when they could of said yes a day before.
Reply 45

Yeah....
And someone with 59.9% degree mark pretty much has a 2.i. But hasn't.
Reply 46
One day isn't really going to make a difference.

Tell that to the judge *yawn*
Reply 47
yes, but I doubt you would actually be convicted
Original post by Quady
Tell that to the judge *yawn*

I'm not having sex with anyone, I'm just wondering if a person would get a in trouble. I.e if someone had sex with someone who was 15 years, 364 days old and they eventually got married would the person go to prison?
Reply 49
Original post by EatAndRevise
In the eyes of the law, yes.

I'm sure if the other party were to consent it wouldn't be
Reply 50
It's not a troll question, it's a question that came to my head today.

Technically yes, but why not wait! Unlikely to be prosecuted as not in the public interest !?
Original post by FIG2013
Technically yes, but why not wait! Unlikely to be prosecuted as not in the public interest !?

If the people did do it it's not like it could be proved anything happened.
Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

Are they under 16? Yes. Therefore it's illegal. Doesn't take a genuis to work that out
Conviction would be highly unlikely.
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
Are they under 16? Yes. Therefore it's illegal. Doesn't take a genuis to work that out

I think it's unlikely that anything would happen.
I think it's unlikely that anything would happen.

1. It's still illegal

2. If there was proof, she was under 16 at the time, then you should be convicted
Original post by Quady
Yeah....

But they most probably have, since the majority of institutions would round the 59.9% to 60% and give the 2:1.
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
1. It's still illegal

2. If there was proof, she was under 16 at the time, then you should be convicted

It's a hypothetical question, but I think it happens quite a lot with people not waiting, then again it is only one day, it doesn't really matter to be honest.
Original post by Quady
Yeah....

If you are half a percent away from 60% my univeristy will award you a 2:1.
Original post by Theflyingbarney
Well of course there is the caveat that you posted above, but other than that yes. And given the OP mentioned someone a day before their 16th birthday it sounds like the hypothetical defendant knows exactly how old the victim is, so it'd be a non-starter.

Combining procrastination with your degree!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending