The Student Room Group

Studying uni things before uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
and i would never dare to venture there

On the bright side, there's a lot of advice.
Original post by kkboyk
On the bright side, there's a lot of advice.

not ding a course about CS so yea.
Reply 42
what type of bugs?
I have tons on my PC

I'm a geek, but close enough.

I brought new stationary, books and everything for the new academic year. Sat down, opened my books for two seconds and closed them back again. :lol:
Life's too short to just spend it studying and working, hence why I'm doing p*ss all this summer, other than some part-time work once every week/two weeks
Reply 44
Original post by kkboyk
Yeah, it's highly useful especially if you don't have a particular AS/A2 they advise to have e.g. further maths for physics and engineering.

I already covered all of C3 this month and next month gonna do C4 and FP1, so when I start in September it will all just be revision; maybe I'll be able to get an A* :biggrin:

Smart people confuse me...
Reply 45
Yes I'm studying atm :smile:
YEP. But you've got years of study ahead and if u learn it all now, you'll get bored :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Productoflabour
I wonder what subject you're doing. That hasn't been my experience at all in regards to the summer reading. Although I totally agree with you node the OP is at uni. Not saying you're wrong but it's something I haven't really thought about in terms of doing well.

I'm not saying you can't do well if you don't do the basic reading in summer, but I find that if I get all of the core reading out of the way as quickly as possible, I can then go much deeper into the topics during the term and it also reduces the intensity of revision I need to do come exam time. My friends all think I'm crazy though, so I know this isn't a popular way of doing things hahaha.
Reply 48
Original post by xloisx
Smart people confuse me...

I'm not smart, that's why I'm doing it :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk
Many people had been saying the uni accommodations is absolutely horrendous and full of bugs -_-

I heard Taylor Courts accommodation was supposedly not up to standard, but the rest of Hulls accommodation is really good especially The Lawns.
Reply 50
not ding a course about CS so yea.

Oh yeah, you're a different guy.
Reply 51
Original post by kkboyk
I'm not smart, that's why I'm doing it :tongue:

Ah, now that's a good idea!
Reply 52
Original post by David B
I heard Taylor Courts accommodation was supposedly not up to standard, but the rest of Hulls accommodation is really good especially The Lawns.

Be sure to book an open day.
Reply 53
Original post by xloisx
Ah, now that's a good idea!

I have no life so it's the only thing I could do right now :'(
Original post by kkboyk
Oh yeah, you're a different guy.

???
Reply 55
Original post by kkboyk
I have no life so it's the only thing I could do right now :'(

At least it gives you a genuine excuse for having no life. My excuse is that I like my sleep. :/
Reply 56
Original post by xloisx
At least it gives you a genuine excuse for having no life. My excuse is that I like my sleep. :/

I'm jealous of you, I can't sleep for more than 5 hours. At first I was studying or BMAT and asked my parents for £60 for it, but now u cba to do it... and I cba to do sports either or anything.
I'm doing some reading before my course starts because I've never studied either subject before and also because I'm keen to get started.
Original post by kkboyk
Be sure to book an open day.

I've already been :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by David B
I've already been :smile:

Before you start have you heard the October 31st and December 25th joke?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending