The Student Room Group

Listening to music in a different language.

Scroll to see replies

another french song ive been listening to recently

[video="youtube;0oVyx9AQq7U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oVyx9AQq7U[/video]

most her songs are easier to find on spotify or amazon
Original post by yellowcopter
Hmm, too hard to say. Crush I think will have to be my favourite. :biggrin:

Yeah I heard about the death threats, stuff like that is why I hate the fandom. A lot of sasaengs. :frown: I did like one song by Exo, History, but that was it. :smile:

Sorry I think it's true. :lol: Spam me, I'm ready. :colonhash:

Yeah. :tongue: To be fair, when you look at the English translations K-Pop songs are usually a lot more meaningful too than English songs. That's the irony of it. :rolleyes:

I remember when I first discovered sasaengs... I was so shocked that people like that actually exist xD
History is great, actually :biggrin: Your mention of it prompted me to listen to it right now xD

Prepare your body :colone:

Yeahh actually. Taeyang's eyes nose lips is so emotional omg <3
Original post by thechemistress
I remember when I first discovered sasaengs... I was so shocked that people like that actually exist xD
History is great, actually :biggrin: Your mention of it prompted me to listen to it right now xD

OMG you know that song too? I stumbled across it after listening to UKISS. It is a great song :biggrin:

I actually discovered the word sasaeng from a friend at school (the only person in my whole year group who also likes K-Pop a.k.a. my best friend) and then found out what it was. Then I saw the EXO and SHINee sasaeng stories and I was like, dammmmn. :eek:

I liked History but meh, not my style anymore as Kris would say, probably going to delete it off my iPod sorry not sorry. :frown: Even though I'm not a huge EXO fan I watched the first episode of EXO Showtime, couldn't stop laughing at how Kris was like chickens not my style but then he couldn't resist himself to eat it. :tongue:

My body? Sure. :colone:

Not sure if sarcastic or not but I thought the lyrics were pretty meaningful. :dontknow: Maybe not to the extent of emotional, though. :lol:
Original post by Hachik0
OMG you know that song too? I stumbled across it after listening to UKISS. It is a great song :biggrin:

Yeah, I love it :biggrin: His voice is just so.. unghfjsswh\dj
I actually discovered the word sasaeng from a friend at school (the only person in my whole year group who also likes K-Pop a.k.a. my best friend) and then found out what it was. Then I saw the EXO and SHINee sasaeng stories and I was like, dammmmn. :eek:

I liked History but meh, not my style anymore as Kris would say, probably going to delete it off my iPod sorry not sorry. :frown: Even though I'm not a huge EXO fan I watched the first episode of EXO Showtime, couldn't stop laughing at how Kris was like chickens not my style but then he couldn't resist himself to eat it. :tongue:

My body? Sure. :colone:

Not sure if sarcastic or not but I thought the lyrics were pretty meaningful. :dontknow: Maybe not to the extent of emotional, though. :lol:

Ah, you lucky bugger. You have a best friend that likes K-Pop.. I is jealous :frown:
Yeah, the sasaeng stories are terrifying D: They do so many ****ed up things, seriously.

wHYYYYY yellow. Kris is krying :frown: :frown: :frown:
Yeah, Kris is a dork xD It's a shame he left xD

Nah, not sarcastic. It was an emotional sounding song. I also got emotional over his toplessness (another type of emotional though :colone:)
I listen to Russian music as I'm currently learning the language.

They have, um, interesting videos.

http://youtu.be/h2pNhaNc8Fo
Warning: Might not be suitable for younger audiences

This one isn't as racy and features some good Russian rap:

[video="youtube_share;xc3e_7qEAuA"]http://youtu.be/xc3e_7qEAuA[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Ah, you lucky bugger. You have a best friend that likes K-Pop.. I is jealous :frown:
Yeah, the sasaeng stories are terrifying D: They do so many ****ed up things, seriously.

wHYYYYY yellow. Kris is krying :frown: :frown: :frown:
Yeah, Kris is a dork xD It's a shame he left xD

Nah, not sarcastic. It was an emotional sounding song. I also got emotional over his toplessness (another type of emotional though :colone:)

Well considering I'm moving schools for sixth form, and she was into EXO and all guy groups and I was into girl groups more than guy groups and hate EXO we didn't really have much to talk about anyway. :tongue: Plus she was fairly new to K-Pop unlike me.

I want Kris to kry. :colone: It's not a shame he left. :colone:

Oh Suzy, how typical of you to say that. :rolleyes:
Well considering I'm moving schools for sixth form, and she was into EXO and all guy groups and I was into girl groups more than guy groups and hate EXO we didn't really have much to talk about anyway. :tongue: Plus she was fairly new to K-Pop unlike me.

I want Kris to kry. :colone: It's not a shame he left. :colone:

Oh Suzy, how typical of you to say that. :rolleyes:

Aw, will you miss her when you move? :frown: Ah, so you're a K-Pop ahjumma :colone: I'm actually fairly new to it.. I think I discovered it back in December 2012 xD

That's true XD I didn't particularly like Kris all that much, lol xD

Plz, it's Taeyang. EVERYBODY would say that :tongue:
Over the many years of my music variety

t.A.T.u - Russian pop singers (released their songs in both English and Russian)
Rammstein - German industrial metal
Eluviete - Swedish folk metal who sing in Gaelic for some of their songs (yeah. I know. What the hell.)
Marteria - sort of German pop... Anyone that played FIFA 12 will know it
Kraft Klub - again sort of German pop... Anyone that played FIFA 13 will know
Aw, will you miss her when you move? :frown: Ah, so you're a K-Pop ahjumma :colone: I'm actually fairly new to it.. I think I discovered it back in December 2012 xD

That's true XD I didn't particularly like Kris all that much, lol xD

Plz, it's Taeyang. EVERYBODY would say that :tongue:

Yeah I will. :frown:

Ahjumma? No that means aunt, I'm a guy so it's Ahjussi! :lol: I was a fan from around 2010 or so? Can't remember exactly when. :tongue:

Good, it's good to hate Exo. :colone:

By the way you're not very good at spamming. :wink:
I occasionally listen to Portuguese or German music, but most of the music I listen to is J-pop or K-pop :colondollar:
Yeah I will. :frown:

Ahjumma? No that means aunt, I'm a guy so it's Ahjussi! :lol: I was a fan from around 2010 or so? Can't remember exactly when. :tongue:

Good, it's good to hate Exo. :colone:

By the way you're not very good at spamming. :wink:

Aw, that's sad :frown: I'm moving for sixth form, but I don't think I'll miss my friends all that much xD

Yeah, that's the point. I was trying to insult you, noob :tongue: That was why there was a ':colone:' at the end :wink:
Jeez, that's ages! Were you around for SS501 then? I completely missed them :frown:

I ended the spam because you insulted the hottest man to walk the earth (Oh sehun). You're a tough nut to crack :tongue:
Aw, that's sad :frown: I'm moving for sixth form, but I don't think I'll miss my friends all that much xD

Yeah, that's the point. I was trying to insult you, noob :tongue: That was why there was a ':colone:' at the end :wink:
Jeez, that's ages! Were you around for SS501 then? I completely missed them :frown:

I ended the spam because you insulted the hottest man to walk the earth (Oh sehun). You're a tough nut to crack :tongue:

I'll only miss her and 1 or 2 others I guess but that's about it. :tongue: I'll make new friends anyway, plus I talk to her a lot on Twitter anyway. :smile:

Well you failed. :wink: No they ended around the time I only started listening to K-Pop.

Hottest my foot. :rolleyes:
thechemistress
x

Is it just me, or does EXO Kris look like the J-Drama actor Takasugi Mahiro? :tongue: Am I seeing things?

Kris: http://westerngirleasternboy.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/kris.jpeg

Takasugi Mahiro: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6c76f809gw1e4h9b6v3urj21kw2bkx6p.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
My favourite artists are mostly foreign. Stromae and Shakira (only in Spanish/older albums).

[video="youtube;wdpXyI3_Qpk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdpXyI3_Qpk&list=UUFKo78ysxmRhoQ85ySEo_PQ[/video]
I love to listen to songs in Italian, especially Disney, it's such a beautiful language.
I'll only miss her and 1 or 2 others I guess but that's about it. :tongue: I'll make new friends anyway, plus I talk to her a lot on Twitter anyway. :smile:

Well you failed. :wink: No they ended around the time I only started listening to K-Pop.

Hottest my foot. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, and plenty of new girl friends :wink: With mine, sheep's and bb's advice you'll definitely be a girl magnet xD

Plz. You were totally offended
Aw, that's a shame :frown: They were really cool xD

Exactly. Even Sehun's foot is hotter than the entire world put together :wink:
Reply 78
Original post by grgrgr
That video is pretty cool

I usually like to understand the lyrics when I'm listening to music but if the actual song is good it doesn't really matter what language it's in. I listen to a lot of music in Finnish but I speak Finnish so it doesn't really count

yeah it is, i have watched it loads. i agree i also like to understand the lyrics so i can sing along haha, but when it comes to the spanish songs i listen to i can understand a bit of it cause i can speak spanish a bit, can't understand a word of french but love the song all the same
Is it just me, or does EXO Kris look like the J-Drama actor Takasugi Mahiro? :tongue: Am I seeing things?

Kris: http://westerngirleasternboy.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/kris.jpeg

Takasugi Mahiro: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6c76f809gw1e4h9b6v3urj21kw2bkx6p.jpg

Woah... The resemblance is uncanny D: They may be related in some way

Quick Reply

Latest