The Student Room Group

Debenhams Restaraunt Assistant Telephone interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gorganite
Haha I said that about the British Heritage and all :smile:
Yeah my interviewer was impressed when I was saying that
And no, not yet heard nothing so far :frown: But it was two days ago when I called and she said that they hadn't even sorted out the interview dates and all so I guess I still wait which I hate :mad:

By the way, how much would you get paid and what branch location could you be working at?

Ahh that's good :smile: and that's really good! and aww I'm sure they will soon :smile: and between 5 and 6 pound an hour, i'm not entirely sure how much :smile: and I'd be working in the in Hull :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
Ahh that's good :smile: and that's really good! and aww I'm sure they will soon :smile: and between 5 and 6 pound an hour, i'm not entirely sure how much :smile: and I'd be working in the in Hull :smile:

So basically the same proices ans all :smile: Prepare well and all. If the interviewer liked what you did, you just need to replicate it :cool: But i understand how you would feel, when you get there you'll be nervous probably :tongue:
Reply 22
So basically the same proices ans all :smile: Prepare well and all. If the interviewer liked what you did, you just need to replicate it :cool: But i understand how you would feel, when you get there you'll be nervous probably :tongue:

Yeah haha :smile: and I have been don't worry I've looked up about Debenhams themselves as a company and the role, the type of food they sell and the facilities they provide for younger diners! The rest I can guess is just about myself and my experience, I can't think of what else to research, do you have any ideas?! or is that enough:redface: and yeah exactly, I will try my best and let you know how it went! but I am quite nervous I keep thinking about it and being like ahhhh :confused:
Original post by Dwalk24
Yeah haha :smile: and I have been don't worry I've looked up about Debenhams themselves as a company and the role, the type of food they sell and the facilities they provide for younger diners! The rest I can guess is just about myself and my experience, I can't think of what else to research, do you have any ideas?! or is that enough:redface: and yeah exactly, I will try my best and let you know how it went! but I am quite nervous I keep thinking about it and being like ahhhh :confused:

That's all I've done as well really I know some of their work ethics and their individual brands. All I can say is prepare for situation questions
Reply 24
That's all I've done as well really I know some of their work ethics and their individual brands. All I can say is prepare for situation questions

Yeah that's good to know for your role due to it all being about the brands :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
Yeah that's good to know for your role due to it all being about the brands :smile:

How did it go??
Reply 26
How did it go??

It was really good thank you, she said afterwards I had a strong confident interview to hoping for the best! There was so many questions though like 4 pages worth! You heard anything from yours yet? :smile:
Original post by Dwalk24
It was really good thank you, she said afterwards I had a strong confident interview to hoping for the best! There was so many questions though like 4 pages worth! You heard anything from yours yet? :smile:

Sounds like you nailed that interview then :biggrin: No still nothing, taking too long to be honest :/

They asked that much questions though? Gosh sounds like a lot. Do you*remember some of them
Reply 28
Sounds like you nailed that interview then :biggrin: No still nothing, taking too long to be honest :/

They asked that much questions though? Gosh sounds like a lot. Do you*remember some of them

I hope so it sounds pretty promising :smile: and yeah I was like my :frown:, there all under different headings too. and some of them where what would you find challenging in your role, when have you received good and bad customer service and what would you bring from that person to the job you're applying for, what do you think the job entails, how would you describe yourself, how would you fit into the team and what could you bring to the job! they're the one's i can remember :smile: they just like you to mention about team work and mention about your previous job and how you'd adapt well :smile: hope that helps!
Original post by Dwalk24
I hope so it sounds pretty promising :smile: and yeah I was like my :frown:, there all under different headings too. and some of them where what would you find challenging in your role, when have you received good and bad customer service and what would you bring from that person to the job you're applying for, what do you think the job entails, how would you describe yourself, how would you fit into the team and what could you bring to the job! they're the one's i can remember :smile: they just like you to mention about team work and mention about your previous job and how you'd adapt well :smile: hope that helps!

That actually sounds alright. Only one is what would I find challenging. Could mention about never done retail or something
Reply 30
That actually sounds alright. Only one is what would I find challenging. Could mention about never done retail or something

To be honest it is, once you get into it it's honestly fine! I'm sure you'll do brilliant :smile: and yeah they like the honesty to be honest, just got to wait 9 more days to find out about if i was successful!
Original post by Dwalk24
To be honest it is, once you get into it it's honestly fine! I'm sure you'll do brilliant :smile: and yeah they like the honesty to be honest, just got to wait 9 more days to find out about if i was successful!

So even more waiting haha. Everything about getting a job is just a lot of waiting
Reply 32
So even more waiting haha. Everything about getting a job is just a lot of waiting

I know! not good for people like me who are impatient! :frown:
Original post by Dwalk24
I know! not good for people like me who are impatient! :frown:

I called today again about it, and to be honest the person who answered didn't know what happened to mine and was confused, so he said he was going to get the person who interviewed me to call me as she would know what was the answer and all :s-smilie:

Now I'm not too sure :frown:
Reply 34
I called today again about it, and to be honest the person who answered didn't know what happened to mine and was confused, so he said he was going to get the person who interviewed me to call me as she would know what was the answer and all :s-smilie:

Now I'm not too sure :frown:

Have you heard anything from them now? :frown:
Original post by Dwalk24
Have you heard anything from them now? :frown:

I called again. And this time the person actually talked to my interviewer. But yeah I have been successful. Just need to confirm the interview times and all. So same thing really :/
Reply 36
I called again. And this time the person actually talked to my interviewer. But yeah I have been successful. Just need to confirm the interview times and all. So same thing really :/

Oh that's good, well least you know for certain something is going to happen, just annoying for you how slow it's all going :frown:
Original post by Dwalk24
Oh that's good, well least you know for certain something is going to happen, just annoying for you how slow it's all going :frown:

Ikr. It's been a month now and I just want the interview and (hopefully) the job. I should get the job for using my initiative and all and calling :colondollar:
In all seriousness does that mean that there are loads of people who applied and that I might have to do a group interview :eek::eek:
Reply 38
Ikr. It's been a month now and I just want the interview and (hopefully) the job. I should get the job for using my initiative and all and calling :colondollar:
In all seriousness does that mean that there are loads of people who applied and that I might have to do a group interview :eek::eek:

Seriously that's so long :frown: and you should just by the amount of waiting you've done! and it could mean that, maybe that's why it's taking so long.. I have no idea, I was scared mine was going to be like that but even though there were a lot of applicants at where I went, there was a few positions too so it'll be okay either way for you!:redface:
Original post by Dwalk24
Seriously that's so long :frown: and you should just by the amount of waiting you've done! and it could mean that, maybe that's why it's taking so long.. I have no idea, I was scared mine was going to be like that but even though there were a lot of applicants at where I went, there was a few positions too so it'll be okay either way for you!:redface:

So I take it you still haven't heard anything either? Guess we both still waiting :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending