The Student Room Group

What Jungian personality type are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by de_monies
I dunno. It says that ENTJ people are supposedly just 3% of men :P

you special snowflake :tongue:

INFJ is 2% of woman and 1% of men, usually 1% of the population.

You don't seem arrogant on here but then again maybe you're diff irl :wink:

You seem pretty decisive to me :dontknow:
Original post by de_monies
I don't shout? I find people just... listen :tongue: Unless you're talking to very angry people (who are angry by nature)

Sorry I didn't. I pulled that quote from one of the links given above :smile:

Or is it because we allegedly do lots of things? I don't want to be more likely to have a cardiac arrest!

Ah kk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brownsugar-xx
you special snowflake :tongue:

INFJ is 2% of woman and 1% of men, usually 1% of the population.

You don't seem arrogant on here but then again maybe you're diff irl :wink:

You seem pretty decisive to me :dontknow:

Certainly hope Im not perceived as arrogant irl! :biggrin: Dont see myself as being decisive either :tongue:

Original post by karmacrunch
Or is it because we allegedly do lots of things? I don't want to be more likely to have a cardiac arrest!

Ah kk :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so? - Also possibly the "career minded" thing which tbh, rings pretty true for myself
ESFJ
Yeah, it talks a lot about the Arts and creativity :laugh: which is slightly true for me. Maybe you're an extra special INFJ :colondollar:

The parts where it says we're complicated but don't show it much, i agree a lot with that.

I agree that i'm caring and sensitive, but i don't think i *appear* that way which it keeps saying, i'm pretty sure i come off as a bit of a dick :dontknow:

I am quite creative as well though.

Definitely! Agree on both counts haha
Your Type Preferences
Extravert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(38%) Judging(1%)

Because you appear to have marginal or no (1%) preference of Judging over Perceiving, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
ENFJ and ENFP.

Sounds about right I guess.

Interestingly it says enfj is a teacher, and I teach as well as coaching a sport so that fits pretty well!
(edited 9 years ago)
INFJ. That explains a lot...
Ohhh that's interesting, thanks for the explanation it's cleared all that up for me :smile: but what does it mean that 'thinking' is my least dominant characteristic? what does 'thinking' actually mean?

Thinking is to do with trying to view things in an objective, rational light, trying not to let emotions get in the way. Thinkers are often characterised by being more concerned with objective, factual things and can be rather dismissive of emotions, sometimes to the point of seeing them as a weakness. Not that thinkers have no emotions or that feelers are incapable of being rational, it's just that as a feeler, your first instinct is to engage with a problem on an emotional level. The INFJ I know has one of the sharpest intellects of anybody I've ever met.

INFJs' cognitive functions are, in order of strongest to weakest:
introverted intuition, extraverted feeling, introverted thinking, extraverted sensing.
If you're interested, you could do a lot worse than to do some research into cognitive functions. Introverted intuition makes INFJs big picture people who should subconsciously gravitate towards the abstract over the mundane. Naturally, INFJs are more inclined to be emotional and to consider the emotional needs of the people involved in a situation - my friend described herself as an "emotional sponge". INFJs are generally people pleasers by nature and dislike conflict or anything that could jeopardise the harmony of the group they belong in. This is all because of their extraverted feeling function. However, given long enough to dwell on a thought/problem, they can steel themselves and come across as far more emotionally restrained and rational than most people would expect them to be, due to their allowing their introverted thinking to start working.
ESTJ
Original post by wrexhamfc
Thinking is to do with trying to view things in an objective, rational light, trying not to let emotions get in the way. Thinkers are often characterised by being more concerned with objective, factual things and can be rather dismissive of emotions, sometimes to the point of seeing them as a weakness. Not that thinkers have no emotions or that feelers are incapable of being rational, it's just that as a feeler, your first instinct is to engage with a problem on an emotional level. The INFJ I know has one of the sharpest intellects of anybody I've ever met.

INFJs' cognitive functions are, in order of strongest to weakest:
introverted intuition, extraverted feeling, introverted thinking, extraverted sensing.
If you're interested, you could do a lot worse than to do some research into cognitive functions. Introverted intuition makes INFJs big picture people who should subconsciously gravitate towards the abstract over the mundane. Naturally, INFJs are more inclined to be emotional and to consider the emotional needs of the people involved in a situation - my friend described herself as an "emotional sponge". INFJs are generally people pleasers by nature and dislike conflict or anything that could jeopardise the harmony of the group they belong in. This is all because of their extraverted feeling function. However, given long enough to dwell on a thought/problem, they can steel themselves and come across as far more emotionally restrained and rational than most people would expect them to be, due to their allowing their introverted thinking to start working.

Wow, thanks for such a detailed description :smile: i think i will check that out, thanks for the tip!
Original post by LadySmythe

This! :smile:
Original post by GoldenEmblem277
INFP- The Idealist

Represent! 4.5% of the population. We're the only two in this thread! :eek:

guess
INTJ
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(12%) Judging(67%)

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)

You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)

You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Original post by thechemistress
INTJ for some unknown reason

I don't think I'm INTJ

Oh lovely. Another INTJ.

I've done this before and I think I was the the same!
Original post by + polarity -
guess

INTJ?
Original post by LadySmythe

Same :five:
I oscillate, apparently, between ISTJ and INTJ.
INFP:K:

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)
Original post by usycool1
Same :five:

We are superior :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest