The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The vampire
I'd just up and leave. Make me. :biggrin:

You would receive an internal exclusion for leaving a classroom without permission.

Original post by Munrot07
What subject? :smile: How did you get into teaching, what was your process.

I want to become a teacher when I'm older so would love to ask some questions :smile:

Maths. I went in through the PGCE route via university.
Exactly, I used to say to my teachers, do they want me to piss here or in the toilet. They'd let me go.

Wish I had the confidence to do that back then :moon:
What's the worst thing a student has ever done to you?

I've been assaulted twice. Once at each school that I've taught at.

I don't want to go into any specific detail about either incident as I'm sure some of my students have TSR.
Original post by Autistic Merit
You would receive an internal exclusion for leaving a classroom without permission.

Maths. I went in through the PGCE route via university.

Awesome :smile: and what is a PGCE like? What do you do during that year? Do you have to experience at a school and if so do you get to choose which school (or at least apply to ones yourself) you want to get experience at or do they choose a place for you to go?
Do you think you're one of the least liked teachers or one of the most liked?

Don't want to be in your class anyway. :tongue: I'd get you into trouble for not letting me go.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Munrot07
Awesome :smile: and what is a PGCE like? What do you do during that year? Do you have to experience at a school and if so do you get to choose which school (or at least apply to ones yourself) you want to get experience at or do they choose a place for you to go?

PGCE is very tiring and there's a lot of boring lectures. You meet interesting people. You don't get a choice of school but it will be local. You can express a preference but they can't guarantee it.

Original post by Serena20
Do you think you're one of the least liked teachers or one of the most liked?

I'd imagine I'm quite Marmite. There's a few girls who despise me and a few boys who've said I'm boring and stuff. There are some students who like me though.

Don't want to be in your class anyway. :tongue: I'd get you into trouble for not letting me go.

Go on then. Complain to the Head.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Have you ever taught anyone that got in Ivies+Stanford+MIT?

Also what are the best academics a student you taught has achieved.

I've taught some A* students before. I'm British so the best uni any of them have gotten into is UCL.
What do you feel about teachers who strike, subsequently impacting on children's education?

Go on then. Complain to the Head.

I would, you'd be the one in trouble not me.
Original post by TSR Mustafa

:laugh:

Wouldn't you do the same?
What would you do if someone threw a ruler at your head and you didn't see who it was? Hehe :tongue:
I've taught some A* students before. I'm British so the best uni any of them have gotten into is UCL.

Do you agree that uni is a waste of time unless you go to the unis I mentioned as well as Oxbridge and lse?
:laugh:

Wouldn't you do the same?

I make up a excuse , like some bowel problem or something and bs my way to the bathroom , if that doesn't work. Then i just leave , if im desperate - i'm not going to sit there and pee myself.
This is a first. :angry:

How long have you been teaching for?
Do you think caning (corporal punishment) should be introduced back into the school system?

Have you ever wanted to hit any of your students?

I plan on going to Wolverhampton Uni to do BEd Primary Ed, 3yr course, at the end I will gain QTS, does this mean I can start teaching straight after uni?
Original post by SophiaLDN
Do you think caning (corporal punishment) should be introduced back into the school system?

What's wrong with you :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by One Man Band
What do you feel about teachers who strike, subsequently impacting on children's education?

It's their choice. Standards are quite low so I don't blame them for being angry. Admittedly, it's not something I know everything about still.

Original post by Serena20
What would you do if someone threw a ruler at your head and you didn't see who it was? Hehe :tongue:

Similar things have happened before to me. The most important thing is to not over react or to react in a way that the students would find funny; easier said than done.

Do you agree that uni is a waste of time unless you go to the unis I mentioned as well as Oxbridge and lse?

No because you might want a degree like Speech and Language Therapy or Agriculture in which case other unis are just as good if not better.

Original post by RFowler
How long have you been teaching for?

3 years

Original post by SophiaLDN

No I don't think violence is ever justifiable. If we teach children that we can get what we want by using intimidation and fear then that's wrong. I would much rather have a positive relationship with my students.

Original post by beyknowles
I plan on going to Wolverhampton Uni to do BEd Primary Ed, 3yr course, at the end I will gain QTS, does this mean I can start teaching straight after uni?

I'm not sure to be honest. All the people I know who are primary teachers all did a 4 year course.
What's wrong with you :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I cant ask his opinion on a topic now? :/

Latest