The Student Room Group

How much student loan are you getting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nigella
I was thinking about putting it in a savings account. Apparently you can make a wee bit of interest with the Santander 123 account :tongue:

My goal is to live on as little as possible after my food and travel (will have a small 'night out' fund tho) and save the rest :colondollar:

It's the new 4 year Management Science MSci, so you get your undergrad Bsc and post grad Msci in one. I will be saving for my 4th year too.

Where are you going or do you currently go to ?

700 is loads :biggrin: well done!

Oh that's awesome, I wish my course included a masters!

I start Biomedical Sciences in September, but I did a foundation year at uni this year to get onto it.

Aye £700 is al-right but nowhere near enough what I'll need! :tongue:
For those of you doing computer based or design based courses i thought this might be useful.. had the link pop up on facebook

http://www.adobe.com/education/students/adobe-campus-rep.edu.html?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nigella
Yes there is :biggrin: didn't you see the option ? Maybe only London students saw it :colondollar:

I get special support grant because I'm registered disabled :smile: . Special support grant doesn't get subtracted out of your loan :redface:

Haha I see but I am a London student :tongue: Oh well, I'll have to budget :colondollar:

Ohhh I see. Where are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Original post by SophieSmall
Oh that's awesome, I wish my course included a masters!

I start Biomedical Sciences in September, but I did a foundation year at uni this year to get onto it.

Aye £700 is al-right but nowhere near enough what I'll need! :tongue:

I know the joint degrees save alot of money in the long run :biggrin:

i hope u manage to save everything hun! :smile:
Reply 224
Original post by Moonstruck16
Haha I see but I am a London student :tongue: Oh well, I'll have to budget :colondollar:

Ohhh I see. Where are you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to UCL where are you going ? :smile:
Original post by Nigella
I know the joint degrees save alot of money in the long run :biggrin:

i hope u manage to save everything hun! :smile:

Aye I didn't realise joint degrees were really an option before I started and applied. I'm thinking of going to France for my masters/ possibly PhD anyway to save money as tuition fees are dirt cheap over there! And thank you :smile:
Reply 226
Oooh what will you be studying? :smile:

You could put some of it into savings? Maybe save up for postgraduate study if you plan to further your studies.

I'm trying to save some money for postgraduate, only got 700 so far :')

What postgraduate degree do you plan on doing? Or even PhD for that matter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by David B
What postgraduate degree do you plan on doing? Or even PhD for that matter.

At the moment I'm looking into a masters in Genetics at the university of Lyon, but I do also like the idea of virology or neuroepidimology.

As for PhD no idea yet.
-
Your parents are nasty people.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 229
At the moment I'm looking into a masters in Genetics at the university of Lyon, but I do also like the idea of virology or neuroepidimology.

As for PhD no idea yet.

How much cheaper is it doing an masters in France?
Original post by David B
How much cheaper is it doing an masters in France?

When I looked it was 360 euro per year (for my course) I think which is super cheap
Oh no of course I don't mind :smile: I get the maximum loan and grant.

:biggrin: Wow, that's impressive. *sparkly eyes* haha.
Original post by Nigella
I'm going to UCL where are you going ? :smile:

I am also going to UCL :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maintenance Loan:6058
Maintenance Grant:3387
Bursaries:
Scholarships:
Savings:
Money from Parents:

Accommodation Cost: 6500-7000 pa
Weekly spend after Accommodation: ~80 pw
Original post by Lil3utterfly
I guess I could, but I'm also happy with my loan.
Because the more grant I have, the less loan I get right?
So maybe it doesn't matter greatly to me.

Thanks though :smile:

Substituting loan money for grant money is worthwhile because you don't have to pay back the grant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cem101
Maintenance Loan:6058
Maintenance Grant:3387
Bursaries:
Scholarships:
Savings:
Money from Parents:

Accommodation Cost: 6500-7000 pa
Weekly spend after Accommodation: ~80 pw

Wow your accommodation is expensive! What uni are you going to, are you getting catered?
Original post by bananaminion
Wow your accommodation is expensive! What uni are you going to, are you getting catered?

UCL and I'm not catered, i asked for my own toilet but sacrificed cooking, otherwise it would be too much.
Original post by cem101
UCL and I'm not catered, i asked for my own toilet but sacrificed cooking, otherwise it would be too much.

Ohh London living - thaat's why, I did wonder why your loan was so much as well!
Original post by bananaminion
Ohh London living - thaat's why, I did wonder why your loan was so much as well!

yeah haha. I actually got more but i think thats the loan limit so all the loan you are entitled to over that figure gets chucked in the grant pot. :smile: happy days. I just want to start uni now tbh, hopefully results go well. good luck.
Original post by Squirb
Substituting loan money for grant money is worthwhile because you don't have to pay back the grant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, would it be too late? I ve already sent my form and everything and will be receiving my loan soon.

Quick Reply

Latest