The Student Room Group

'Straight white guy festival' causes controversy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Mick.w
yes nice avi. im a fan of the jersey shore look.

women are not entitled to reparations for just being women. and legal discrimination is not a reparative.

in america men have to prove that they are not the father. they are guilty till proven innocent. for the father to get a dna test he must first have custody of the child. women can easily stop this. if the father has custody of the child he will have to pay for the dna test.

also many men cannot pay for legal aid to fight for their case in court. the courts predisposition is bias towards women. unless the man has money and time. and even then.

if you think your son deserves to go to prison because he lost his job and cannot keep up child payments then i think your an awful mother and should not be allowed to be the chaperone of children.

Wtf? I wasn't even talking to you. &Tl, dr.
Original post by ApeMob
Wtf? I wasn't even talking to you. &Tl, dr.

guess what?
its a public forum.

perhaps you were confused and thought you were in pm?

nice little gif you have there.
Reply 422
Original post by Mick.w
guess what?
its a public forum.

perhaps you were confused and thought you were in pm?

nice little gif you have there.

Ohh poor little boy bored all alone at home. Run along.
Original post by ApeMob
Ohh poor little boy bored all alone at home. Run along.

lol well excuse me my lip gloss popping, eye rolling, hair flicking, non contributing zero of a friend.

clearly a discussion that involves critical thinking is a challenge above your station and now your falling back on playground debate. a place you are well suited for.
Reply 424
Original post by Mick.w
lol well excuse me my lip gloss popping, eye rolling, hair flicking, non contributing zero of a friend.

clearly a discussion that involves critical thinking is a challenge above your station and now your falling back on playground debate. a place you are well suited for.

Whoa whoa whoa kiddo where's all this reserved anger and pent up hostility coming from :talkhand: I engage with people worth my time, when they are not I piss about with them. How can I take someone's post seriously when the first thing they say is comment on my avie oh and then have a go when I wasn't even talking to them? Boy, get lost.
Original post by Mick.w
and you have no evidence to back up that american sales = black sales. which was your point.

Original post by Mick.w
and what proof do you have of that? exhibit what?.

It's a simple fact of life my friend. Why do you continue to argue against common sense? If you want to believe that a radio format hosted by Blacks, a radio format that only plays music black music, has a majority white audience, I'm afraid that is your own problem. I guess BET was aimed at white people all this time xD. When the delusion is that thick there is not much I can do to change your mind. I'm just going to assume that you don't actually know what Urban radio is :/

Original post by Mick.w
well if your going to use sales as evidence of demographics you have to take spending trends as a contributing factor. most youngsters download their music for free. album sales will be in favour of people with disposable incomes and probably of a less internet savvy age group.

What has this got to do with race/gender demographics?

Original post by Mick.w
chris brown has always been marketed towards women. post rihanna he tried to open back to a male audience. however his new look is as a bad boy rnb singer. much like drake or the weeknd. notice that even when chris brown had beaten rihanna there were droves of women demonstrating support for him. he is a poster boy for girls. even boondocks satired this. its quite obvious he's marketed towards girls despite his negative outlook towards women.

Waaiiit. A cartoon show said it so it must be true. Why is it so hard for you to understand that he is marketed towards both genders. Why on earth would his management constrict his fanbase and thus limit his sales?

Original post by Mick.w
yes they could also play kelis my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard and say its for the fellas too.

Right but the don't. That's the point. lmao.

Original post by Mick.w
kings of leon - use somebody was a song intended for "the fellas" on the surface. but really it was for the girls. because it was meant to reel in soft hearted female audiences. it was their initial release of their new look which was sexier for the girls as they went away from the hill billy looking git up from earlier in their career.

Lol. Apparently Kings Of Leon is a girls band now. The more you know.

Original post by Mick.w
i never said fanbase. i said scene. theres a difference.

What is this "scene" you speak of?

also online forums are very different spaces to music scenes.

house music is intended for girls. its for club culture. club culture brings in girls 1st as guys will follow the girls. yet the same girls that turn up clubbing would never go on a house music forum.

House is a gender neutral genre. Try again.

Original post by Mick.w
also. im sure you looked long and hard for those pics to make your point. as i just googled those artists names and had to troll through to find those pics.

Yup but according to you Metal is a white males genre because you don't see women at Marlyn Manson concerts. But waitt

Spoiler

Looks like you got some explaining to do.

Original post by Mick.w
yes nice avi. im a fan of the jersey shore look.

women are not entitled to reparations for just being women. and legal discrimination is not a reparative.

in america men have to prove that they are not the father. they are guilty till proven innocent. for the father to get a dna test he must first have custody of the child. women can easily stop this. if the father has custody of the child he will have to pay for the dna test.

also many men cannot pay for legal aid to fight for their case in court. the courts predisposition is bias towards women. unless the man has money and time. and even then.

if you think your son deserves to go to prison because he lost his job and cannot keep up child payments then i think your an awful mother and should not be allowed to be the chaperone of children.

Err err. Incorrect answer.

Before a child support order can be established for a child, the alleged father must either admit or be proven to be the child's father.

http://www.dcss.co.riverside.ca.us/Process/process.asp

Thanks for playing.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 427
Original post by Truths
It's a simple fact of life my friend. Why do you continue to argue against common sense? If you want to believe that a radio format hosted by Blacks, a radio format that only plays music black music, has a majority white audience, I'm afraid that is your own problem. I guess BET was aimed at white people all this time xD. When the delusion is that thick there is not much I can do to change your mind. I'm just going to assume that you don't actually know what Urban radio is :/

Waaiiit. A cartoon show said it so it must be true. Why is it so hard for you to understand that he is marketed towards both genders. Why on earth would his management constrict his fanbase and thus limit his sales?

Yup but according to you Metal is a white males genre because you don't see women at Marlyn Manson concerts. But waitt

Spoiler

lol I don't know the context of any of this but DAMN. :biggrin:
Original post by ApeMob
Whoa whoa whoa kiddo where's all this reserved anger and pent up hostility coming from :talkhand: I engage with people worth my time, when they are not I piss about with them. How can I take someone's post seriously when the first thing they say is comment on my avie oh and then have a go when I wasn't even talking to them? Boy, get lost.

no hostility here :smile: just killing time.

this is an internet forum. not a street. its kind of the whole reason a forum. its for people to engage in dialog without invite.

so that whole "was i talking to you" stance out of place here. in fact it kinda shows u just haven't grasped the idea of a public forum.

its good to know that your time is still worth wasting with pissing about with people. im sure your pissing more impressive than your... well... whatever else it is you do.

i find your posts difficult to take seriously due to your avatar but you don't hear me complaining.

your point was ignorant and wrong.

you had little to nothing to return other than adolescent effeminate sass.

and yes i did comment on your avatar. i understand the jersey shore look is largely considered trashy and cheap. but i thought to extend a hand of support by saying it looks good as i am a fan of the jersey shore look.
Original post by ApeMob

He's a special case but sometimes he makes it too easy lol
Original post by Truths

Err err. Incorrect answer.

Thanks for playing.

it varies from state to state.
Reply 431
lmao this Mick character thinks I have time to read all this stupidness he took the time to write.

Boy,
Original post by Mick.w

and yes i did comment on your avatar. i understand the jersey shore look is largely considered trashy and cheap. but i thought to extend a hand of support by saying it looks good as i am a fan of the jersey shore look.

The transparency.

Original post by Mick.w
it varies from state to state.

Is that so? I would like to see proof of a state that corroborates your false fallacies and fairytales. I'll be waiting. Yeh that's what I thought.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Truths

its not. your just ignorant.
1xtra is marketed largely towards white listeners now.
as is kiss.

how do i know?
i've met tim westwoods team. and know other people working for bbc radio1. the difference between bbc radio 1 and 1 xtra is getting smaller by the day.

tim westwoods team themselves target white middle class suburb types.

i also was educated by some of the first dj's of kiss who are still close friends with some kiss staff.

lets break it down for you.

if white rich kids are spending all their money on black stuff like wu tang cd's fubu and akademiks jeans. then people who wanna sell stuff to rich white kids are gonna "black it up"

to be down with the kids is to use black subcultural references and slang.

from when you have teachers using rap to try and teach kids william wordsworth then you can see that making something black is usually meant to make it marketable to white kids.

also BET is not a radio station (pssst... its a tv channel). I'm just going to assume that you don't actually know what radio is :/

Original post by Truths

i explained how buying trends and media consumption was varied depending on its demographic. go back and read it again.

Original post by Truths

well i thought considering you have issue comprehending things i thought you'd favour learning from cartoon.
the key is target audience and priority. not limit or restrict.

look clearly your a big fan of chris brown and as a result don't want to say your a big fan of an artist marketed to girls. but in all fairness. every time you've chosen a gif to express yourself with. you've chosen a women. so yea... girls and effeminate men who express themselves as girls. thats who they target.

Original post by Truths

you mean the point that you can play pretty much anything and say "this is for the (insert group here)" also when did you ever hear a dj say this ones for the fellas and play chris brown? you got any evidence of that?

Original post by Truths

yes young girls are the primary target audience for KoL's publicist team now.

Original post by Truths

assume the below is a mistake you made while quoting me considering its exactly what i said.

considering you struggle with popular music culture theory so far im not going to go into the depths of defining scenes but i will be kind enough to point you in the direction of a book so you can educate your self.
Understanding Popular Music Culture By Roy Shuker

enjoy

Original post by Truths

it really isnt. its primary audience is women. ask any dj or any one who works in the night club scene. its old news.

Original post by Truths

Spoiler

well you've certainly proved my point about it being white.
the picture with the most women is actually from a festival.
you've also picked photos that are focusing on women from the crowed. meaning you cannot see the crowd they are in to compare them to the rest.
two of your other pictures actually prove my point as i can see a maximum of maybe 3 women in each one.

it seems you've also got a bit side tracked with Marilyn Manson. i said the concert i went to was like that. certainly the heavy metal scene is like that. and by scene i don't mean marilyn manson i mean heavy metal as a whole.

also i can see your a fan of the pic thing. its really not sound evidence for target audience research. its pointless because you can troll through 100s of images and collect the minority to illustrate your point. also you can't even do that properly considering many of your photos have proved my point.
Original post by Truths
The transparency.

its sarcasm.
i thought you'd get that as your not american.

she on the other hand probably thinks people actually like that.

it was more of a dig a the fact that she pic'd a photo thats tried to make her look as least black as possible. but then again your a bounty too so ur probably a fan of all that bleach out fakery.
Original post by Truths
Is that so? I would like to see proof of a state that corroborates your false fallacies and fairytales. I'll be waiting. Yeh that's what I thought.

check georgia. my mate studied there as a lawyer. he told me bout it.
Original post by ApeMob

ur knees are dirty. :rolleyes:

anyway you can run along now. truths here. i'd rather discuss with him than his third wheel.
Reply 438
Original post by Mick.w
ur knees are dirty. :rolleyes:

anyway you can run along now. truths here. i'd rather discuss with him than his third wheel.

boy shut up, you just bumped me back to this thread idiot :rolleyes: I already forgot about you.
Original post by ApeMob
boy shut up, you just bumped me back to this thread idiot :rolleyes: I already forgot about you.

have some self discipline and stop replying then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending