The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MylittlePlusle
Is it illegal to have sex with someone who is one day before their 16th birthday?
Is it illegal to run someone over if they don't get injured?

Is it illegal to spike someone's drink if it's something that won't actually harm them?

Is it illegal to kill someone if they won't be missed or their death won't be noticed?

Is it illegal to buy a drink at a bar if you're one day before your eighteenth birthday?

:facepalm2:
Original post by Tootles
Is it illegal to run someone over if they don't get injured?

Is it illegal to spike someone's drink if it's something that won't actually harm them?

Is it illegal to kill someone if they won't be missed or their death won't be noticed?

Is it illegal to buy a drink at a bar if you're one day before your eighteenth birthday?

:facepalm2:

Yes, that's stupid.
Yes but they won't get harmed so how would they know unless they were told?
Yes but it wouldn't be likely that anyone would know.
Yes but how can you tell the difference between a 17 year 365 day old and an 18 year old? There's no difference whatsoever, they are pretty much 18 anyway.
Reply 62
Yes but how can you tell the difference between a 17 year 365 day old and an 18 year old? There's no difference whatsoever, they are pretty much 18 anyway.

By asking?

Same as you would if you were serving them booze or selling them cigerettes.
Reply 63
For the purpose of the law when does sex "start"?
If the time of first insertion was one minute before midnight on the night of one of the participants 16th birthday, and concluded sometime afterwards, would that be illegal?
Does it somehow go from "rape" to "consensual" while still completing the act, or as it was initiated before does it continually count as an offence?

I know this would never ever ever be done or even thought of in reality, it's one minute! But for the purpose of the law what is the technical legal standpoint on this?
Original post by JWoodsie
If the time of first insertion was one minute before midnight on the night of one of the participants 16th birthday, and concluded sometime afterwards, would that be illegal?
Does it somehow go from "rape" to "consensual" while still completing the act, or as it was initiated before does it continually count as an offence?

I know this would never ever ever be done or even thought of in reality, it's one minute! But for the purpose of the law what is the technical legal standpoint on this?

I know, this is really confusing, does it still count as rape or not I mean if they started "making out" at 23:59:00 and the penis enter the vagina at 23:59:50 then orgasm happened at 00:02:50 will the person be breaking the law? I still don't see how 60 seconds mean anything.
Reply 65

No it doesn't, the offense was already committed by midnight.

Otherwise you could keep in in her from her 8th birthday through to her 16th and it wouldn't be rape...
Original post by Veni Vidi Fugi
Combining procrastination with your degree!

Hooray!

Although unfortunately, I did this stuff in first year, so it's a bit late.
Yes, that's stupid.
Yes but they won't get harmed so how would they know unless they were told?
Yes but it wouldn't be likely that anyone would know.
If you're seventeen years and three hundred and sixty-four days old, you're less than eighteen; ergo you are below the age at which you can buy a drink. There's no grey area, and the fact that you can't tell the difference by sight is why everywhere is so anal about age verification. Likewise, if you're fifteen years and three hundred and sixty-four days old, you're less than sixteen, which means you're below the age of consent.

'Having sex' is defined as any sexual contact; not by when or if an orgasm occurred. That being the case, if any sexual touching occurred before the change of date (even if it be at exactly 23:59:59), the entire act is illegal. This means that if he inserts himself into her (or she lowers herself onto him) and she us even a second underage, then strictly speaking the whole act is illegal.

I know, this is really confusing, does it still count as rape or not I mean if they started "making out" at 23:59:00 and the penis enter the vagina at 23:59:50 then orgasm happened at 00:02:50 will the person be breaking the law? I still don't see how 60 seconds mean anything.
Yes. Because see above.

I know. The law is an ass.
Does it somehow go from "rape" to "consensual
" while still completing the act, or as it was initiated before does it continually count as an offence?

Again, consensual sex with a fifteen year old isn't statuatory rape, it's sex with a minor, which isn't a rape charge. Sex with a twelve year old is stat rape.
Yes.
One day isn't really going to make a difference.

Not if there's one day difference between both participants, but if the girl is 15 and 364 days old and the bloke is 45. You can bet your ass it will make a difference in court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending