The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Anyone go to or are considering applying to Writtle College in for 2014/15?

Scroll to see replies

Hey all! I am also going to Writtle College this September. I will be studying Interior Architecture. I am pretty excited! Anyone going to the Open day tomorrow? 5th July 2014?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Hi Jason, what accommodation are you staying in and I went to an open day back in October its lovely there
Heyy Hayleigh I am also going to be studying animal management zoo and companion animals :biggrin: I cant wait :biggrin: I am staying in tabour 2 I think it was, I cant wait to go, would be nice to get to know some people before going?
Original post by AliceBeccaa
Heyy Hayleigh I am also going to be studying animal management zoo and companion animals :biggrin: I cant wait :biggrin: I am staying in tabour 2 I think it was, I cant wait to go, would be nice to get to know some people before going?

Hi Alice, yeah it would b nice seen as I don't know anyone who's going personally yet, i'm staying in Tabor 1 or 3, not fully sure what one they'll put me in yet though
Original post by Hayleigh96
Hi Alice, yeah it would b nice seen as I don't know anyone who's going personally yet, i'm staying in Tabor 1 or 3, not fully sure what one they'll put me in yet though

Yeah I think it was tabour 2, I dont know anyone thats going either, most of my friends started uni last September but I deferred and worked for the year, and none of my friends went there anyways. most people dont even know where I am going they have never heard of Writtle. I hope we can get to know each other a bit before we go, that way we could maybe meet up on moving in day? :smile:
Yeah I think it was tabour 2, I dont know anyone thats going either, most of my friends started uni last September but I deferred and worked for the year, and none of my friends went there anyways. most people dont even know where I am going they have never heard of Writtle. I hope we can get to know each other a bit before we go, that way we could maybe meet up on moving in day? :smile:

yeah that sounds great :smile:, i'm really excited about freshers and the course, what about you?
yeah that sounds great :smile:, i'm really excited about freshers and the course, what about you?

Yeah I cant wait for freshers week, all my friends were like make sure you have plenty of money because freshers week is the best week! And I cant wait to start the course, it looks so interesting. When I went there the stud farm looked amazing, I wouldn't mind doing some of the equestrian courses too. I hope you can get riding lessons at weekends so something then I won't have to find another stables.

So, do you drive? are you taking a car to uni with you? What area of the country you coming from?
(edited 9 years ago)
yeah the only downer about the course is not many trips, and no don't drive at the moment but learning so hopefully soon and i'm coming from central London so not that far, what about you?
yeah the only downer about the course is not many trips, and no don't drive at the moment but learning so hopefully soon and i'm coming from central London so not that far, what about you?

Yeah more trips would be good, I live in surrey so again, not far about a 2hour drive. Yeah I drive so taking my car with me, I need some way of getting to the farms as it's far to walk :P also as I currently work at sainsburys I am looking at transferring stores so I don't have to look for a job once at uni and the sainsburys there is far from the uni so I definitely need a car. Good luck with your lessons!
Hey I've only just seen this thread! I am starting at Writtle College in September studying Vet Physio. I am staying in halls in Tabor 2 as well. I'm very excited and hoping to meet people :smile:
Original post by Lauren1102
Hey I've only just seen this thread! I am starting at Writtle College in September studying Vet Physio. I am staying in halls in Tabor 2 as well. I'm very excited and hoping to meet people :smile:

wow vet physio sounds complicated. would be great to get to know you also before we go :smile:
Were you coming from?
I hope it's not going to be too bad lol! What are you studying? Yeh it will be great to get to know you before moving in day.. Coming round very quickly! I'm coming from Norwich how about you? :smile:
Yeah more trips would be good, I live in surrey so again, not far about a 2hour drive. Yeah I drive so taking my car with me, I need some way of getting to the farms as it's far to walk :P also as I currently work at sainsburys I am looking at transferring stores so I don't have to look for a job once at uni and the sainsburys there is far from the uni so I definitely need a car. Good luck with your lessons!

change of plans unfortunately grades weren't as good as I hoped so they put me on the foundation course for the first year but if I work really hard hey may let me join the degree course in the second year, hopefully it works out the way I've planned
change of plans unfortunately grades weren't as good as I hoped so they put me on the foundation course for the first year but if I work really hard hey may let me join the degree course in the second year, hopefully it works out the way I've planned

Oh no, sorry to hear that, Hopefully you will be able to go onto the degree course :smile:
Original post by Lauren1102
I hope it's not going to be too bad lol! What are you studying? Yeh it will be great to get to know you before moving in day.. Coming round very quickly! I'm coming from Norwich how about you? :smile:

I am coming from Surrey, and I know! september is so close! and I have so much to do before moving, give work a date i will no longer be working there, try and transfer to a store near Writtle. and Shop for everything I need. I dont really know what to take, my grandad bought me a kettle and a toaster, not sure I will be allowed the toaster but I am keeping the kettle xD
Hi Jason, what accommodation are you staying in and I went to an open day back in October its lovely there

Hey Hayleigh, I am staying at Gill, I agree it is nice there.
September is coming soon! I can't wait...It's quite hard to find other people going Writtle so good to know there's a few from here :smile:
hey anyone know whats going on with the freshers week?
Oh no, sorry to hear that, Hopefully you will be able to go onto the degree course :smile:

my college done my grades wrong :frown: so I actually got the grades for the degree now so just waiting to see if they'll give it back to me :smile:
my college done my grades wrong :frown: so I actually got the grades for the degree now so just waiting to see if they'll give it back to me :smile:

Fingers Crossed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending