The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by broscience123
And then what happens after both sides stop fighting? Israel can carry on oppressing the Palestinians and stealing land, whilst the world remains silent?

Gaza has been vacated in its entirety back to 67 lines. There is no "stealing of land"

Let's try and get a grasp of even the most basic of facts, eh?

Additionally, it looks like from your post that you see the continuation of rocket fire as a reasonable decision.

May I suggest that you do not then go on to complain about casualties? :smile:
Original post by Inzamam99
A third Intifada is essential.

Holding out for a peace accord will achieve nothing.

Just as long as you don't come on here complaining about casualties :smile:

It's just that the 'palestinians' and their cheerleaders often talk in a bullish manner about taking on Israel and intifadas.

Then once they get they backsides handed to them, they come on forums like this to cry about how the mean Israelis are killing them.

All I'm saying is that if you want an Intifada, no problem - just prepare the bodybags and don't complain when they start getting toe-tagged by the hundreds. :smile:
Original post by Chindits
Gaza has been vacated in its entirety back to 67 lines. There is no "stealing of land"

Additionally, it looks like from your post that you see the continuation of rocket fire as a reasonable decision.

May I suggest that you do not then go on to complain about casualties? :smile:

Nice to see you didn't deny that Israel will go back to oppressing Palestinians. Congratulations, you've gotten past the stage of denial :congrats:

And let's not forget the West Bank eh? Illegal settlements and land stealing is thriving there!

Also nice, putting words in my mouth xD

That is untrue and has been pointed out to you on at least one other occasion. There is a buffer zone (1KM, now 3KM) where Palestinians are not allowed to approach.

This is controlled by the Israeli's so no, "Gaza has [not] been vacated in its entirety"...

And let's not forget the West Bank eh? Illegal settlements and land stealing is thriving there!

We're talking about the situation in Gaza.

You were discussing what would happen if the rocket fire stopped.

Since rocket fire doesn't come from the West Bank, one is to assume we're talking about Gaza.

So of course any talk about "stealing land" is completely factually wrong.

Just wanted to point out another one of your errors :smile:
Original post by tsr1269
Militants=/= Exclusively HAMAS.

Oh, and by the way, you should try and keep up to date with the news once in a while:

Chris Gunness:

"Just to be clear: there is no evidence whatsoever that there were rockets in the school at Beit Hanoun in #Gaza yesterday RT"

firstly who is chris guiness, is he a close personal friend of yours, and why all of a sudden should the world accept his twitter accusation that ban ki moon and the UN are lieing about this lol

and while i accept there may possibly be other small time islamist groups also in gaza. hamas are the boss of that region without question, they control all the arms there, including even those of the police.

no one in their right mind would think that 'millitant rockets' belong to anyone but hamas - present company accepted
We're talking about the situation in Gaza.

You were discussing what would happen if the rocket fire stopped.

Since rocket fire doesn't come from the West Bank, one is to assume we're talking about Gaza.

So of course any talk about "stealing land" is completely factually wrong.

Just wanted to point out another one of your errors :smile:

Nope, my point was that due to this current conflict more people around the world are now more aware of Israel's heinous war crimes and treatments of the Palestinians. They are able to do more research into the conflict and discover how Israel was created through bloodshed and how they continue to oppress and steal land from Palestinians (especially in the West Bank).

When the spotlight falls off Israel, Israel will be happy to commit even more international crimes and no one will bat an eyelid.
Original post by tsr1269
That is untrue and has been pointed out to you on at least one other occasion. There is a buffer zone (1KM, now 3KM) where Palestinians are not allowed to approach.

This is controlled by the Israeli's so no, "Gaza has [not] been vacated in its entirety"...

They are not allowed to approach because it's a buffer zone. The same as with Lebanon and the same with many warring nations around the world

Gaza have been vacated in its entirety and no amount of Islamic double-speak will change that.
Nope, my point was that due to this current conflict more people around the world are now more aware of Israel's heinous war crimes and treatments of the Palestinians. They are able to do more research into the conflict and discover how Israel was created through bloodshed and how they continue to oppress and steal land from Palestinians (especially in the West Bank).

When the spotlight falls off Israel, Israel will be happy to commit even more international crimes and no one will bat an eyelid.

As right, so you were discussing ending rocket fire (or not, as you seem to believe)

But the above ^^^ is actually what you mean?

Ok, whatever you say :smile:
Original post by Meenglishnogood
firstly who is chris guiness, is he a close personal friend of yours, and why all of a sudden should the world accept his twitter accusation that ban ki moon and the UN are lieing about this lol

Wow. That one takes the biscuit. Have you not been following the conflict or what?

He is a UNWRA spokesperson (i.e: One of the many persons who look after the UN schools and refugee camps in Gaza) or in other words, a UN employee.

It clearly says it in his twitter profile:

" UNRWA Spokesman advocating passionately for Palestine refugees to enjoy all their rights to the full, including the right to a just and durable solution."

and while i accept there may possibly be other small time islamist groups also in gaza. hamas are the boss of that region without question, they control all the arms there, including even those of the police.

HAMAS doesn't even directly control it's own military wing.

no one in their right mind would think that 'millitant rockets' belong to anyone but hamas - present company accepted

PIJ?
They are not allowed to approach because it's a buffer zone. The same as with Lebanon and the same with many warring nations around the world

Gaza have been vacated in its entirety and no amount of Islamic double-speak will change that.

It is Gazan land where the buffer zone.

You might have a point if the buffer zone was established on "Israeli land" but that is not the case.

Ergo, you have no valid points.
Sources close to Netanyahu and Meshal say a ceasefire is close. Sen. John Kerry has been working his socks off.

I wonder what the terms of the ceasefire is?

Was Bibi frightened at the prospect of a 3rd Intifada? Did Meshal gain something credible from this ceasefire in order to effect a change?

Oh, and Ed Miliband condemns the Israeli incursion into Gaza.
Original post by tsr1269
Wow. That one takes the biscuit. Have you not been following the conflict or what?

He is a UNWRA spokesperson (i.e: One of the many persons who look after the UN schools and refugee camps in Gaza) or in other words, a UN employee.

It clearly says it in his twitter profile:

" UNRWA Spokesman advocating passionately for Palestine refugees to enjoy all their rights to the full, including the right to a just and durable solution."

HAMAS doesn't even directly control it's own military wing.

PIJ?

Chris Guiness was very clearly talking about the one school that was hit yesterday. I and Ban Ki Moon was very clearly talking about the 2 UN schools that WERE CONFIRMED TO HOLD MILITANT ROCKETS HIDDEN INSIDE THEM

and re hamas wings etc, its all hamas sonny
(edited 9 years ago)

Sadly it seems that Zionists have hijacked the Jewish faith. The Zionists try to blur the line between Zionism and Judaism, such that any critical opinion of Israel will result in you being called anti-semitic by the hasbara keyboard warriors.
Original post by tsr1269

Was Bibi frightened at the prospect of a 3rd Intifada?

because the previous 2 intifadas have gone so well for the islamists?
Original post by tsr1269
It is Gazan land where the buffer zone.

You might have a point if the buffer zone was established on "Israeli land" but that is not the case.

Ergo, you have no valid points.

Sorry, that's not how buffer zones work. Although they usually straddle borders or are in a no-man's land.

Of course what you seem unaware of (and that's ok because you're not well read on this situation) is that where the buffer zone/fence lies, actually came about as an agreement between Israel and the 'palestinians'

In the 1994 Interim Agreement on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, it was agreed that "the security fence erected by Israel around the Gaza Strip shall remain in place and that the line demarcated by the fence, as shown on the map, shall be authoritative only for the purpose of the Agreement"

Easy mistake to make, don't worry about it :smile:
because the previous 2 intifadas have gone so well for the islamists?

Yes, they always seem full of bluster before an intifada.

And then full of tears a few months later.

Like kids getting scolded.
again , i think the problem here is your inability to understand things that are explained to you logically without propaganda it might be easier if you could find an adult in your household i could continue this conversation with so you dont have these delay making errors constantly -

Chris Guiness was very clearly talking about the one school that was hit yesterday. I and Ban Ki Moon was very clearly talking about the 2 UN schools that WERE CONFIRMED TO HOLD MILITANT ROCKETS HIDDEN INSIDE THEM

understand now? if not, i suggest you move on to another topic you can handle

Apparently, the Israeli's were attesting that there were rockets in that school which is why they hit it.

The Israeli's didn't hit the schools in which rockets were found because they didn't know about them?

and re hamas wings etc, its all hamas sonny

They have a huge degree of autonomy.
Sorry, that's not how buffer zones work. Although they usually straddle borders or are in a no-man's land.

Of course what you seem unaware of (and that's ok because you're not well read on this situation) is that where the buffer zone/fence lies, actually came about as an agreement between Israel and the 'palestinians'

That land is clearly stipulated as land which encompasses the region of Gaza.

Ergo, Gazan land is being occupied.

Easy mistake to make, don't worry about it :smile:

Where's the map?

Latest

Trending

Trending